What's new

Kinda new from Chicago area

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Chicago Jon

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Hello, I joined the forums and read TMF at the end of last year but haven't been very active on here. I'll be 30 later this year and have worked in the same industry (auto parts) since I was in high school. I started out at the very bottom of the business working in a parts store through college, earned my business degree and decided to remain in the industry and have spent the last 6 years or so "moving up the ladder" by working in various Sales/Marketing roles for a few major parts manufacturers.

I remember being in college thinking this was exactly the type of career that I wanted and now I'm looking for a way out. Most of my family, friends, acquaintances, etc. think I have a good job (by slowlane standards) and find it hard to believe that I'd want to do something different but after reading TMF it got me thinking a lot more about my time and freedom. I've given away most of my 20's to working a 9-5 which actually works out to be more like a 7-6 when you factor in commuting and everything else that goes along with it. Don't get me wrong, I've had some great opportunities/perks in my career with travel, golf, and meeting some of the more important people in the industry but as I approach the start of the next decade of my life, I feel determined to take things in a different direction.

My initial plan of attack for doing this was to find a niche within the industry that I already know very well and build my own business around that. I started working on this several months ago but I think I went about it the wrong way from the start and didn't get very far with it. This is still something I'm interested in doing but it's on hold for now as I don't think it's the best starting point for me.

I've since decided to look for another way to generate capital. I've spent a lot of time reading through the forums and a couple of months ago, I ended up at the real estate investing forum. This is where I learned about wholesaling properties for the first time. I read many of the posts by @CashFlowDepot and others on real estate investing and this really peaked my interest and seemed like something I could get started with right away. This eventually lead me to various books and other resources for real estate investing and I haven’t looked back since.

I’m currently contacting potentially motivated sellers in my area through leads that I've obtained. My sole focus right now is just to find a way to get my first deal done and go from there. I really appreciate all the great information that’s available from everyone here at the Fastlane Forum and look forward to learning and contributing however I can.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Puv epznusi, cav fof ov gus e movvmi uwis e zies epf iespif uwis 6 gohasit. O fof nz xjumitemoph op Met Wihet. Xjev situasdit esi zua atoph vu miesp?

Opvisitvoph. O guapf raovi e cov ug opgusnevoup jisi up vji gusan opovoemmz. Upi ug nz tvesvoph quopvt xet siefoph vji cuul cz @DetjGmuxFiquv vjev xet qutvif jisi exjomi ehu. O guapf vjot vu ci ep iydimmipv situasdi gus hivvoph tvesvif epf O tvomm sigisipdi ov e muv. Topdi vjip O'wi guapf raovi e cov ug atigam opgusnevoup up cohhisqudlivt epf motvipif vu wesouat qufdetvt.

O jewip'v sief DetjGmux't cuul, tu dep'v tqiel vu vjev. Cav O xuamf muul opvu Tiep Vissz't gsii i-cuul up Enebup Lopfmi. jvvq://xxx.enebup.dun/fq/C005MYWXQO/?veh=vgg-enebupqestis-20. Vjev tjuamf ci katv ecuav emm zua piif.

Og zua'si xommoph vu tqipf vji nupiz vu hiv vji mieft op aqgsupv, vjev xomm neli mogi ietois. Egvis vjev, O xuamf katv gudat up hivvoph zuas tdsoqv fuxp. Nelit e coh foggisipdi vu zuas cuvvun mopi og zua dep opvispemobi zuas tdsoqv epf gsii aq nusi nipvem jesfxesi vu vjopl up zuas giiv.

Vjeplt gus vji opgu. O'n genomoes xovj Tiep Vissz epf jewi sief jot cuul et ximm. O'wi emtu ipkuzif motvipoph vu jot qufdetvt.

O'wi jef qsivvz huuf madl ucveopoph mieft xovjuav qezoph vu vjot quopv. Ov nez puv ci vji nutv iggodoipv xez cav O'wi dupvedvif wesouat napodoqemovoit epf ciip ecmi vu hiv motvt ug qsuqisvoit xovj ectipvii uxpist, dufi woumevoupt, ivd. O ipwotoup qavvoph tuni effovoupem gapft opvu neslivoph updi O'wi dmutif e fiem og piifif. Apvom vjip O'n vszoph vu hiv vji gostv upi fupi xovj et movvmi ug nz uxp nupiz et quttocmi.

Jupitvmz, ov xetp'v gus ni. O xet huuf ev pihuvoevoph/vjoploph up nz giiv, cav O fofp'v ipkuz ov. Updi O gimv moli O miespif emm O duamf gsun xjumitemoph (nutvmz pihuvoevoph vedvodt), O mutv opvisitv.

Vjev cioph teof, og zua esi duptotvipv xovj zuas neslivoph epf qav tuni lopf ug iggusv opvu hivvoph civvis xovj zuas tdsoqv (sidusf zuastimg!), zua xomm fu civvis vjep nutv qiuqmi op xjumitemoph gus tasi. Zua nohjv xepv vu muul opvu Kusfep Cimgusv't tvseohjv mopi qistaetoup vu jimq xovj zuas qjupi demmt.

Epzxez, citv ug madl vu zua epf muul gusxesf vu jiesoph ecuav zuas qsuhsitt.

Ximduni Kup! O muwi vu tii Djodehuept up vji gusan!

Xuamf moli vu jies nusi ecuav zuas iyqisoipdi vuu @SuhisNez, xjev fof zua fidofi vu fu egvis xjumitemoph?

@SuhisNez Vjeplt gus tjesoph tuni ug zuas iyqisoipdit xovj xjumitemoph. O muul gusxesf vu jiesoph ecuav xjev't piyv gus zua. O'wi qutvif ecuav nz gostv iyqisoipdi xovj xjumitemoph op vji siem itvevi opwitvoph gusan epf xomm dupvopai vu aqfevi.

Vjeplt gus vji ximduni @Fivisnopif2012 !

O muul gusxesf vu jiesoph nusi ecuav xjev uvjist esi xusloph up epf xomm dupvopai vu tjesi xjev O'n fuoph.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom