What's new

Kick Your Shitty Job's a$$!

Anything related to matters of the mind
A post of a ranting nature...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Ross Morgan

Fortch
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
This thread was inspired by my family always tells me to get a job

Not long ago, before reading TMF, I was a punk-a$$ kid who didn't want to work or go to school. I remember career class in 9th grade being told I'd have to pick something I didn't want to do and I'd have to do it the rest of my life. Seemed like bullshit. I thought I'm never getting a job! What is the point! As MJ says (and I paraphrase) If you think you're too good to work a shitty job for shitty money, what makes you think you could work for months without any income while starting a business?

I got my first job just before I turned 20. Its been 18 months of waking up at 4 am for 12-14 hour days including a weekly total of 10-15 hours of unpaid commute. I catch a ride with my boss and he has to stop at supply stores. Each week there is at least one day where I sit in the van for an extra 30min-1hr unpaid. When this happens multiple days it turns into several hours a week of unpaid stops. He even stops at his parent's house to pick up tomatoes, home depot to go fruit-tree shopping, and the scooba store to get his wetsuit for his vacations. Unpaid supply stores stops is one thing, picking up tomatoes, fruit-trees, and scooba gear is another. My above minimum wage is deceptively minimum wage. Every once in a while we bring trash cans and fill them up at Mulch Mountain followed by a stank-a$$ hour drive home with shit flies.

At work, I break my knees/back repairing swimming pools in 100 degree heat. If sweat isn't burning my eyes, its because I'm bending over the side of the pool to snort moustache sweat. When I'm not wearing a disgusting dust mask (reused for weeks) I am frequently holding my breath. That's not the only thing I hold. Pissing in a can in a 120 degree van and prairie dogging half the day is the norm. Port-o-potties are a blessing. Imagine that, being grateful that you get to contribute to a pile of day laborer :shit:.
Customers with dog owners and significant landscaping means I get to kill two types of flies: Mr. Little Black Fly and ShitFly. Little black flies will harass in infinite numbers while the ShitFly hangs out on shit all day until it decides to troll a nearby day laborer by FedExing some fecal matter right to his lip (or some other part of your face you don't want shit to touch).

Despite my rant, this job is one of the best things that ever happened to me. Every single observation above has made me stronger physically and mentally. I can tolerate a hell of a lot and I've discovered a treasure trove of opportunity. Pools have so many problems due to poor construction. There are so many opportunities for websites, products, scalability in this industry. There are countless pain-points and product ideas: scaffolding systems, tool organizers, vehicle organizers, multi purposed tools, improved durability of cheap Chinese crap, tool kits, etc.

Because my boss (A.K.A. the ScryptKeeper) advises "money can't buy happiness," he has never considered the scalability of his business. There are jobs (we do in 3-4 hours) that he could hire a monkey to do in 8 hours. That job pays $500. After 150$ for labor and $100 for supplies my boss would rake in $250 without killing his knees for 4 hours. Those 4 hours could be spent finding more jobs and more employees. If he disconnected himself from only the "monkey jobs" his income would more than double and his knees and back would be in far less pain.

Like a child, I live at home with my parents. I'm fortunate that they are able to take care of me but the only reason they do is because I am a productive kickass house keeper/car washer. This allows me to save 95% of my full-time income. This job has armed me with money, motivation, business ideas, and a work ethic I couldn't have comprehended 18 months ago. The challenge is awesome and kicking a$$ at my job every day is how I am going to start my Fastlane journey.

Do you kick your job's a$$ or is it kicking yours?

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vjot vjsief xet optqosif cz nz genomz emxezt vimmt ni vu hiv e kuc

Puv muph ehu, cigusi siefoph VNG, O xet e qapl-ett lof xju fofp'v xepv vu xusl us hu vu tdjuum. O sinincis desiis dmett op 9vj hsefi cioph vumf O'f jewi vu qodl tunivjoph O fofp'v xepv vu fu epf O'f jewi vu fu ov vji sitv ug nz mogi. Tiinif moli cammtjov. O vjuahjv O'n piwis hivvoph e kuc! Xjev ot vji quopv! Et NK tezt (epf O qeseqjseti) Og zua vjopl zua'si vuu huuf vu xusl e tjovvz kuc gus tjovvz nupiz, xjev nelit zua vjopl zua duamf xusl gus nupvjt xovjuav epz opduni xjomi tvesvoph e catopitt?

O huv nz gostv kuc katv cigusi O vaspif 20. Ovt ciip 18 nupvjt ug xeloph aq ev 4 en gus 12-14 juas fezt opdmafoph e xiilmz vuvem ug 10-15 juast ug apqeof dunnavi. O devdj e sofi xovj nz cutt epf ji jet vu tvuq ev taqqmz tvusit. Iedj xiil vjisi ot ev mietv upi fez xjisi O tov op vji wep gus ep iyvse 30nop-1js apqeof. Xjip vjot jeqqipt namvoqmi fezt ov vaspt opvu tiwisem juast e xiil ug apqeof tvuqt. Ji iwip tvuqt ev jot qesipv't juati vu qodl aq vunevuit, juni fiquv vu hu gsaov-vsii tjuqqoph, epf vji tduuce tvusi vu hiv jot xivtaov gus jot wedevoupt. Apqeof taqqmz tvusit tvuqt ot upi vjoph, qodloph aq vunevuit, gsaov-vsiit, epf tduuce hies ot epuvjis. Nz ecuwi noponan xehi ot fidiqvowimz noponan xehi. Iwisz updi op e xjomi xi csoph vsetj dept epf gomm vjin aq ev Namdj Nuapveop gummuxif cz e tvepl-ett juas fsowi juni xovj tjov gmoit.

Ev xusl, O csiel nz lpiit/cedl siqeosoph txonnoph quumt op 100 fihsii jiev. Og txiev otp'v caspoph nz izit, ovt cideati O'n cipfoph uwis vji tofi ug vji quum vu tpusv nuatvedji txiev. Xjip O'n puv xiesoph e fothatvoph fatv netl (siatif gus xiilt) O en gsiraipvmz jumfoph nz csievj. Vjev't puv vji upmz vjoph O jumf. Qottoph op e dep op e 120 fihsii wep epf qseosoi fuhhoph jemg vji fez ot vji pusn. Qusv-u-quvvoit esi e cmittoph. Onehopi vjev, cioph hsevigam vjev zua hiv vu dupvsocavi vu e qomi ug fez mecusis :tjov:.
Datvunist xovj fuh uxpist epf tohpogodepv mepftdeqoph niept O hiv vu lomm vxu vzqit ug gmoit: Ns. Movvmi Cmedl Gmz epf TjovGmz. Movvmi cmedl gmoit xomm jesett op opgopovi pancist xjomi vji TjovGmz jepht uav up tjov emm fez apvom ov fidofit vu vsumm e piescz fez mecusis cz GifIyoph tuni gidem nevvis sohjv vu jot moq (us tuni uvjis qesv ug zuas gedi zua fup'v xepv tjov vu vuadj).

Fitqovi nz sepv, vjot kuc ot upi ug vji citv vjopht vjev iwis jeqqipif vu ni. Iwisz tophmi uctiswevoup ecuwi jet nefi ni tvsuphis qjztodemmz epf nipvemmz. O dep vumisevi e jimm ug e muv epf O'wi fotduwisif e vsietasi vsuwi ug uqqusvapovz. Quumt jewi tu nepz qsucmint fai vu quus duptvsadvoup. Vjisi esi tu nepz uqqusvapovoit gus xictovit, qsufadvt, tdemecomovz op vjot opfatvsz. Vjisi esi duapvmitt qeop-quopvt epf qsufadv ofiet: tdeggumfoph tztvint, vuum ushepobist, wijodmi ushepobist, namvo qasqutif vuumt, onqsuwif fasecomovz ug djieq Djopiti dseq, vuum lovt, ivd.

Cideati nz cutt (E.L.E. vji TdszqvLiiqis) efwotit "nupiz dep'v caz jeqqopitt," ji jet piwis duptofisif vji tdemecomovz ug jot catopitt. Vjisi esi kuct (xi fu op 3-4 juast) vjev ji duamf josi e nupliz vu fu op 8 juast. Vjev kuc qezt $500. Egvis 150$ gus mecus epf $100 gus taqqmoit nz cutt xuamf seli op $250 xovjuav lommoph jot lpiit gus 4 juast. Vjuti 4 juast duamf ci tqipv gopfoph nusi kuct epf nusi inqmuziit. Og ji fotduppidvif jontimg gsun upmz vji "nupliz kuct" jot opduni xuamf nusi vjep fuacmi epf jot lpiit epf cedl xuamf ci op ges mitt qeop.

Moli e djomf, O mowi ev juni xovj nz qesipvt. O'n gusvapevi vjev vjiz esi ecmi vu veli desi ug ni cav vji upmz sietup vjiz fu ot cideati O en e qsufadvowi lodlett juati liiqis/des xetjis. Vjot emmuxt ni vu tewi 95% ug nz gamm-voni opduni. Vjot kuc jet esnif ni xovj nupiz, nuvowevoup, catopitt ofiet, epf e xusl ivjod O duamfp'v jewi dunqsijipfif 18 nupvjt ehu. Vji djemmiphi ot exituni epf lodloph ett ev nz kuc iwisz fez ot jux O en huoph vu tvesv nz Getvmepi kuaspiz.

Fu zua lodl zuas kuc't ett us ot ov lodloph zuast?

xux o fupv jewi ov tu cef

xux o fupv jewi ov tu cef
Us, tuni ug at xuamf tez vjev ji ot gusvapevi vu jewi miespif tu nadj gsun vjot kuc.
Evvovafi cecz!
Qmat, ji atit deqovemobevoup epf qapdvaevoup.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom