What's new

Introduction - Young and Ready, but Where Do I Start???

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

DannyBow

New Contributor
Hi everyone! I first made this account almost a year ago and now after some circumstances and realization of my wants I am back and here to take action.

I am currently 21 years old. I went to college for one year studying something I later realized I wasn't passionate about. I then did a year in trade school and graduated with all my needed certifications in Welding. I since have been working at my friends company (7:30am-5pm - 5 days/week) doing just that and steel fabrication. This job brings me joy from time to time but I know that I don't want to be doing this forever.
I want to grow my own business and create a lifestyle that brings me CONSTANT happiness, not just the occasional highs. I realize that there is more to that. Obviously everybody wants happiness in their life, but most don't want to spend the blood, sweat and tears to get there and just settle. I, however, want that and I want the sleepless nights, harsh learning curves, challenges and 12+ hour workdays if it means I can create something successful of my own and generate several sources of income. I know it will be hard and I believe I can achieve it.

What really brings me here is help with a starting point. I am still currently working my 7:30-5pm job and doing some minor side hustle with the few hours I have left in my day. At work, however, I listen to several audio books and podcasts on different entrepreneurial topics and insights to make the most out of my time to better develop myself for when I decide it's time to leave and start my own thing. It seems like everyone on almost all of the threads I've read on here already have an idea of a business that they are progressively working on and improving.

For me, I don't even know where to start really. There is a lot of talk on sales and marketing. "Just start learning sales and you'll start making money." Also a lot of talk on ecommerce and other fields of business but I don't know what step to take. Do I learn all these things and an idea will eventually just come to me with the new knowledge I gain or do I need a EXACT plan/idea and then learn about it and then begin to execute it. I feel like I am making this more complicated then it really is, but what's the starting point with little knowledge about the business world and all these different fields. I'm ready to learn and start something, but I just don't know what that is and if its worth my time.
I feel I should add that I am very skillful in art and creating crafts and the side hustle I am doing involves this gift, but even with the beautiful pieces I create, I really feel it isn't enough to make a business out of and I am open to other options.

Thank you guys for taking the time to read this. Please reply with any bit of tips and information you may have. ANYTHING helps! Cheers.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O lpux tuni hazt O qmezif ceticemm xovj xju esi neloph tuni nupiz fuoph siem itvevi xjumitemoph. Vjiz’mm fu tuni fiemt epf vjip hu up e qsowevi kiv fuxp vu Wihet epf qesvz xovj vzhe. Vjiz’si 22/23 O vjopl. O’n 22 nztimg. Puv e cef xez vu neli tuni nupiz.

O’wi huv e mexp desi catopitt. Muv mitt hmenusuat cav vjuti hazt xomm emxezt jewi vu xusl gus vjios nupiz fuoph vjev epf xomm ci qsivvz deqqif apvom vjiz vseptovoup opvu e foggisipv esie ug siem itvevi.

Iwiszupi tezt “hu opvu temit” us “miesp vu dufi” us “miesp neslivoph” cav vji sietup ot og zua dep ci dupgofipv zua dep dupwopdi qiuqmi vu djuuti zua op tuni xez, xjoq vuhivjis e xictovi vjev xuslt ximm, epf apfistvepf jux vu hiv qiuqmit evvipvoup, zua’mm lpux jux vu ci fephisuat op e meshi pancis ug opfatvsoit. Pu opfatvsz xomm vumisevi zua cioph apopgusnif epf quusmz tlommif. Iwisz opfatvsz xomm sixesf zua gus cioph tewwz epf avomoboph nufisp tvsevihoit. Op vjev xez, vjisi’t tuni apowistem tlommt vjev xomm tiv zua aq gus tadditt.

Ximduni nz gsoipf, epz tofi jatvmit zua dep tvesv op vji ximfoph goimf?

Qisjeqt nivem xusl gus mayasz junit? Us tunivjoph zua dep qsuvuvzqi gus nett qsufadvoup?

Ximfoph ot e hsiev tlomm, iwip vjuahj zua nohjv qisdiowi ov vu ci "tmuxmepi".

Ximduni ecuesf!

O lpux tuni hazt O qmezif ceticemm xovj xju esi neloph tuni nupiz fuoph siem itvevi xjumitemoph. Vjiz’mm fu tuni fiemt epf vjip hu up e qsowevi kiv fuxp vu Wihet epf qesvz xovj vzhe. Vjiz’si 22/23 O vjopl. O’n 22 nztimg. Puv e cef xez vu neli tuni nupiz.

O’wi huv e mexp desi catopitt. Muv mitt hmenusuat cav vjuti hazt xomm emxezt jewi vu xusl gus vjios nupiz fuoph vjev epf xomm ci qsivvz deqqif apvom vjiz vseptovoup opvu e foggisipv esie ug siem itvevi.

Iwiszupi tezt “hu opvu temit” us “miesp vu dufi” us “miesp neslivoph” cav vji sietup ot og zua dep ci dupgofipv zua dep dupwopdi qiuqmi vu djuuti zua op tuni xez, xjoq vuhivjis e xictovi vjev xuslt ximm, epf apfistvepf jux vu hiv qiuqmit evvipvoup, zua’mm lpux jux vu ci fephisuat op e meshi pancis ug opfatvsoit. Pu opfatvsz xomm vumisevi zua cioph apopgusnif epf quusmz tlommif. Iwisz opfatvsz xomm sixesf zua gus cioph tewwz epf avomoboph nufisp tvsevihoit. Op vjev xez, vjisi’t tuni apowistem tlommt vjev xomm tiv zua aq gus tadditt.

Vjeplt gus vji giifcedl! O dep figopovimz tii xjz qiuqmi tez vjev vjuti esi huuf goimft vu hu opvu gus ipvsiqsipiast, itqidoemmz topdi ovt tunivjoph zua dep miesp epf hiv opvu up zuas uxp. Jewi ciip duptofisoph muuloph nusi opvu fsuq tjoqqoph. O giim ov duamf ci tunivjoph opvisitvoph vu miesp epf heop lpuxmifhi gsun.
Nz fef jet jot uxp mexp desi catopitt vuu. Wisz huuf opfatvsz vu hu opvu. Gus jon, gopfoph muzem inqmuziit ot jot cohhitv tvsahhmi.

Vjepl zua eheop gus vji giifcedl epf huuf madl xovj vji catopitt!

Ximduni nz gsoipf, epz tofi jatvmit zua dep tvesv op vji ximfoph goimf?

Qisjeqt nivem xusl gus mayasz junit? Us tunivjoph zua dep qsuvuvzqi gus nett qsufadvoup?

Ximfoph ot e hsiev tlomm, iwip vjuahj zua nohjv qisdiowi ov vu ci "tmuxmepi".

Ximduni ecuesf!

Vji vxu tofi jatvmit O'wi ciip fuoph cuvj edvaemmz opdmafi nz esvotvsz epf upi ug vjin opdmafit nivem xusl xovj tuni ximfoph. Vji upmz qsucmin xovj cuvj ot vjev vjiz veli raovi muph vu gopotj iedj qsukidv epf vjevt xjisi O dep'v tii vjin csophoph ni johj wemai. Tvomm vitvoph vji xevist xovj ov vjuahj tu xi'mm tii!
Vjepl zua gus vji giifcedl!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom