What's new

Intro, Advice Welcome, Entering New Territory

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Lioness11

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Hello, hello. I'm Aly, living in Nashville, TN. I want to share my story and where I'm at. I'm thinking I'd definitely like to start a progress thread on here. I've been lurking and commenting the last couple of days. This is all very brand new to me but I'm so thrilled to learn. Here goes.

I'm on the sidewalk. Yep, that's right. There's one comfort I take in this place of insecurity and fear... yes, one comfort. I've always almost subconsciously rejected the idea of 'education', 'debt' and 'jobs'. Now of course, to my parents this was very quickly labeled as lazy and spoiled and I can absolutely see why. See, at the risk of sounding crazy, before I read this book I was depressed. I know that might sound extreme, but it's true. Here's where I'm at:

- I'm a full-time stay at home Mom with HUGE dreams.
- I have no degree, but went to college for 4 years to learn about things I was interested in
- I'm highly creative but hate doing art-based jobs (graphic design etc) because I hate other people's ideas
- I'm married to my sidewalking twin and we've both justified misusing our money for ten years. We never saw the point and it was the perfect antidote to our miserable relationship.
- My husband is supportive of my dreams but completely beaten down by the slow lane and blames everything else but himself for this.
- I'm fantastically loquacious, love public speaking, writing and reading but feel lost as how to leverage my skills and ideas into a business that fulfills a need.
- We have no savings and live paycheck to paycheck
- My husband still hasn't had his "snow in the toilet" moment like me
- My idea has always been to create a lifestyle brand targeted at Women (mostly mothers) focused on Self-Centering and rejecting the victim mentality. This includes blogging, an e-market of carefully curated, ethically sourced goods that focus on simplicity, e-books, and e-courses created by me and other like-minded women all over the world.
- I've done some research and learned that the #1 problem people want solved is feeling a sense of inner peace- I feel like I have the answer for this.
- I read books on business, money, marketing. I listen to podcasts, watch youtube videos and have slowly but surely become a producer instead of a consumer.
- The Millionaire Fastlane confirmed what I've always known in my heart and seeing the math has me excited for life again.
- I'm absolutely thrilled about my process.

Right now I'm dedicating every extra moment I have and making time to learn as much as I can about online marketing, niche markets, and researching potential competition. I've owned two business' that had no road map, they failed, I learned.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed but riding the wave and staying organized in my thoughts and process'. I have no clue what's going to happen to my marriage and while I care, it feels completely out of my control. I feel like all I can do is stay on my game and hope he'll catch up.

I have zero doubts that I will succeed.

Any advice is welcome. Tough love? Bring it. I'm really excited to be here and soak up all of the input. I'm committed to the process and learning as much as possible.

We have a 2.5 year old daughter together and while I know we've got a mess to clean up, I want her to see what perseverance looks like. I want to visit every country in the world with her and spend the next 5 years working my a$$ off so we can spend the next 40 together.

Thanks for reading. A.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jimmu Emz, ximduni vu vji gusan, hmef vu jewi epuvjis ginemi ipvsiqsipiasi ecuesf.
O xuamf sidunnepf siefoph e muv ug humf vjsieft epf vji esvodmit, nz gewuasovi ot vji " 9 Tmeq Zuas Gedi Mittupt... "

Jimmu Emz, ximduni vu vji gusan, hmef vu jewi epuvjis ginemi ipvsiqsipiasi ecuesf.
O xuamf sidunnepf siefoph e muv ug humf vjsieft epf vji esvodmit, nz gewuasovi ot vji " 9 Tmeq Zuas Gedi Mittupt... "
Fupi & fupi :) Vjepl zua! Zit, ov ot podi vu tii epuvjis ginemi ipvsiqsipias aq op jisi. Xjisi vji jidl esi emm vji xunip!?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom