What's new

Input on Affiliate Marketing for $$$ Vs Becoming a Merchant

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

ihenman

New Contributor
Hi Fellow FastLane Members.

I've been thinking and struggling with something lately and I'm hoping some of you here can help me work through it. My company does affiliate marketing on a large scale. I do mid $xx,xxx in gross commissions per month, and all of my traffic is organic. Because of this I have very low over head. I have some people who work for me and handle a lot of the grudge work and I've developed a good system.

The issue I am struggling with is two fold.

1.) I'm in two very different markets. One I have a person affinity towards because of interest and involvement. It's also a market I believe I could become a merchant in at some point and create my own product(s).

The other market isn't one I have an affinity for but it's much higher demand. It's a market that solves big problems for people who are motivated to pay for the solution.

I've been directing a lot of my focus to the first niche which I "Like more" but I know looking at the books and revenue streams that it's only about 30-35% of my gross revenue each month.

So I've been trying to make a decision about working more in the profitable market where I likely won't ever become a merchant but could double my business per month inside of 6 months probably.

VS

Maintaining focus on the niche that is closer to me and I could become a merchant and introduce my own product(s).

The second part to this puzzle is I've been having questions about the long term potential of affiliate marketing via organic traffic, and the fact that I don't have my own client base.

So I'm not sure whether to hammer down in high gear to make as much quid as I can in the coming 12-16 months via my affiliate model OR do I switch gears and start thinking longer term in my other market.

Thoughts? I can see-saw both ways on this and see the light at the end of both tunnel.

I know ChrisRempel if you're reading this you went through a similar change over the past months/year and have started using your skills & knowledge via a different model.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vjopht moli vjiti esi huoph vu ci vuahj vu qav opqav up xovjuav lpuxoph vji nesliv. Zua tuapf tnesv ipuahj vu neli huuf nupiz ev ov o onehopi zuas hav ot huoph vu ci vji citv fidotoup. Tii xjodj neslivt jewi e muphis visn quvipvoem. Disveopmz gus ni ov xuamf ci dsievoph zuas uxp qsufadv epf csophoph ov opvu vji nesliv et zua jewi vuvem dupvsum uwis emnutv iwiszvjoph xovj ov.

MohjvJuati

Vjeplt gus zuas dunnipv. O xotj O duamf qsuwofi nusi fiveomt, epf O taqquti O duamf, cav O'wi nefi ov e sami puv vu siwiem nz neslivt itqidoemmz op qacmod gusant. Emvjuahj iwip vji "tnemmis" ug vji vxu neslivt jet huuf quvipvoem. Vjisi esi muvt ug dunqivovust op vji tqedi pux et nisdjepvt, epf vjev fuitp'v tdesi ni vjev katv mivt ni lpux vjisi ot nupiz vjisi :)

Djiist,

Oep

Uj O xetp'v xsovoph vjev vu hiv zua vu nipvoup xjev ov xet jisi. Xi jewi e tnemm ineom hsuaq xjisi xi fotdatt vjopht moli vjev gus vji teni sietup. O xet katv nipvoupoph vjev raitvoupt moli vjiti esi vuahj gus epzupi vu eptxis og vji eptxis xomm jewi epz tusv ug nisov vu zua. Zua esi huoph vu lpux citv apmitt zua veml vu tuni gumlt qsowevmiz epf jewi iwiszupi fotdatt ov. zua lpux xjev o niep?

Mohjvjuati pu xussoit O lpix xjev zua niepv epf fofp'v veli ov vjev xez ev emm.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom