The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is youtube fastlane

Idea threads

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Yeah its still ‘easier’ than 99% of the jobs out there. But it’s still mentally taxing since you have to find video ideas, write scripts etc. Youtuber Ali Abdaal once said he was still editing his writers scripts since all videos are attached to his name. so i don’t know about you, but i am 19 and my mind changes about everything every single day. i am sure i don’t want to create myself a business that is directly about me. i think i like selling without my face. i don’t want to be the youtube guy who posts talking head videos even after a decade.
I totally understand you. The reason why I want to do YouTube is because I really love it when I help people and enjoy sharing life altering information, I am very emotionally intelligent, and, I am very mature. Some examples are Ive helped an old friend out of depression after her boyfriend broke up with her, Ive helped a friend find himself again, (he was acting weird and npc, he told me he wasn’t happy) And I was there myself! I have experience hands-on. I went from 45-55 hours gaming a week to 0, I had a messed up mindset, barely focused in school and now I’m going to the gym, meditating and starting a business. I feel like I can beat other people because they seem so dead while recording.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Going Fastlane is a lifelong journey, it's not just about building a business. Is something you do.

YouTube could be leveraged as a traffic vehicle to services and products that you could create that serves an audience. Instead of looking at teaching something your good at, find topics people find valuable. Know the audience that you are targeting and then produce videos around topics that audience is willing to hear.

James Jani did very well with this by understanding his niche was business/entrepreneurship/personal finance and created videos around it.

Fastlane is an wealth equation, plus using the CENTS framework to build a business that can manipulate math. Eventually you either make a millionaire making income or liquidate by selling the business after its built.

The journey will not be easy at all. It will be very challenging. The premise is to not become so self-focused, but instead become selfless and find a need in the marketplace that you could create.

Something I will say that I am learning and now makes a lot of sense. You cannot ignore the Commandment of Entry. High barriers of entry is where it's at, I've ignored this by easily ordering a product from Alibaba for a PET GPS device. It's a weak pursuit.

It's also about finding value skews or things you can do others to your competitors.

Read all three books in this order:
1. The Millionaire Fastlane .
2. Unscripted
3. The Great Rat Race Escape .

And you will understand what it means to go Fastlane. Also take a chance and actually speak with the veteran members in the space in person or virtually. You'll find out their experience and their point of view. It's not easy, it's a journey.

It's also about constantly stretching your comfort zone, expanding your mind, teaching yourself new skills, and learning discipline and execution.

Their will be failure involved, a lot of rejection. You will have to learn how to callous your mind and keep yourself on task during desperate times when you are in the desert of desertion. It's about asking for help from other veterans when you may need advice on something.

It's about having a strong why, a why that compels you to take action. This why could be about how hard life has knocked you down or past decisions you have made that have caused you to be in a very particular spot that you no longer want to be.

In the end the marketmind is your boss, and what you provide it, they will let you know whether or not it was useful.

Last edited:

Merlox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 11, 2016
Oh man I've recently found how extremely powerful youtube is. You make 1 good video and you get thousands of views from targeted users that have money and are looking for a solution. It's the best traffic you can find and video don't expire. They stay there for decades printing you money.

You can't miss out on it. I've been working on it recently with great results. The key is to create content that ranks on google, yes not youtube, but google. Since they are from the same company google will feature youtube videos as the first results in the search query if you have the right keywords. I've done that and got almost 100k views on a video that I made half a year ago.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
“YouTube” is not fastlane or a well defined strategy.

Media can be.

Control- nope
Entry- nope
Need- maybe
Time- maybe
Scale- yes

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Youtube is no more Fastlane than any social media platform is, or even having your own website is.

By themselves these things are useless, it really comes down to the value/entertainment you can bring and your overall strategy surrounding the use of said platforms.

Like anything it can be.

Just my 2 cents.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

Media can be.

Control- nope
Entry- nope
Need- maybe
Time- maybe
Scale- yes
I feel entry is a maybe, YouTubers don’t blow up by their 3rd video, they could, but very unlikely, it takes a while to start hitting home runs. Almost everyone in this day and age can’t even wait more than a month for something I'll guess.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Going Fastlane is a lifelong journey, it's not just about building a business. Is something you do.

YouTube could be leveraged as a traffic vehicle to services and products that you could create that serves an audience. Instead of looking at teaching something your good at, find topics people find valuable. Know the audience that you are targeting and then produce videos around topics that audience is willing to hear.
Very valid here, I get what you mean. The reason why I want to become a self development YouTuber, is because It’s my niche and people would like some advice on how to get onto it. And Im also really good at talking about “sensitive” topics, Im also a great leader but do listen. It’s a trait I found out about my self. I listen carefully and evaluate where to go.
James Jani did very well with this by understanding his niche was business/entrepreneurship/personal finance and created videos around it.
I find my niche would be something around business and just self improvement.
Fastlane is an wealth equation, plus using the CENTS framework to build a business that can manipulate math. Eventually you either make a millionaire making income or liquidate by selling the business after its built.

The journey will not be easy at all. It will be very challenging. The premise is to not become so self-focused, but instead become selfless and find a need in the marketplace that you could create.
Yes, I understand that. I will have to improve that just a little.
Something I will say that I am learning and now makes a lot of sense. You cannot ignore the Commandment of Entry. High barriers of entry is where it's at, I've ignored this by easily ordering a product from Alibaba for a PET GPS device. It's a weak pursuit.

It's also about finding value skews or things you can do others to your competitors.
You’re right, im my opinion, youtube has a high entry level, for the first while, you need to pump out videos while also not getting much in return, my friend tried youtube, (still going) he’s not doing well, at all. Peak views? 70, how long has he been doing this? 2 years, (he does only have like 12 videos)
Read all three books in this order:
1. The Millionaire Fastlane .
2. Unscripted
3. The Great Rat Race Escape .

And you will understand what it means to go Fastlane. Also take a chance and actually speak with the veteran members in the space in person or virtually. You'll find out their experience and their point of view. It's not easy, it's a journey.
I read it like 1,3,2. And I understand, I’ll try to contact some people.
It's also about constantly stretching your comfort zone, expanding your mind, teaching yourself new skills, and learning discipline and execution.
I feel I can use some work on that, It can come in handy when I try to start a different business after YouTube. It'll give me experience in going outside my comfort zone and how to be a leader.
There will be failure involved, a lot of rejection. You will have to learn how to callous your mind and keep yourself on task during desperate times when you are in the desert of desertion. It's about asking for help from other veterans when you may need advice on something.

It's about having a strong why, a why that compels you to take action. This why could be about how hard life has knocked you down or past decisions you have made that have caused you to be in a very particular spot that you no longer want to be.
I don’t want people to be stuck with how I was, I don’t care if I get knocked down 100 times. I have a burning passion that doesn’t go out easily when it comes to this stuff. I have persevered a lot when it comes to helping people, I feel it’s the number one reason I came to earth.

In the end the marketmind is your boss, and what you provide it, they will let you know whether or not it was useful.
We’ll have to see.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
First off, where do you think that data comes from? Legit 99% of people on youtube quit after a few months/weeks, and that didnt stop other channels from hitting 100m (0.0006 (3/5000!) to 0.001357% using your data) and who said I wanted to hit 1million? Even 10k is nice, lets say people who join my private group is 0.1 (low asf) which is 10 people, even 1% is 100 people. Lets say i do 50 bucks a month, bang 5k a month as a 13 year old.
Why not just make the group right away then ?

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

Doris221649

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 13, 2023
I saw a way to get your business model is what would you do for free for 10 years, I put thought into it and helping people is something Id do, does youtube make sense to do that.
By sharing valuable educational content, tips and knowledge on YouTube, you can help others learn and master new skills.

Kirk84

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jun 9, 2020
Munich, Germany

Media can be.

Control- nope
Entry- nope
Need- maybe
Time- maybe
Scale- yes

Control - somewhat, because you control what kind of content you release as long as you conform YT guidelines and are not being kicked off, which basically counts for all business partnerships
Entry - yes, anybody can release a video and get 10 views, but releasing a video that gets 100k+ views comes down to pure skills, not luck, so yes, there's a very high barrier of entry to be successful on YouTube
Need - yes, depending on the topic there's a very high need for good content
Time - yes, create an evergreen video and get views (read: leads) months and years later
Scale - yes, if you can create great videos

The weakness of YouTube is the control aspect because if you get kicked off the platform, this fast lane is closed. I think there is no perfect CENTS-Fastlane, so even if there are some weaknesses in this model, I decided to go all in a couple of months ago.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.