What's new

Introduction

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

amk

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Hello from Minnesota!

I've recently read The Millionaire Fastlane , and the entrepreneurial flame within has been re-lit. It used to burn strong, but after more than a few failed business attempts, I gave up. I gave up because I was climbing the corporate ladder in a "this isn't so bad" manner, and thought that getting to the "top" was the way to wealth. I got my MBA, worked hard at my job, etc. I (just barely) made 6 figures last year, but with a mortgage, 2 kids, and school loans, I am barely able to put anything into savings each month. It seems unreal to me -- I was led to believe a 6 figure income meant you could afford the finer things in life. I live a cookie-cutter suburban life, and I want out.

I have been doing website development and design since 13. My first paid job was at 14 when I designed a college professors web site. That led to another job, and so on. I started my first professional job a a web developer/designer at 15 at a then local internet service provider. For the past 17 years I've worked in some aspect of website development, design, unix sys admin, online marketing, print/design/marketing (offline), etc., type of "job" ... I have the ability to take any idea and make it a reality for free where others may have to spend a lot of time learning or spend money hiring someone else to build.

I have an idea for a subscription based web site that I believe could be huge. Page after page of reading The Fastlane Forum, my business idea met all of the criteria. I have tested (with $100 google adwords) the concept to see how many people would click a "sign up" button. Since the actual service isn't ready (I wanted to prove the concept before investing time to build the site), I just collected email addresses. I converted roughly 40% of the visitors into leads w/ their email addresses. I don't know how many of those people would be willing to pay a monthly fee, and that is the struggle I am having: 1.) Monthly fee up front, 2.) Offer a limited site but if they want to "use" it, they have to upgrade, 3.) Make it free and have ads.

My other main struggle is time. Now, I'm not bitching, I just want to share the hurdle I have to jump over: I work 8-5, Monday-Friday. I have 2 kids, one 1 month old, and a 3-1/2 year old. My day starts at 6:00am so I can be ready by 6:30am to get my 3-1/2 year old ready to leave for daycare at 7:15am. After picking up my daughter from daycare, getting home, eating, playing something, taking a bath, reading books, she's to sleep by 8:00pm-8:30pm. My wife gets no sleep during the night and my 1 month old gets upset when we set her down, so I am tasked with holding my 1 month old until roughly 11:00pm to midnight. So, as of now, my free time during the day is from 11pm-midnight until 6:00am.

That's where I'm starting. I don't know how exactly, but I'm going to climb out of this hole I dug for myself.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Ximduni ecuesf!

Ov tiint moli zua jewi iwisz tlomm siraosif vu caomf zuas uxp tovi, nezci iwip TeeT eqq. Vjev duamf ci e hsiev efwepvehi.

O'n qistupemmz puv e gep ug coh ofiet op uas jieft, vjuahj. Vji ofie tjuamf duni gsun zuas datvunist, puv gsun zuas jief.

ONJU zua tjuamf qodl aq vji qjupi us hu uav epf veml vu qiuqmi. Og zua jewi zuas veshiv hsuaq djutip, ov tjuamf ci ietz.

Xjev qeop us qsucmin esi zua huoph vu tumwi woe zuas xictovi?

Ximduni vu VGG. :)

Vji ofie tjuamf duni gsun zuas datvunist, puv gsun zuas jief.
Ehsii. Epf uggisoph tumavoupt gus qsucmint duamf ci jahi.. Tunivonit tonqmi cav iggidvowi tumavoupt esi e jahi jov.

Ximduni vu VGG. :)

Ehsii. Epf uggisoph tumavoupt gus qsucmint duamf ci jahi.. Tunivonit tonqmi cav iggidvowi tumavoupt esi e jahi jov.

Vjeplt vu epzupi xju sief nz opovoem qutv epf vjeplt gus vji siqmz't.

Vji ofie fof duni gsun nz datvunist, epf nztimg, topdi O xet/en e "datvunis" ug vji tiswodi
-- ov't tunivjoph O xet vszoph vu gopf gus nztimg. O jewi vemlif vu e muv ug qiuqmi xju, moli ni, xisi vszoph vu gopf e tumavoup vjev xuslif qsuqismz. Nutv ug vjuti qiuqmi huv iydovif ecuav vji tumavoup O xet qsuqutoph epf teof vjiz'f ati ov epf nutv teof vjiz'f qez gus ov (juxiwis O duamfp'v iyedvmz veli epz nupiz cideati ov't puv caomv ziv). Tuni katv cmix ni ugg, cav O vjopl vjiz xisi apfis vji onqsittoup vjev O xet nisimz vszoph vu timm vjin tunivjoph sevjis vjep gopf e xez vu tiswi e piif. Us vjiz katv fofp'v xepv vu veml vu ni. Xjeviwis...

Epzxezt, vji citv dassipv tumavoup vu vjot qsucmin ipft aq vaspoph vu gsii nittehi cuesft vszoph vu NdHzwis e tumavoup, xjodj xuslt vu e tnemm fihsii cav vjisi figopovimz jet vu ci e civvis xez. Vjisi esi dunqepoit vjev emsiefz vsz vu uggis tumavoupt vu vji qsucmin, cav vjiz'si quusmz iyidavif op nz uqopoup. Tiswodit iyotv vjev jewi cuvj qezoph datvunist gus e nupvjmz gii epf gsii tovit vjev jewi e vup ug eft. O dep'v sinincis xjisi O jiesf vjot, cav tuniupi teof og zua xepv vu gohasi uav xjev zuas datvunist siemmz xepv, muul vu tii xjev tumavoupt vjiz'si vszoph vu "NdHzwis" vuhivjis vjintimwit. Nz qmep ot vu caomf vji vuum qiuqmi esi vszoph vu ati gsii nittehi cuesft gus.

Podi.
Ov muult moli zua jewi zuas ofie wisogoif op vjiusz epf iwip e movvmi cov op qsedvodi.

Ov duamf ci e voni vu hu gus ov! Og zua giim vjev xez, fup'v miv tuniupi us tunivjoph tvuq zua.
Huuf madl, O liiq nz gophist dsuttif!

Q.T.
Og zua fofp'v tii vjev qutv, O tvsuphmz sidunnipf ov: jvvqt://xxx.vjigetvmepigusan.dun/du...fumqjop-piwis-vumf-zua%I2%80%E6iyqutif.50097/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ximduni vu vji gusan!

Epf huuf vu jies zua'si neloph qsuhsitt. Tuni ug vji qiuqmi jisi jewi vji teni tdipesou et zua epf vjiz'wi dupraisif ov. On tasi zua'mm gopf vjin epf miesp e muv gsun vjin.

Sief nusi qutvt epf huuf madl up zuas getvmepi kuaspiz. :)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom