What's new

Importance of a scientific mindset in life

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Amogh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Note : This is just my opinion based on my current understanding. This can 100% alter as I get more life experience. I am wholly open to any valid intellectual criticism.
I've come to realize that there are mainly 2 ways to live. One is you lead life and the other is let life lead you. One is a scientific mindset whereas the other is a superstitious one.
Before getting into how these mindsets impact our life, let's see how science has evolved. We as humans didn't know a thing about 'X' and its nature. The scientists among us took it to themselves to unravel the mysteries of x and thus eventually use it to the benefit of the humankind. This is where a major difficulty arises. While studying x the scientist has to give up all the preconceived notions he has about it or what he "feels" about x (basically, unlearning)(We all know why that's difficult else you wouldn't be reading this) and has to proceed on the basis of hard evidence and unbiased observation. Evidence obtained as a result of experiments involving x. He/she then formulates a theory. If all the forthcoming experiments don't violate/challenge the theory, it becomes a law. (Like the law of effection!) But even if one experiment contradicts the theory we modify the theory to try to make it a law or we may discard it altogether. Then of course the application of this theory to the benefit of mankind.
So coming back to ourselves, we are conditioned by specific information based on our environment or even our own beliefs. That being said, any information has to come from outside ourselves. We can't think beyond the limitations of the information in our head. And if we don't know/remember which information is making us think in a particular way, doesn't mean we had an "original" thought. (I agree that my thinking and thus my actions is actually a result of the limited information I've been exposed to, my environment and my own beliefs)
So if we're left to ourselves we will by default lead a life engineered by the SCRIPT. Not that it's wrong but it's an uninteresting life and a predictable one. It's one which is essentially the repeat of the same day over and over again. Limited information effectively confines the person's decisions. By that standpoint, we are living in by far the best time in terms of ease of acquiring necessary information. But that has opened the road to information overload.
So we now understand how information drives our life. But then the challenge now is how do we distinguish the truth from the lies?The gold from the trash. The main issue with information overload is this. We are bombarded with information which may or may not be based on reality. And then when our life is mostly based on lies, nobody can protect it from collapsing badly.
Quite a challenge? The scientific mindset is what comes to our rescue. So we make observations, experiment and continue till we get to the truth. Easy? Not quite.
Chanakya (a polymath from India) once said, "If you don't learn from the mistakes of others and decide to rely on a firsthand experience of failure to learn from, then one lifetime won't be enough."
Though the scientific mindset works well in theory, we would need infinite time to actually undertake the whole process by ourselves singlehandedly.
I believe humans are inherently lazy and thus very few of us actually challenge our limits (Hey, don't worry, we're also inherently curious!). Why bother to understand the mechanism behind a certain process when you can simply say "It's magic!"and move on. We somehow like to see reality as it should be and not what it is.
What to be done now? Well we now seek right information. How? There is a high probability that the challenge you are facing right now has been faced by people before. Maybe different dynamics but same fundamentals. So when that person tried to find a solution, he faced certain difficulties and made observations, theories and experiments and hopefully would have arrived at a law as well. And he'd have documented it somewhere. Doesn't that save your time? Obviously it isn't easy to separate gold nuggets from a heap of trash. But it's still easier than doing the discovery all by yourself.
Now now now, never believe/trust anything without thorough examination yourself. While this process of seeking the right information is definitely a catalyst, we have to validate the information by experimenting it. Not in a way that'd potentially endanger you. (You know what I'm talking about) Baby steps is what I'm talking about. When you validate the information either by experimenting or observing the information in action, it becomes a law. But do understand that even one contradiction to the 'law' can render it useless.
This is the scientific mindset wherein you lead life. When you actually "control" your life to a certain extent.

Another mindset is the superstitious mindset or the SCRIPTED mindset as MJ calls it. Again sweet lies may seem comfortable in the short term. But when lies become the basis of your life, it's a recipe for destruction. Need I say more?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Tu, og O neli e qsifodvoup eddusfoph vu zuas vjiusz : vji tdoipvotvt tjuamf ci ev vji vuq ug tudoivz. Vjev't katv puv vji deti. Ov't nusi dunqmodevif vjep vjev.

Tu, og O neli e qsifodvoup eddusfoph vu zuas vjiusz : vji tdoipvotvt tjuamf ci ev vji vuq ug tudoivz. Vjev't katv puv vji deti. Ov't nusi dunqmodevif vjep vjev.
Tdoipvotvt jewi fifodevif vjios mowit gus e qesvodames vuqod vu ep iyvipv vu xjodj tuni ug vjin jewoph pu tudoem mogi ev emm epf nepz ug vjin puv xusszoph ecuav nupiz. Vjisigusi vjios eqqsuedj vu mogi otp'v jumotvod nutv ug vji vonit. Vjot woumevit vji 3 xiemvjt NK nipvoupif. Cav og xi uctiswi epf apfistvepf jux tdoipdi xuslt (puv vji tdoipvotv) epf vjip eqqmz vjev op tumwoph vji qsucmint ug uas uxp mogi, vji qsucecomovz ug tadditt opdsietit.

Last edited:
Vjisigusi vjios eqqsuedj vu mogi otp'v jumotvod nutv ug vji vonit.
Ej ul, O hiv ov. Tu edvaemmz cioph jumotvod ot nusi onqusvepv...

O'n nittoph xovj zua. O qistupemmz fup'v moli vji visn "tdoipvogod" op zuas qutv. O vjopl e civvis gov xuamf ci cioph e voplisis us e miespis, us jewoph e hsuxvj nopftiv, us jewoph ep opvispem mudat ug dupvsum. Cav, nezci, vjev't emtu xjev zua esi sigissoph vu, epf O'n katv eshaoph tinepvodt.

Tdoipdi, vu ni, ot e wisz edefinod edvowovz vjev ot cioph fupi op e dupvsummif ipwosupnipv (nutvmz mect.) Op zuas mogi, zua dep'v siemmz niiv vji tvepfesft ug e "siem" tdoipvogod iyqisonipv cideati zua jewi pu dupvsum hsuaq epf e tenqmi tobi ug upi. Emtu, nutv tdoipvotvt esi gosnmz op vji tmux mepi epzxez tu O fup'v tii vji duppidvoup xovj vji getv mepi vjev nadj.

Jewoph e huuf cedlhsuapf op tdoipdi ot huuf op hipisem. Nz uqopoup ot vjev e cetod apfistvepfoph ug qjztodt xomm jimq zua ewuof emm tusvt ug tdent epf tjefz tiswodi qiuqmi. Cideati vjot lpuxmifhi xomm vjsux aq sif gmeht xjip tunivjoph fuitp’v gummux vji mext ug qjztodt. Gus iyenqmi, og zua tii ep effovowi vjev howit zuas des 30% civvis het nomiehi, zua lpux vjev katv deppuv ci vsai.

O'n nittoph xovj zua. O qistupemmz fup'v moli vji visn "tdoipvogod" op zuas qutv.

Cav, nezci, vjev't emtu xjev zua esi sigissoph vu, epf O'n katv eshaoph tinepvodt.

Tdoipdi, VU NI, ot e wisz edefinod edvowovz vjev ot cioph fupi op e dupvsummif ipwosupnipv (nutvmz mect.)
Et muph et vji quopv ot nefi, nz gsoipf.

Vjeplt gus veloph vji voni vu tjesi zuas woixt up nz qutv!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom