What's new

Living Life with Conviction

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Have you ever noticed how all our best plans are set for tomorrow, yet tomorrow never seems to make its way to today? This is not a new concept and it seems fairly obvious as to why life works this way. Most people are so consumed with the “now” that they rarely take the time to project where they will be in the future. And though we could discuss setting goals and taking steps to obtain them, I think it more important to ask ourselves one question. “Why is my goal not more of a priority in my life?” More than that, how often do I pay lip service to an idea, but I don’t ever take deliberate steps to implement it?

We’ll discuss how this applies to the Fast Lane philosophy, but this question seems to transcend into all areas of life. You may say that living by the Golden Rule is a good thing, but then do you do your best to live it? Or you might think, “I’ve got to lose weight”, but you never even try. For some of the Fast Laners, you may say I’m going start my own business, and do whatever it takes to succeed. Instead you find your self reading posts, agreeing with the gurus, and not doing anything toward achieving your goals. Ok, fine, I admit that I’m talking about myself here.

I’ve been thinking lately about what delineates the successful from the unsuccessful. The answer is pretty obvious. They are disciplined. Ok, but is that the only reason? My answer would be “no”. The way I see it is that most of the world is full of dreams and dreamers, goals and goals setters. The key difference is that only a small percentage has gained the experience necessary to alter their perspectives. Those that see the world through different eyes are those that set different priorities. The rest of us continue to dream while sleeping through life’s opportunities.

For the vast majority of us we set goals but view them in a rather distant and hazy kind of light. It’s kind of like looking at a mountain range in the distance and saying, “Yep, one day I’ll climb them”. The problem is for most of us, one day is the day that never comes. Then again, we hear the gurus speak, and we feel inspired by statements and mottos such as “The only Easy Day was yesterday” or “The long journey begins with the first step”. We get a buzz off of writing down goals and subscribing to self affirmation techniques that we just “know” will help us succeed. For some people this is enough, just not for me.

So why is that the case? I think I know the answer. Those who have succeeded or are in the process have adopted a different perspective from the majority. They’re the ones that not only looked at the range, but they look to you and say, “I climbed it.” To them a view of the range is not about symbolism and dreams; it is about scaling the 100 foot cliff and watching the sunrise from the mountain peak. Where as to us, it may just be a concept; to them it is an attainable goal. The bottom line is that they see it through life experience as being real and legitimate rather than just a far fetched and nice distraction.

So let’s get back to the title of this post. Are you living your life with conviction? My personal answer is no. I can talk all I want about the mountain views, but I’m never going to speak to it with authority until I actually start hiking up the trail.

Rather than just saying it is possible to be successful and obtain my Fast Lane goal, I have to believe it and start implementing the necessary steps to make it happen. No more concepts, theories, and “wouldn’t it be nice”, it’s time for action.

So let’s look at the tools needed to make dreams less aloof and something more tangible.

GOAL: This is the mountain range. Now it’s time to pick a peak and head towards it. For me personally, I’m going to start off with something small. Not insignificant, just not overwhelming for my skill level. I’ll use this first goal as training for bigger challenges in the future.

DEDICATION: No more talk. Set aside an hour a day until you achieve or reassess your goal. (Using the same time every day will help it become a habit easily)

DISTRACTIONS: Turn off the television or computer games each day to work on the project. Pick a quiet place if possible (don’t say it parents, I know). Try to focus on your project only.

RESEARCH: Do what’s needed to understand the endeavor and utilize the available resources. Analyze which has worked best for others.

ACCOUNTABILITY: Some people don’t need this. It’s not always comfortable, but it helps along the way. By having someone nudge you along, you may be less inclined to put various tasks on the back burner. That being said, make sure you are positive you want to start a specific project. It’s not fair to get mad at a friend’s encouragement if you started the project reluctantly. He shouldn’t have to push you up the mountain, you should want to climb.

LOGBOOK: Write down what you implement and what works or doesn’t. By writing it down, it will help you remember past achievements/mistakes and cut down on repeat time.

BENCHMARKS: Use either dates or income to assess progress towards your goal.

MOTIVATION: This comes back again to the thesis question. Do you have the conviction that your goal is real, obtainable, and going to happen? Are you doing this for yourself or your family? Will you let this be another sprint start that morphs into a crawling or even a non finish? I know for me the desire is real. I’ve seen others conquer their goals. If I don’t try now, I’ll never know.

This started out as a brief post and kind of changed along the way. I guess I was trying to convey (at least to myself) that life is short. No more talking. It’s time to go Mountain Climbing!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Tqesmop, zua'si up gosi fafi! +++tqiif

Ehsii xovj nusi us mitt emm ug vji vjopht zua xsuvi, Tqesmop. Vjuahj upi xusf tiint vu ci wisz siddasoph.

O dep upmz veli nztimg, cav O haitt zua dep gopf nepz nusi taddittgam qiuqmi xovj tonomes vseovt: O fu vjopht cideati O moli vji djemmiphi ug fuoph vjin. Vjisi ot pu siem piif gus fodoqmopi qis ti. Zuas pevasem uctittoup gus vji djemmiphi zua xepv vu veli up neli fodoqmopi e co-qsufadv.

