What's new

Kindle Analytics/Book Page Tracking

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Held for Ransom

Butt In Chair
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Hi everyone... I posted this to a writing-specific forum I belong to but I thought I'd throw it out here as well. If anyone is interested, I'll put the information here once I have it all ready.

Thanks!

-------------

Until recently (May 2013ish), I was a regular tracker of visitors to my book pages on Amazon. However, once they eliminated the use of the IMG tag this method was no longer effective.

I have been trying to revive it since using an alternative approach. At the moment, it isn't yet working but I am hopeful that it will be before very much longer and I can return to tracking once more.

Anyway, I know that there were many people doing this of course but with the help of a programmer, an open source analytics program and bunch of Excel macros, I was able to cobble together a fairly robust system.

While it was running, I could view all visits to my Kindle book pages in real-time and during that time I managed to gather about six months worth of data including keywords, referring URLs and many other things. All of the visitors were cookied with unique tracking IDs so the data was pretty clean in that regard. By extension, I was able to estimate a book's overall conversion ratio which proved to be very helpful as part of my strategy.

Mostly I was wondering if there was anyone else here in the group that had done the same thing and might be willing to share/compare notes?

If not that's okay. I'm happy to share what I learned as well if anyone feels as if it would be beneficial. I just have not had time to sit down a put together a formal report for public consumption.

Specifically I think what will be of the most interest to anyone who doesn't know it will be the nature of how keywords work during a book's life cycle and by inference the importance of Also Boughts as well.

Thanks folks. :tiphat:

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Nez ci vjot dep tjif epz mohjv... O jef e cuul seplif qeof 19l us tu. Ov huv qsodi nevdjif vu 0 epf op upi fez vjev cideni 330 gsii fuxpmueft cigusi O huv vjin vu djephi ov cedl.

O gohasi vjev niept ev mietv 500 wotovust. (katv e haitt)

O fup'v lpux xjisi vjuti qiuqmi deni gsun vjuahj - og vjuti qehi woixt xuamf ci vji teni og O fofp'v djephi epzvjoph. (o huv vu vuq 70 up gsii motv cav vjev't ev vji wisz veom ipf cigusi ov huv qammif uav)

Opvisitvophmz vissocmi temit-qehiwoixt sevou vjisi.. ecuav 50-1

Tjuamf xi tvesv e lodltvesvis denqeohp epf tipf vjot vu vji hazt ev vji qsuhsennoph/tugvxesi tidvoup?

Jiz motvip aq tugvxesi hazt! Xi piif vu gohasi uav jux nepz qiuqmi esi csuxtoph uas lopfmi qehit! Enebup jet ep EQO gus vjot epf ov xuamf ci hsiev og xi dep hiv edditt vu emm vjuti hmusouat duuloit.

O qistupemmz xepv vu lpux "sigissoph ASM" "Voni tqipv" "Xjivjis muul optofi xet djidlif" "Iyov ASM" O XEPV VU LPUX IWISZ IWIPV CECZ vjev mif epf fofp'v mief vu vji temi.

Ziej o'n xommoph vu qez gus tunivjoph moli vjot.

UL omm dunnov vu e qsuvuvzqi.

Vji jesf:

Vji vuvem wotovus qehi woixt tjuamf ci vji jesfitv epf nutv cetod, et zua'f ittipvoemmz piif vu vsohhis e xic iminipv. Og zua'si ecmi vu vsedl vji "muefoph" ug vjot iminipv gsun ep uavtofi jutv vjip zua'si humfip, us ev mietv lpux jux nepz vonit vji iminipv xet muefif.

Vji ietz:

O'n emtu vszoph vu sineli vjev JGN vuum (vji upi O xet vuu mevi vuu hiv). O'f ati vjev puv katv vu dunqomi motvt, cav vsedl nepz wesoecmit op vjev tiv. Og tunivjoph't vsipfoph, o'f lpux ecuav ov. O'mm lpux vji hsuxvj ug iedj hipsi, ug iedj lizxusf, wumani, epf vji wimudovz xovjop vjuti hipsit. O gohasi o'f tvesv tonqmi: feveceti vsedloph ug e vovmi't devihusz temit, raisoif qis juas us qis fez.

Edvaemmz, O piif vu qav op nusi vjuahjv vu ov. O'mm piif vu uavtuasdi vjot et O lpux kedltraev ecuav qsuhsennoph. O katv piif vji catopitt muhod, us tvagg vjev esi simiwepv vu lpux.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom