The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just Another "Should I Go to College?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
I have been out of college only a few years now so I thought I would chime in to maybe shed light on this very common question in a way that I have not read before on this forum.

And the answer is, it depends. But it doesn't depend in the way you think it does, the major is pretty much completely irrelevant when it comes to minutia. In reality you can major in anything, anything that forces you to solve problems on a regular basis. Typically this STEM majors but I'm sure there are plenty of others I'm not aware of.

What most people fail to realize before actually becoming an entrepreneur is the fact that every day is just made up of a bunch of small problems you must solve. Usually there a little different, but they keep coming and keep changing, especially if you are growing quickly.

Dana white once said "your always thinking if I just make it to that point it will start getting easier but it never does, it just keeps getting harder."

Everyone that wishes to be an entrepreneur should do two things if they want to go to college:

1. Get a full ride to a state school
2. Choose a major that forces you to solve different problems for four years, the specific subject is completely irrelevant.

Once you get out of school, you'll be much better off as you are already comfortable dealing with problems day in and day out.

God speed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I don't understand how it gets "harder". I know that to build a company to a certain point will take a lot of work, but once I sell and have $$$$ in the bank, then it won't be hard at all. Life will be easy.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Thread closed. Love ya, but there are too many of these threads. You can repost this in one of the 400,000 other threads here on this subject as your post was insightful. Just not starting another "should I go" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.