What's new

Introduction

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

karta

New Contributor
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to finally say hi and introduce myself. I've always worked in corporate jobs, have been laid off twice, and am feeling the effects of time slowly passing me by. I've long wanted to break free into financial freedom with some sort of entrepreneurial venture, but my past attempts have all floundered (affiliate sales, Network Marketing, blogs, websites with adwords, ebooks, consulting services, online tutoring/classes, options trading, etc.). Now, at 48 yrs old with very little saved for retirement, and getting the distinct feeling that time is running out, I'm back to the drawing board, gaining more education by reading books, tutorials, blogs, etc.

I've pretty much given up on the dream of truly passive income. After consuming all that content & courses with promises of passive income, and spending so much on courses and seminar's, only to find the reality is much different, I've come to the realization that no matter what you choose to do, it will be hard work. The promise of "work smart, not hard" seems like it was just a marketing gimmick. That was a bitter lesson, as I had trusted those people selling all those seminars/courses.

The focus for me now is to figure out a way to generate a reliable income source that is under my control, with the understanding that it will take ongoing effort and work. I'm not looking for a gajillion dollars, I just want to reach the point where the thought of retirement doesn't make me worried if I will have enough money to buy food or pay for living expenses. Money should not be a source of anxiety or worry. I want to be able to feel secure and safe that I can live my life without worrying about whether I will go broke in the future or have enough for medical expenses or how to feed my family. To have that sense of security that the finances are taken care of, and that I can generate income at will, regardless of what the economy is doing, or which companies are having layoffs, etc. And that I don't have to make shopping decisions based on the price of the item as the highest priority. In short, to have the freedom to live my life reasonably well without money worries. I'm not expecting to go out and buy five Ferrari's or anything like that. But to ensure I have enough to pay the mortgage, buy my groceries, go for vacations, and generally buy what I need to live my life without money being a constraint. And not to have to worry if there are layoffs. I should be able to survive and thrive without being dependent on income from the corporate job.

I'm willing to do the work, I just need to have confidence I'm not being scammed and/or wasting my time on activities that will yield no results. Been there, done that (didn't even get the t-shirt).

Thanks for reading my little rant :)

~ karta

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom