The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Laptop Upgrade

vijaybangar

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 4, 2024
Hello you very wonderful and intelligent people that make up this forum. I truly hope everything is going well for you and you are happy.

I manage my affiliate blogs from my Laptop and other affiliate marketing projects, such as email marketing. I am finding now that my Laptop is slowing down and i am not able to adequately complete the tasks i used to. I have a HP Laptop 15-da0xxx, Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2701 Mhz operating on Windows 10 Home. Ideally i want to stick with a HP Laptop on Windows 10 Home, but was kindly looking for something with a better processor for speed please? I also want to retain the clickpad on the touchpad as most modern HP laptops have a all in one touchpad, without a separate clicker, which i find hard to operate without buying a separate USB mouse. If anyone kindly had any thoughts on this i would be forever grateful and thankful it would mean the world to me.

Sending you lots of good wishes and i truly hope you continue to have a wonderful life and that you achieve all your business goals. Very best wishes to you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Hello you very wonderful and intelligent people that make up this forum. I truly hope everything is going well for you and you are happy.

I manage my affiliate blogs from my Laptop and other affiliate marketing projects, such as email marketing. I am finding now that my Laptop is slowing down and i am not able to adequately complete the tasks i used to. I have a HP Laptop 15-da0xxx, Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2701 Mhz operating on Windows 10 Home. Ideally i want to stick with a HP Laptop on Windows 10 Home, but was kindly looking for something with a better processor for speed please? I also want to retain the clickpad on the touchpad as most modern HP laptops have a all in one touchpad, without a separate clicker, which i find hard to operate without buying a separate USB mouse. If anyone kindly had any thoughts on this i would be forever grateful and thankful it would mean the world to me.

Sending you lots of good wishes and i truly hope you continue to have a wonderful life and that you achieve all your business goals. Very best wishes to you.
What's your budget?

torizen

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 14, 2024

My background that relates to this problem is working with settings, configuring, hardware and software installation and maintenance on PCs and laptops. Yeah I'm not a fan of no button on those new pads either. I like my mouse and will keep using it until I die. lol.

Windows has a ton of little files that interconnect to each other in order for things to work with it and with other software. The first thing I would look at is to find out how much disk space you have by right clicking on C://Windows and choosing Properties at the bottom of the list. It will show you that information there and then click on the Disk Cleanup button. Can't miss it. Scan down the list to figure out what you can get rid of. You can use ChatGPT to ask what the item means if you don't know. On the right of the list you will see how much disk space you will gain after it is deleted which is what Disk Cleanup does. It permanently deletes whatever is in each of those categories.

Other than disk cleanup I would pick up an external hard disk to plug into your laptop to transfer lots of data files such as videos, images, stuff in documents, etc. Be selective and make sure to setup a good filing system on the new drive. Some people use the cloud but I prefer to have my files with me at home instead. Do whatever is your preference or whatever you can afford but taking off lots of data files will help the disk drive have enough room to process stuff. If you create videos, then the processor, memory, disk space, etc. needs lots of room to do all of that processing.

I can't see how much RAM you have but you can go to Settings/About to find out what is in your system. If your RAM aka memory is say 4GB then you need extra disk space for virtual memory that software will use when that tiny 4GB is full. Just like when the garage is full, you have to search for another place to park. HP sucks when it comes to upgrading the RAM so you would have to take it somewhere to have them do it if you want to do that and can afford it. I don't know if the motherboard in that laptop has the capacity to do it but it might which would also be helpful.

Have fun,
Torizen

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!