Hey all.
So for one of my classes that I am taking (entrepreneurship and innovation), we are required to interview a local entrepreneur. For my choice, I was lucky enough to snag the co-founder of a place called Backyard Bowls here in Santa Barbara, CA. Being that Backyard Bowls is a growing and popular establishment in town and the co-founder is in a sense a town celebrity, I wanted to get your opinions on what some good questions might be to ask. I need ten questions that focus extracting information such as:
A. What is their personal story of becoming interested in business?
b. How did they get started?
c. What is their unique selling proposition? How is their service or product different?
d. How did they get money to start their business?
e. What special skills did they have to get started?
f. How important is their team?
g. Are they able to make a profit now? How long did it take to make money?
h. What is their lifestyle like? Do they have freedoms? Travel? Or does their business tend to own them?
i. What advice can they share with the class?
I've been watching interviews on youtube, and using the search function on here to find as much as I can about some great questions to ask, to ensure that I get as much great information as possible. I definitely want to go into the topic of schooling and how (un)useful it was in creating a thriving business, and other things like who you surround yourself with.
Thanks so much to everyone in advance. Here's a little more info on the company. http://www.backyardbowls.com/byb_culture.html
Cheers!
So for one of my classes that I am taking (entrepreneurship and innovation), we are required to interview a local entrepreneur. For my choice, I was lucky enough to snag the co-founder of a place called Backyard Bowls here in Santa Barbara, CA. Being that Backyard Bowls is a growing and popular establishment in town and the co-founder is in a sense a town celebrity, I wanted to get your opinions on what some good questions might be to ask. I need ten questions that focus extracting information such as:
A. What is their personal story of becoming interested in business?
b. How did they get started?
c. What is their unique selling proposition? How is their service or product different?
d. How did they get money to start their business?
e. What special skills did they have to get started?
f. How important is their team?
g. Are they able to make a profit now? How long did it take to make money?
h. What is their lifestyle like? Do they have freedoms? Travel? Or does their business tend to own them?
i. What advice can they share with the class?
I've been watching interviews on youtube, and using the search function on here to find as much as I can about some great questions to ask, to ensure that I get as much great information as possible. I definitely want to go into the topic of schooling and how (un)useful it was in creating a thriving business, and other things like who you surround yourself with.
Thanks so much to everyone in advance. Here's a little more info on the company. http://www.backyardbowls.com/byb_culture.html
Cheers!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
