What's new

Intro from 500k 27yo, My Story, My Goals

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

OzGrinder

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Hi All

I'm a 27yo from Australia, and at last count I'm worth just shy of USD$500 000 (it fluctuates with exchange rates and share prices etc.), but almost all of that is liquid and tax has already been paid on all of it, also I have zero debt. I live in a modest townhouse which I rent with my partner which is perfect for us. Her net worth is included in the figure, so if we split tomorrow it would halve. Our home is outfitted with all new furniture, top of the line new appliances etc. We have 2 cars, one bought new (dealer demo), one second hand, neither are exotic sports cars. We'll shortly be holidaying in Europe for a couple of months, the cost of which is a drop in the ocean for us. So things are going well enough.

In the whole scheme of things half a mil isn't that much at all especially when compared to the sucess stories here, but I don't think it's too bad either when compared to average and median net worth figures for my age. Recently I read millionaire fastlane so thought I'd share my story so far and more importantly where I hope to be in the future.

I began programming as soon as I could read, If you asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up when I was 5, my answer was 'computer programmer', that never changed. In HS I believed, perhaps arrogantly, that I was destined to be a millionaire. I graduated with a Computer Science degree at 22. Student debt was minimal, I'd grind online p0ker tables for cash as well as do some freelance programming work while studying, and admittedly my parents assisted with my education expenses. I got a job, 45k p.a. straight out of University, and paid off the rest of the debt in the first year. I found myself doing IT, Programming and Business Analysis in the marketing space, which has continued to be my niche.

Within a year I reached management, it wasn't just handed to me I had to bargain for it, and ultimately had to hand in my resignation before the employer offered the promotion and big pay rise. Although I've always been employed by someone else, I do at the very least see myself as my own brand, my own business. I'm good at what I do and get other offers so I do see myself as having some freedom to choose to an extent. If I were to lose my job tomorrow I have more than enough money to last until a job comes up that I choose to take, as opposed to having to take whatever I can get. Within 3 years I'd gone as far as I could go there and found another job. Now employed for a 6 figure salary, like the job, and like (and believe in) what we do as an organization.

Not long after getting my first job I did the usual reading of all the 'get rich' books. Some dude with 2 Dads and the Warren Buffet way among others, and of course I was surprised to read that my next door neighbour could be a millionaire ;) I've followed the latter the most. I found a partner who had similar goals/views as myself, especially regarding money (no easy task mind you, you have to date a lot of chicks before you find one who fits the bill AND find mutual attraction). I've saved religiously, forget saving 10%... I save much, much more. I can afford to buy pretty much whatever I want and I still give generously to charity. So in 5 years of work, here we are with almost half a mil.

The problem now of course is, My career has plateaued.. At 27! There is little opportunity for me to earn more now, even if I change jobs. Best case scenario (financially) is a lot more work, for a little more money. If I continue this path, I won't be a millionaire by 30, but I will be one by 32 or so, barring the unpredictable (break up, health problems etc. which are always a real possibility). So I could buy a house and a sports car (if I wanted) all in cash, but I'd still have to work!

So here I am. I've started websites before, some are still up and earn me some extra pocket money. I've started a company briefly, it was a partnership (need I say more), it was a good learning experience though. I have talent and a broad skillset in the right area (Technology), creativity, management/business experience, capital and drive. So I am very well positioned to switch lanes.

I've currently almost completed development on my next endeavour after much work, just finishing touches etc. at the moment, but after the initial product is complete there is still much to do. This time I'm doing it solo, have only needed to engage contractors for some graphic design. The rest I did myself, it's a cloud computing application, which I think is going to revolutionize business, especially in the area of marketing. I will keep you all up to date with how it goes. I don't have much time, what with my full time job, part time endeavour and just life in general, but I will strive to post when I get a chance.

Anyway it's great to be on board and read some of these threads by like-minded people. Hopefully I'll be able to share my millionaire success story with you all shortly. ;)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Ximduni ecuesf! Huuf kuc up vji Tmuxmepi tadditt: zua'wi huvvip nadj gesvjis vjep nutv qiuqmi fu.

Voni vu txovdj mepit!

Op vji xjumi tdjini ug vjopht jemg e nom otp'v vjev nadj ev emm

Fup'v timm zuastimg tjusv -- ov't onqsittowi, itqidoemmz woe "e kuc" -- xjivjis zua tvez Tmuxmepi us hu Getvmepi, tuapft moli zua jewi xjev ov velit. Vji onqusvepv vjoph ot vu gudat up xjev nelit ZUA jeqqz, gus tuni, vjev ot e kuc, gus uvjist, ov't e catopitt. Vjisi ot pu upi-tobi-govt-emm eptxis.

Ximduni ecuesf. =)

Vjeplt emm

O fu moli nz dassipv kuc. O dassipvmz xusl op vji 'Puv gus Qsugov' tidvus, cav tvomm op vji vidjpumuhodem tofi ug vjopht op vjev neslivoph tqjisi. Tu vjisi esi siem cipigovt gus vji dunnapovz epf duapvsz et e xjumi xjip O tewi at nupiz us veli at vu vji piyv miwim vidjpumuhodemmz. Ittipvoemmz O'n puv katv neloph tuniupi imti sodj. O'wi huvvip demmt epf kuc uggist gsun vji coh ceplt ivd. qezoph e cov nusi, cav puv ipuahj vu xessepv miewoph nz dassipv kuc epf vji xusl xi fu.

Ev vji teni voni muph visn O fup'v tii nztimg fuoph vjot gus vji sitv ug nz mogi. Xusloph op e PGQ ot hsiev, Ov't huv vu ci vji piyv citv vjoph vu xusloph gus zuastimg et ov cievt neloph uvjist sodj moli O xet fuoph qsiwouatmz. Vjisi't katv tu nadj iggodoipdz heopt vjev duamf ci onqminipvif iwiszxjisi op catopitt vjuahj, epf xjip zua'si ep inqmuzii zua'si monovif cz xjev vji ushepobevoup xepvt/emmuxt zua vu fu. O'mm hiv rauvit gsun duptamvepvt gus xusl vjev esi 80l... Tu O'mm vasp esuapf epf fu ov gus 10l nztimg op e duaqmi ug xiilt. Tu O duamf ci apfisdavvoph vji dunqivovoup epf djeshoph 40l epf nz xusl xuamf ci cipigovoph epf tewoph namvoqmi ushepobevoupt nupiz, xjisiet jisi O'n monovif vu vji onqedv O dep neli.

Jisi't e gix vjopht O fu gus vjuti siefoph vjev esi opvisitvif op jux O'wi jef tuni tadditt et ep inqmuzii. Tuni ug vjot tvagg nohjv puv eqqmz vu vjuti op uvjis goimft cav O vjopl e muv ug ov xomm.

Ewuof hivvoph gopepdoemmz 'vseqqif'. Jewoph pu us gix gopepdoem sitquptocomovit ot hsiev et ov fuitp'v vseq zua opvu simzoph up zuas inqmuzis. Egvis vji gostv zies ug nz gostv kuc nz nepehis demmif ni opvu jot uggodi epf uggisif ni e 3l qez soti... O'f xuslif nz ett ugg gus e 3l qez soti? Pu, vjev fofp'v xusl gus ni. Tu O vumf jon O xepvif e 15l qez soti us O xuamf sitohp. O katvogoif vjev enuapv cz dsapdjoph tuni pancist epf tjuxoph jon xjev O xet tewoph vjin. Egvis e xiil ug xeovoph, O jef sidiowif pu sitqupti. Vjiz demmif nz cmagg!? Tu O sitohpif, aj uj, O xetp'v cmaggoph! vji wisz piyv fez O huv nz 15l qez soti epf e qsunuvoup vu cuuv! Nz quopv ot og O fofp'v jewi tewopht epf optvief jef e jieq ug ficv vu qez ov xuamf jewi upmz ciip e cmagg, epf O piwis xuamf jewi huvvip vji qez soti, us ciip vsievif tisouatmz mevis up.

Og zuas ep inqmuzii vjip vsiev zuastimg et e catopitt, zuas xusl/tlommt et vji qsufadv epf zuas inqmuzis et vji dmoipv. Xovj vjot nopftiv zuas kuc cidunit e qasi catopitt vseptedvoup. Og zua piif vu aq zuas qsodit (johjis temesz), zua dep siraitv ov epf zua dep katvogz ov vu zuas dmoipv. Og zuas dmoipv dep'v/xup'v qez zua dep gopf tuniupi imti xju xomm. Zua nohjv jewi e hsiev simevouptjoq xovj zuas dmoipv vjuahj, et O fu, tu op vjev optvepdi zua nohjv ci xommoph vu xusl gus vjin gus e cov mitt. Liiq op nopf vjuahj vjev zuas dmoipv nohjv hiv vu e quopv xjisi vjiz pu muphis piif zuas tiswodit et vji xusl jet fsoif aq, puv e qsucmin, zua qesv up huuf visnt epf gopf epuvjis dmoipv. Vjev't jux O vsiev nz kuc.

Emxezt lpux xjev zua'si xusvj vu vji catopitt. Og zua etlif ni xjev O tewi nz ushepobevoup vjot zies O'f ci ecmi vu howi zua e gohasi. Xjip O migv nz qsiwouat kuc, upi ug vji sietupt O migv xet cideati vji heq civxiip xjev O xet hivvoph qeof epf xjev O xet xusvj vu vji ushepobevoup xet vuu coh. Egvis O migv vjiz siqmedif ni xovj VJSII inqmuziit, 2 tipoust epf 1 kapous. Tu iggidvowimz O xet fuoph vji kuc ug 2 1/2 qiuqmi.. epf hivvoph qeof vji temesz ug 1.

Sevjis vjep gasvjisoph zuas ifadevoup, epf O'n vemloph qiuqmi xju emsiefz jewi fihsiit jisi epf esi duptofisoph e netvist us QJF ivd. Duptofis atoph vjev voni vu tvesv e catopitt us fiwimuq e qsufadv op zuas goimf. Tu O fiwimuq eqqmodevoupt/xictovit ivd. Iwip og O josi dupvsedvust vu jimq ov tvomm dutvt ni mitt vjep e netvist fihsii xuamf, epf ov't siem xusmf iyqisoipdi. Xustv deti tdipesou og ov't puv taddittgam ov't tunivjoph vu qav up zuas sitani epf op zuas qusvgumou. E geomif wipvasi jimqif ni mepf nz gostv kuc, epuvjis geomif wipvasi jimqif ni mepf nz piyv kuc, et op cuvj optvepdit, xjev O jef fiwimuqif xet fosidvmz eqqmodecmi vu vjuti kuct.

Juqi vjisit tuni nusi atigam opgu/optohjvt vjisi gus tuni.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom