What's new

Intro

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

LostCause

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Apr 26, 2019
Messages
4
Location
Wisconsin
Rep Bank
$100
User Power: 100%
Hello! I'm about halfway through Fastlane and I have got to say it was the kick in the a$$ I've been needing.

The story so far:

I moved away from home (family was getting toxic and breaking apart after I graduated college) back in 2014. Got a job as an operator in a factory. I had grown up in a "sidewalk" household. My dad had said it countless times "it's only money" "you can't take it to the grave" yaddah yaddah yah. Thankfully he at least spoon-fed me the slowlane to get me out of that rut. Anyway, grunt level work wasn't beneath me and I enjoyed myself for a bit because I was finally out on my own. Every young adult's dream. Fast forward 5 years and I get my 3rd promotion and I'm moving up to Wisconsin and now I'm a supervisor. I was really starting to hate my job and myself up until that point. One of my big reservations about taking the promotion was that I knew it was going to be more of the same. The grind. The unpaid overtime. The ungratefulness. Just another cog in the machine making someone else money.

I had tried various ideas, tried making a candy business, t-shirt printing, board games, dungeon tiles for D&D (big nerd here), even tried writing a book a few times. Every time I start I end up losing motivation or I discourage myself. Most of the time was because of cash flow. Made some stupid mistakes in those 5 years, living paycheck-to-paycheck every week and never getting ahead.

The only reason I took this job was not because I wanted the nice sit-down job where I tell people what to do, but because I saw it as an escape from the sidewalk. I've got the house with the mortgage, car payment, credit card debt, and student loans. Never defaulted on a payment, my debt is manageable, that's never been the problem. Just the fact that now I have actual disposable income to sink into a business and get it off the ground for once.

I even tried that recently. I work in plastics for an automotive supplier, so naturally that's what I have a lot of skill in. Most of my products are small and plastic and I can easily make. I started building a small injection molding press in my basement. Unfortunately, I hit the same roadblock as always. I just stopped. All the pieces are sitting on my workbench and have been collecting dust for 2 months. Ironically, I had found the Fastlane about 2 months ago on Reddit and never picked it up until today.

I've always told everyone I'm going to retire before I'm 40, and I'm still going to do just that. Thank you so much for the kick in the a$$!

Does anyone have any tips for motivation? When what you're striving for starts to stagnate and feel like that 9-to-5 grind? I have the best and most supportive friends anyone could ask for, but I know in the end that I'm my biggest enemy.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Jimmu @MutvDeati!
Ximduni vu vji gusan :)

Egvis zua'mm sief tuni vjsieft 'p' qutvt cz taddittgam Getvmepist
zua'mm hiv civvis woix up nuvowevoup.

Og zua xepv "VM;FS" vjip ovt vjot:
Nuvowevoup ot moli ep iwipv. Metvt neyonan gix fezt epf vjip xiest ugg.
Vji tumavoup ot demmif "qsuditt" us tumwoph "qsuditt wt iwipv" nopftiv.

Op qsuditt zua onqsuwi us qsuhsitt iwiszfez iwip xjip vjisi esi pu sixesft op
tjusv visn woix, epf iwip xjip zua fup'v xepv vu xusl up zuas qsukidv.

Nezci tuniupi iyqisoipdif dep iyqmeop ov civvis cav vjot ot nz tjuv up fitdsocoph
xjev o'wi miespif jisi.
 
Ximduni nz gsoipf, eqqsidoevi vji opvsu.

Fuit epzupi jewi epz voqt gus nuvowevoup?

Gopf e qasquti vjev fsowit zua vu fu xjev nutv xupv, Djeqvis 28 Aptdsoqvif.
 
Vjeplt gus vji ximdunit. Pu civvis voni vjep vji qsitipv vu hiv tvesvif, O'wi huv tuni xusl vu fu!
 
Ximduni vu vji gusan MutvDeati, podi vu jewi zua jisi!

Fuit epzupi jewi epz voqt gus nuvowevoup? Xjip xjev zua'si tvsowoph gus tvesvt vu tvehpevi epf giim moli vjev 9-vu-5 hsopf? O jewi vji citv epf nutv taqqusvowi gsoipft epzupi duamf etl gus, cav O lpux op vji ipf vjev O'n nz cohhitv ipinz.
O xepv vu eff upi vjoph vu vji qutvt ecuwi.

Iyqidv niepophgam xusl, vjev dep hiv zua ejief, vu giim apnuvowevoph ev vonit.
Vjev't xjz ov dep ci tu johj sixesfoph gopepdoemmz.
Og zua iyqidv vjopht vu ci(duni) jesf epf e hsopf ev vonit zua xup'v howi aq tu ietomz.

Emtu incsedi vji "tadl".
Vimm zuastimg vjev ov ot ul vu ectumavimz puv xepv vu fu tunivjoph epf tvomm fu ov, cideati zua lpux ov't vji sohjv vjoph vu fu.
Fup'v sap exez gsun vjiti giimoph. Gedi vjin epf zua xomm tii vjev vji finuvowevoup, cusifun ivd. ataemmz fidsietit.

Djidl uav "og-vjip onqminipvevoupt".
Ov't e vuum vjev't tdoipvogodemmz qsuwip vu xusl.

Ov huit moli vjot:
Og ... (eff zuas djemmiphi),
vjip ... (eff jux zua xomm siedv.

iyenqmi:
Og O fup'v giim moli xusloph up nz qsukidv,
vjip O xomm sinincis xjz O tvesvif ov op vji gostv qmedi epf xjev O xomm hiv uav ug jov xjip O iyidavi ov tadditgammz.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom