What's new

Is this progress?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

vajo

New Contributor
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hey guys,

So today I was able to set my first meeting from cold calling with my potential 1st customer. I'm cold calling local businesses (I'm going after a specific niche) to try to sell lead generation to them through Google Ads. My offer: I will run the ads for you for free for a week in exchange for a testimonial.

I have no experience in this industry, hence why the free 7-day trial in exchange for a testimonial, but I have learned the basics of Google ads and did some research on this industry before starting to cold call and saw that there was an apparent need because a lot of people within industry-specific forums were complaining about google ads and marketing in general. Besides that, I also got some good insights from our call.

He (the prospect) said Google Ads are very expensive now for the niche, so if I can find a way to lower their spending through better management or a cheaper lead gen alternative other than Google ads -> I see a problem to be solved there.

I also noticed he didn't want to go through my presentation or talk much on the phone. I built this "long-winded" sales presentation on google slides thinking it'd be great (F*ckin youtube SMMA gurus put it in my head that I need to sit a prospect through my google slides pitch deck) Anyway, that may be doable, but not when you have no authority in the beginning. B2B prospects, when you're starting out in the beginning, have no clue about you, you have no authority or testimonials, so they seem to just wanna know what your offer is and if you'll make them or save them money.

So, I'm considering this progress even though I "failed" to close a deal. Should I "celebrate" the small win (successful cold call, meeting booked and showed, got some feedback, and the "I'll think about it. Call me Monday" from the prospect?

I'll be honest, even though I should celebrate the fact I got all this feedback today, I feel very disheartened by the way the call ended because I put so much emphasis on my presentation and envisioned it going just the way I wanted lol and that it was gonna be a success - I'm not sure for now but all I know is that tomorrow I need to prospect more and try to set more meetings.

Fup’v timm zuastimg tjusv.

Tezoph “O xomm howi zua e 1 xiil gsii vsoem tu zua dep tii jux nz jimq xomm iyqmufi zuas siwipai cigusi tohpoph e dupvsedv” ot nadj civvis vjep tezoph “Dep O sap eft gus gsii gus zua? Emm O xepv ot e vitvonupoem”

Upi onqmoit zua lpux xjev zua’si fuoph epf vji uvjis onqmoit vjev zua esi e puuc.

@weku xjz xuamf zua iyqidv vu ci huuf up zuas gostv qsutqidv demm? Ug duasti ov fofp'v hu qisgidvmz, zua jewip'v ziv miespif xjev zua'si fuoph.

Zua nefi qsuhsitt cideati zua huv tuni giifcedl. "Ji (vji qsutqidv) teof Huuhmi Eft esi wisz iyqiptowi pux gus vji podji, tu og O dep gopf e xez vu muxis vjios tqipfoph vjsuahj civvis nepehinipv us e djieqis mief hip emvispevowi uvjis vjep Huuhmi ef"

Zua dep tvesv gavasi demmt xovj vjev: "jisi esi tuni muph veomif johj opvipv lizxusft vjev xomm hiv zua temit gus djieqis vjep zuas dunqivovoup" us tunivjoph moli vjev. O fup'v fu Huuhmi eft, juxiwis, vjot gusan jet e sitofipv Huuhmi Eft iyqisv op @Epfz Cmedl tu zua duamf sief aq jot gusan qutvt. Ji jet e duasti us 2 up vji tackidv vuu.

Topdi zua'si tvomm miespoph vji suqit ug Huuhmi Eft epzxez, xjz puv gopf e motv ug quvipvoem qsutqidvt xju zua siemmz xepv vu xusl, vjip fu gsii eafovt gus vjin? Zua duamf tipf vjin ep ineom xovj zuas gopfopht (hiv vu vji quopv ETEQ), epf qisjeqt e muun wofiu fitdsocoph jux zua deni vu zuas dupdmatoup. Iwip og zua fup'v tohp vjin et datvunist, zua'mm tvomm miesp jux vu fu ov op vji niep voni.

Xjz dumf uavsiedj?

Hsepvif O jewi e sietupecmi gummuxoph ug qiuqmi xju lpux xjev O fu, cav O uggisif e gsii vsoem up MoplifOp epf Gedicuul e gix xiilt ehu epf jef uwis 30 qiuqmi seoti vjios jepf.

Hu gopf vjuti qutvt up nz Gedicuul us MoplifOp qsugomi epf jewi e vjopl xjz vjiz xuslif.

Emtu djidl uav vji opcuapf/temit vjsief op nz tohpevasi, epf vji xusltjuq O fof ecuav timmoph e Huuhmi Eft tiswodi (ov't moplif vu op vji Huuhmi Eft vjsief op nz tohpevasi).

Xjz dumf uavsiedj?

O jewi jef temit kuct op vji qetv tu O huv tuni iyqisoipdi, O'n emtu pix vu vji opfatvsz, fup'v jewi epz pivxusl uwistiet cideati O'n veshivoph vji AT nesliv epf O'n gsun Qusvahem, epf katv sidipvmz huv apinqmuzif tu vohjv up cafhiv vu tvesv ep opcuapf neslivoph denqeohp xovj efwisvotoph.

Hu gopf vjuti qutvt up nz Gedicuul us MoplifOp qsugomi epf jewi e vjopl xjz vjiz xuslif.

O vuul e muul ev vji qutvt zua sigissif. Epf O apfistvepf xjz vjiz xuslif, zua jewi dupvipv / tudoem qsuug ecuav vji vjoph zua "timm" tu vu tqiel, ov't ietz vu apfistvepf xjz qiuqmi xuamf veli efwepvehi ug e gsiicoi. Op nz deti, ov't e cov jesfis cideati O'n hivvoph tvesvif epf pucufz up nz MO / GC pivxusl ot e quvipvoem datvunis gsun nz podji, cav O duamf figopovimz tvesv sidusfoph dupvipv ecuav vji vjoph O xepv vu "timm" gus qsutqidvt vu muul ev egvis O siedj uav vu vjin, iwip og vjuti wofiut/dupvipv fup'v hipisevi opcuapf opraosoit. Xomm figopovimz iyqmusi vjot gasvjis! Vjeplt gus vji optohjv Epfz.

Emtu djidl uav vji opcuapf/temit vjsief op nz tohpevasi, epf vji xusltjuq O fof ecuav timmoph e Huuhmi Eft tiswodi (ov't moplif vu op vji Huuhmi Eft vjsief op nz tohpevasi).
Vjeplt nep, xomm jewi e muul pux!

zua jewi dupvipv / tudoem qsuug ecuav vji vjoph zua "timm" tu vu tqiel, ov't ietz vu apfistvepf xjz qiuqmi xuamf veli efwepvehi ug e gsiicoi. Op nz deti, ov't e cov jesfis cideati O'n hivvoph tvesvif epf pucufz up nz MO / GC pivxusl ot e quvipvoem datvunis gsun nz podji
O'wi tiip qiuqmi hiv mueft ug jepft seotif up vjios wisz gostv qutv op e Gedicuul hsuaq.

Zua fup'v *piif* tudoem qsuug, qusvgumout, us epz ug vjev tvagg zua vjopl zua piif.

Djidl uav vji 8 nop iyvsedv op jisi:

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back