The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lead Gen Website-Guests or Hosts First?

Alfiero

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 22, 2019
Calgary Canada
Hello @MJ DeMarco! I'd like to start by thanking you for TMF . It really helped clarify and validate many things and I now can see a clear path to my fast lane. So thank you kindly.

I've been looking into getting into a certain industry for a while, some of the things you said in TMF helped validate my idea. One idea I had was for a lead gen website in this industry, similar to Limos.com, Expedia, etc. Before I get started building the website, I thought I would see what you recommend for a good first step. Should I build the website and start by finding businesses/clients, or would it be best to start by creating content on a social platform or a blog and building an email list first? Maybe there's a first step I'm overlooking entirely? I'll be outsourcing the building of the website as I'm not a coder or designer, so besides the actually building of the website, how did you start to build momentum for Limos?

Sorry if this was answered elsewhere, I've searched the forum high and low and can't find an answer to this specifically. Many thanks again for sharing your knowledge and experience, and thanks for your time!

Alfiero

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I’m actually interested in the answers to this . I started my business by looking for customers first . Which worked well enough .
But now I have to play catch-up with understanding content creation and how to make customers come to you . Become interested in your product . Story telling . Ect.
Which is interestingly more difficult .
My opinion would be master content first because having valuable “evergreen” content will turn more profit in the long run , maybe even years down the line from a really good piece .

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.