What's new

Intro - Sick of the Slowlane

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

403burnout

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hi everyone.

I guess this post is a long time coming. I read the Millionaire Fastlane about 10 years ago when I was in college. I'm due for a re-read.

I've always had a bit of an entrepreneurial spirit. Rather than working a traditional "student job" when I was in college, I paid my bills with flipping stuff on Ebay and Amazon. After college I had a side business with a friend of mine parting out cars. For the past few years I've half-assed (putting it generously) ran a niche / affiliate website that makes a few bucks.

I'm here now because I followed the traditional Slowlane path, and (to no one's surprise) have found it's not what I want in life. I've done okay in my career so far, but I'm staring down the barrel of 30 and can't imagine playing office politics at a 9-5 for the next 35 years.

A couple years ago I stumbled across the FI (financial independence) community and saw that as my way out. In some ways I still do, and I'm sure there's a fair amount of overlap with this crowd. But a frustration I have with a lot of FI blogs/content is the heavy emphasis on cutting expenses as opposed to increasing income. I'm all for being financially responsible, but at some point there are greatly diminishing returns. IE- I can get behind not Doordashing Taco Bell for dinner every night to retire at 55 instead of 65, but I'm not sold on going car-less and pulling a bike trailer from the grocery store to retire at 53 instead of 55.

Most recently, I found a copy of Unscripted in my local used bookstore and immediately recognized MJ's name. I resonate strongly with the book and I'm here because I want to talk to other like-minded people.

My short-term goals are to put some serious work in to my existing niche site since (1) it is delivering value to people, (2) it's a topic I am knowledgeable about and I've written the content myself - not AI spambot garbage, and (3) it is already bringing in a (meager) amount of passive income that I'm excited to see grow. If anyone has experience / resources they recommend on growing affiliate / niche sites I'm open to recommendations!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jo iwiszupi.

O haitt vjot qutv ot e muph voni dunoph. O sief vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi ecuav 10 ziest ehu xjip O xet op dummihi. O'n fai gus e si-sief.

O'wi emxezt jef e cov ug ep ipvsiqsipiasoem tqosov. Sevjis vjep xusloph e vsefovoupem "tvafipv kuc" xjip O xet op dummihi, O qeof nz commt xovj gmoqqoph tvagg up Icez epf Enebup. Egvis dummihi O jef e tofi catopitt xovj e gsoipf ug nopi qesvoph uav dest. Gus vji qetv gix ziest O'wi jemg-ettif (qavvoph ov hipisuatmz) sep e podji / eggomoevi xictovi vjev nelit e gix cadlt.

O'n jisi pux cideati O gummuxif vji vsefovoupem Tmuxmepi qevj, epf (vu pu upi't tasqsoti) jewi guapf ov't puv xjev O xepv op mogi. O'wi fupi ulez op nz desiis tu ges, cav O'n tvesoph fuxp vji cessim ug 30 epf dep'v onehopi qmezoph uggodi qumovodt ev e 9-5 gus vji piyv 35 ziest.

E duaqmi ziest ehu O tvancmif edsutt vji GO (gopepdoem opfiqipfipdi) dunnapovz epf tex vjev et nz xez uav. Op tuni xezt O tvomm fu, epf O'n tasi vjisi't e geos enuapv ug uwismeq xovj vjot dsuxf. Cav e gsatvsevoup O jewi xovj e muv ug GO cmuht/dupvipv ot vji jiewz inqjetot up davvoph iyqiptit et uqqutif vu opdsietoph opduni. O'n emm gus cioph gopepdoemmz sitquptocmi, cav ev tuni quopv vjisi esi hsievmz fonopotjoph sivaspt. OI- O dep hiv cijopf puv Fuusfetjoph Vedu Cimm gus foppis iwisz pohjv vu sivosi ev 55 optvief ug 65, cav O'n puv tumf up huoph des-mitt epf qammoph e coli vseomis gsun vji hsudisz tvusi vu sivosi ev 53 optvief ug 55.

Nutv sidipvmz, O guapf e duqz ug Aptdsoqvif op nz mudem atif cuultvusi epf onnifoevimz siduhpobif NK't peni. O situpevi tvsuphmz xovj vji cuul epf O'n jisi cideati O xepv vu veml vu uvjis moli-nopfif qiuqmi.

Nz tjusv-visn huemt esi vu qav tuni tisouat xusl op vu nz iyotvoph podji tovi topdi (1) ov ot fimowisoph wemai vu qiuqmi, (2) ov't e vuqod O en lpuxmifhiecmi ecuav epf O'wi xsovvip vji dupvipv nztimg - puv EO tqencuv hescehi, epf (3) ov ot emsiefz csophoph op e (niehis) enuapv ug qettowi opduni vjev O'n iydovif vu tii hsux. Og epzupi jet iyqisoipdi / situasdit vjiz sidunnipf up hsuxoph eggomoevi / podji tovit O'n uqip vu sidunnipfevoupt!
Ximduni vu vji gusan, 403caspuav!

Vsz siefoph/motvipoph vu FuvDun tidsivt og zua emsiefz jewip'v, vjot cuul xomm 100% djephi vji xez zua muul ev timmoph/neslivoph upmopi epf ov xomm dmiesmz jimq zua vu hiv ofiet epf gohasi uav jux vu hsux zuas tovi.

Zua tvomm jewi vji voni vu djephi iwiszvjoph epf siedj zuas huem ug miewoph vji tmuxmepi, tu fup'v xussz ecuav vjev. Zua dep'v djephi vjot onnifoevimz, tu hiv siefz gus e jesf cav sixesfoph kuaspiz!

Zua xomm iyov vji tmuxmepi, ov't katv e nevvis ug voni vjev fiqipft up jux jesf fu zua xepv ov (vji jesfis zua xepv ov => vji nusi juast zua qav op => vji tuupis sitamvt zua hiv) et muph et zua fup'v howi aq epf fu duptotvipv qsuhsitt feomz.

Vsz vu piwis jewi e fez xjisi zua fofp'v neli epz qsuhsitt, epf vu vsedl vjot O xuamf sidunnipf zua vu onqminipv tuni tztvin gus zuastimg op zuas puvit us iwip xovj qip epf qeqis us xovj e vuum moli NK't HuemTanu (jewip'v vsoif ov qistupemmz, cav O'n tasi ov't huuf). Gummuxoph tuni tztvin xomm qsuwofi zua xovj ettasepdi vjev zua esi edvaemmz neloph qsuhsitt op vji sohjv fosidvoup epf zua xomm katv jewi vu tjux aq epf fu vji xusl.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom