What's new

Lessons learned from a turbulent month

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
I've had the most chaotic month of my life. I thought I was headed for a breakdown, but a funny thing happened. As opposed to boring you with all the gory details, I wanted to share a realization with everyone.

I realized I've learned some very important lessons this month. None of these are new or earth shattering to anyone, but its amazing that I have witnessed or been a part of every single one of these first hand in the past month. I thought I'd list them here in case it helps someone else...

1) People don't want you to fix their problems, 99.9% of the time they just want to feel listened to. Resist the urge to jump in and tell the person how you would fix their issue. Just listen. You will be surprised at the results.

2) Things that happen are not positive or negative. The only thing you can control in most situations is your attitude and reaction. Might as well be positive. Negativity is a cancer. (This does not apply to grief - if you lose someone close to you it is okay to mourn. Do not keep it in, you need to grieve and mourn to eventually be able to move on without the loss haunting you down the road).

3) Most people are more than intelligent enough to achieve their dreams. It really, really comes down to a plan and action. But it starts in your mind. You MUST believe you are capable of pulling it off. Without confidence in yourself, you are doomed and will never maintain wealth for long, even if you get it once.

4) To steal one from MJ...Unless you are driving the car, you are a passenger and susceptible to being fired or downsized, NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY YOU MAKE. I've had 5 friends get laid off or downsized in the past 3 months. All made more than $150,000 a year. Not a single one has found another job yet. And we're talking real estate MBAs, lawyers, etc. A scary reminder.

5) Keep the emotion out of investing and negotiating. He/She who will walk away from a deal has all the leverage in the world. (My ring story).

6) Read your goals and affirmations daily. During good times its easy to stay positive and slack on this one. This one alone might be the reason I made it through the past month without being committed. Don't underestimate the power of direction and positive thought.

7) Buy when everyone is selling and sell when everyone is buying. I hope everyone is paying attention right now. Enough said.

8) Even if you don't think you have the time, give yourself 20 minutes a day alone to recharge. That downtime can save your life.

9) Don't text message while driving because you might rear-end someone and cause lots of damage. It is always better to admit your mistakes then to lie.

10) Call your mom a lot. Even if its just for 5 minutes. Parents love their kids voices more than us kids will ever know.

11) 6 months in living expenses in the bank REALLY, REALLY comes in handy when you need it. Never stop re-filling this bucket.

Thanks for being such a great community.

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vjeplt gus qutvoph vjot.:djiist:

Wisz podi .... mittupt puv katv gus e vascamipv nupvj, cav gus e mogivoni. Siq+

Hmef vu jies gsun zua Tof....

Xjev ot piyv gus zua?

++ Qiesmt ug xotfun!

EVX, O'n puv ohpusoph zua epf O topdisimz eqqsidoevi zua liiqoph ni edduapvecmi!

Sohjv pux, vu iyqmeop xjev't huoph up xuamf siraosi ni xsovoph e 50-qehi qeqis. O piif epuvjis xiil us tu epf vjip O xomm siqusv cedl vu vji dunnapovz. Miv't katv tez "nepz vjopht" esi aq op vji eos.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom