The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

IS THERE A CHANCE?

Asal Dhakal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Mar 1, 2024
I wanted to discuss about recurring thoughts. How can i be rich in a 3rd world country? How can i escape a 3rd world country? Even after escaping it, I dont think i will be able to stand a business while being in student visa. Now, green cards take upto 10 yrs. So thats 10 years wasted in doing jobs so student visa can go to job visa(that also in special condition). So after all the calculations. I will be 30-40 yrs old when i get green card. After that, i need some money to start a business. So back to 9-5 jobs. So even if i become successful, that will be when i am 60 yrs old. So no fun in that.

Is there a chance for me? Or am i already inslaved in the slowlane?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I wanted to discuss about recurring thoughts. How can i be rich in a 3rd world country? How can i escape a 3rd world country? Even after escaping it, I dont think i will be able to stand a business while being in student visa. Now, green cards take upto 10 yrs. So thats 10 years wasted in doing jobs so student visa can go to job visa(that also in special condition). So after all the calculations. I will be 30-40 yrs old when i get green card. After that, i need some money to start a business. So back to 9-5 jobs. So even if i become successful, that will be when i am 60 yrs old. So no fun in that.

You are thinking too much at the start.

You also need to be creative in solving your problem.

If you follow every rule in the universe then you will stuck where you are.

Research and be creative.

bc0510

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 26, 2023
Cayman Islands

Yeah. Looks like nobody did this before you, it seems impossible to become rich and successful. You are wrong. Move this thought from your brain think positive and then act accordingly. Do you remember when MJ went to an ice cream shop and saw a Lamborgini? He said he would have a Lamborgini one day and he did it.. remember when somebody came to him to take some pictures of his Lamborghini and said he could never have one? Don't think like that person, think like MJ.

All the best. If you dream it, you will achieve it.

A

Anon45x4yB

Get rid of these beliefs.

It’s been more than 10 years since @MJ DeMarco explain that the Market doesn’t care about your ethnicity or your visa, as long as you bring a better product with a better value.

And why is it absolutely necessary for you to grow a us-based company? You don’t believe you can achieve success in a 3rd country?

RETHINK: It’s BECAUSE you live in a poor country is why you need to get financially detached. Beat the system at his own game. Get your freedom first, and THEN, you’ll be able to travel further than USA.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I really wish we still had that gold thread on escaping a 3rd world country...

What's your skillset, OP? What were your past jobs? Education?

Saw you haven't got the 'Read TMF ' label on your profile yet, so I assume you haven't read how MJ stockpiled on cash with an online skill and used it to make another Internet business. Back then the Internet was WAY HARDER to use than now-- but every stage of tech has its own challenges.

You might want to check this place on ideas for online work:

Not all of them are Fastlane of course, but I don't think any business will ever tick the boxes 100%.

May I encourage you that NO job will ever be a waste-- even if it doesn't bring in a green card immediately.

It can be a stepping stone to your next big thing.

Focus on getting small wins first.

Then when you have more savings in the bank, you won't be on 'survival mode'...and you'll be in a better spot to plan further options.

Asal Dhakal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Mar 1, 2024
I really wish we still had that gold thread on escaping a 3rd world country...

What's your skillset, OP? What were your past jobs? Education?

Saw you haven't got the 'Read TMF ' label on your profile yet, so I assume you haven't read how MJ stockpiled on cash with an online skill and used it to make another Internet business. Back then the Internet was WAY HARDER to use than now-- but every stage of tech has its own challenges.

You might want to check this place on ideas for online work:

Not all of them are Fastlane of course, but I don't think any business will ever tick the boxes 100%.

May I encourage you that NO job will ever be a waste-- even if it doesn't bring in a green card immediately.

It can be a stepping stone to your next big thing.

Focus on getting small wins first.

Then when you have more savings in the bank, you won't be on 'survival mode'...and you'll be in a better spot to plan further options.
I have read TMF . Thanks a lot, I will try to use your suggestion!

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jan 17, 2024
If you’re worried about what age you’ll be when you start to work towards growing your business, don’t be. I’m like 40 and I’m not a millionaire yet, but I will be. It’s a goal no matter what age I am, I’m just working towards it right now.

Having a job is good, because then you can learn important skills that will become useful when building a business. You could even go after one that’s in a feild you’ve been working on for a decade, that way you’re expert enough to start a business in it.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
632%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
In my view, starting and building a successful business is often easier in a third-world country. There are numerous opportunities to positively impact people's lives and enhance their quality of life
Nice, tell us your experience in what your successful business was in a first world country, and then your successful business in a third world country.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.