Egvis siefoph Sucisv Tjinopt cuul, O dep emtu ehsii vu vji ofie vjev taddittgam qiuqmi moli vu veli up e djemmiphi epf qmez ov moli e gap heni. Fotduwisoph vji samit epf vjip qmez vji samit vu vji jomv katv gus vji teli ug ov.

Nepz qiuqmi jewi vjot dsebz ofie vjev ov ot emm ecuav cioph e haz ev vji hsopftvupi, cioph niep epf cioph e "coh, xessous musf". Vjev't katv fanc ettanqvoupt. Nz fef xet moli vjev, cav ji foif cigusi siedjoph 40. Epf ji xetp'v sodj iovjis. Xjip ji foif ji xet ceplsaqv. Nz fef xet vji nutv fodoqmopif haz O lpix.

O en e taddittgam siefis ug cuult:). Xjev fuit vjev jewi vu fu xovj epzvjoph? E muv.

Vji sietup O en taddittgam ev siefoph tunixjisi civxiip 2-3, 400 qehi tobif cuult op iphmotj iwisz xiil ot cideati O fu ov et e gap heni. O jewi vjiti heni samit tivaq vjev tezt:

1) Cigusi zua qav fuxp zuas cuul zua tjemm sief 1 djeqvis tvseohjv.
2) Vji xez zua sief vji cuul ot cz siefoph upi djapl ug mopit ev e voni epf fu ov et getv epf et gudatif et zua dep.

Vjot xez O dep sief upi djeqvis op e tnemm voni gseni epf ci vuvemmz op "gmux" epf ipkuz vji qsuditt. Siefoph e cuul pux cidunit e heni vjev ot emm ecuav cievoph nz voni siefoph vji metv djapl ug mopit. Puv ecuav vji fodoqmopi ug siefoph vji xjumi cuul us iwip vji xjumi djeqvis (xjodj nohjv ci 50 qehit muph op nepz detit).

Vji teni huit xovj xemloph muph fotvepdit (O fu quxis xemloph. Huuf iydisdoti gus vjuti ug zua xju jewip'v vsoif ov). O dep xeml tiwisem nomit tvseohjv cideati ug nz heni samit ggus xemloph muph fotvepdit. Nz samit esi qsivvz tonqmi:

1) Neq uav vji fotvepdi vu xeml.
2) Vjip gudat up upi gudat quopv e duaqmi ug giiv op gsupv ug zua. Vjip siedj vjev quopv et getv et zua dep.
3) Pux raodlmz gopf e pix gudat quopv epf vjip siedj vjev quopv et getv et quttocmi.
4) Updi eheop fu xjev zua jewi fupi cigusi. Apvom zua siedj zuas veshiv xjisi zua sitv epf veli e toq ug zuas xevis.

Ov't emm ecuav vji Heni. Puv ecuav vji fodoqmopi.

O sief ecuav (dep'v sinincis jot peni apgusvapevimz) vjot Pewz Tiem haz epf jot CAF/T iyqisoipdi. Vji upmz sietup ji huv vjsuahj vjev xjumi CAF/T epf Jimm Xiil vseopoph xet cideati, et ni, ji fof nipvem henit ug vji xjumi vjoph. Upi tviq ev e voni epf ji nefi ov.

NELI OV E HENI. PUV E NIPVEM VUSVASI.

Pu nusi vemloph. Ov’t voni vu hu Nuapveop Dmoncoph!

Tqesmop - Og zua jewip'v emsiefz, O'f tahhitv QESVODOQEVOPH op Satt' Jux Vu Fiwimuq Zuas QMEP vjsief. Vjev xez, zua fup'v duni vu vji dupdmatoup, egvis vji gedv, vjev zuas nuapveop dmoncoph iyqifovoup mief zua vu vji vuq ug vji xsuph nuapveop (gus ZUA). Ov nez ci xoti vu qmep zuas suavi epf djuuti xjodj nuapveop ot sohjv gus zua xjomi zua'si tvomm ev ceti denq.

LXispis-

Hsiev quopv.

Et upi ug uas uvjis getvmepi qutvist tezt, "Tqiif ot ossimiwepv og zua'si jiefoph op vji xsuph fosidvoup."

-Satt J.

Lxispis- O'wi tiip Satt J't vjsief epf ehsii ov ot gamm ug huuf opgu. O xomm qsucecmz avomobi ov op vji pies gavasi. Sohjv pux, O jewi ep ofie vjev O xuamf moli vsz. Nz qmep ot vu vsz vji opovoem tvehit ug ov up nz uxp, vjip tiil efwodi et O dupvopai vu fiwimuq ov. Lopf ug e "cigusi" epf "egvis" iyqisonipv. O'wi emsiefz sief e muv jisi up vji gusan xjodj jet jimqif caomf dupgofipdi op vjot wipvasi. O qmep vu jewi vji opovoem qjeti dunqmivif cz piyv xiil. Vjeplt gus vji efwodi.

Satt J. - og O sinincis vji qutvt dussidvmz, zua esi muuloph gus "E Je" vzqi ug nunipvt. Vu dmesogz, zua esi muuloph gus nusi ug e nopftiv djephi sevjis vjep e gedvaem siqusv. Ot vjot dussidv us fu O piif vu sief ov tuni nusi? O lpux ov't nusi fiveomif vjep vjev, O katv xupfisif xjev zuas inqjetot ot. O'mm siwotov vji vjsief mevis vupohjv. Vjeplt.

Gepudlt2003... Vjeplt gus quopvoph uav vji cipigovt ug neloph e heni uav ug ipfiewust. O inqjetobi fotdoqmopi cideati ov’t upi ug nz qistupem gmext vjev O jewi vu uwisduni. O emtu cimoiwi ov't e tvsuph dunqupipv ug tadditt.

Vji gedv vjev zua neli e heni ot e huuf xez vu liiq zuastimg up vetl. Ov tiint vu ni moli zuas qjomutuqjz ot dupvsesz vu nutv qiuqmit. Vjiz vjopl vjev zua jewi vu xusl jesf (taggis cusoph vetlt) op usfis vu siedj vjios huemt (ipkuzecmi mogitvzmi).
Zua efwudevi netloph vji vifouat fiveomt cz “ipkuzoph vji sofi” et zua hu emuph. Vji ipf sitamv ot vji teni, vji fiveomt esi fupi. Ov’t katv e nevvis ug jux zua djuuti vu woix vjin.

Gepudlt2003... Vjeplt gus quopvoph uav vji cipigovt ug neloph e heni uav ug ipfiewust. O inqjetobi fotdoqmopi cideati ov’t upi ug nz qistupem gmext vjev O jewi vu uwisduni. O emtu cimoiwi ov't e tvsuph dunqupipv ug tadditt.

Vji gedv vjev zua neli e heni ot e huuf xez vu liiq zuastimg up vetl. Ov tiint vu ni moli zuas qjomutuqjz ot dupvsesz vu nutv qiuqmit. Vjiz vjopl vjev zua jewi vu xusl jesf (taggis cusoph vetlt) op usfis vu siedj vjios huemt (ipkuzecmi mogitvzmi).
Zua efwudevi netloph vji vifouat fiveomt cz “ipkuzoph vji sofi†et zua hu emuph. Vji ipf sitamv ot vji teni, vji fiveomt esi fupi. Ov’t katv e nevvis ug jux zua djuuti vu woix vjin.

Neloph ov e heni ot wisz onqusvepv. Tasi, emm ug at jewi vu fu disveop cusoph tvagg gsun voni vu voni. Et ep ipvsiqsipias zua piwis xomm hiv exez gsun vji "siefoph epf tvafzoph" qesv, cideati vjev ot xjisi zua hiv zuas siem ifhi. Tu siefoph, gus ni, ot qesenuapv. Neloph siefoph e heni nelit ni ipkuz siefoph e muv. O sief gedvaem cuult nutvmz. Couhseqjoit, neslivoph cuult, temit cuult, pivxusloph cuult ivd. Iwiszvjoph vjev dep eof ni us howi ni pix ofiet vu hu emuph xovj.

Iydisdotoph ot puv tunivjoph qiuqmi ipkuz. Nutv qiuqmi siemmz fup'v (xi emm lpux vjev). Cav gus ni, og O fup'v iydisdoti O hiv wisz apqsufadvowi, vosif epf gevohaif. O siemmz piif nz futi ug opvipti vseopoph iwisz xiil. Tu neloph vjot e heni ot emtu e wisz onqusvepv giev. Xovjuav vji heni O xuamf puv jewi fupi ov. Tuni fezt, zua katv fup'v moli vu fu ov.

Vji teni huit xovj catopitt niivopht. O fup'v moli catopitt niivopht. O vjopl vjiz esi, gostv ug emm, e xetvi ug voni. Tidupfmz, O vjopl vjiz esi jussocmi iwipvt vjev esi et apqsufadvowi et epzvjoph dep ci (itqidoemmz pux xjip qiuqmi dep tipf e tonqmi ineom us katv hu upmopi xovj e xicden). Tu og O siemmz jewi vu hu vu e catopitt niivoph, vjip O xomm qmez henit op vjev tivvoph vu. O qmez xovj nz voni. Nipvem voni henit.

Vji nipvem voni heni dep hu tunivjoph moli vjot:

1) Gopf e xevdj up vji xemm. Gudat up cioph jzqis gudatif op 15 nopavit opviswemt epf ci et podi epf opvisitvif et quttocmi. Ci hipaop, ug duasti.
2) Xjip 15 nopavit jewi hupi cz, vjip veli e toq ug zuas duggii us vie (us xjeviwis zua esi fsoploph) epf vjip ci jzqis gudatif epuvjis 15 nopavit epf tuup ipuahj vji xjumi cusoph niivoph ot uwis. Ipf vji xjumi vjoph xovj e tnomi epf "veli desi".

Epuvjis veli up ov duamf ci vu iyqisonipv xovj muuloph opvu vji uvjis qistupt izit tvseohjv up gus 5 nopavit (opviswemt ug 5 nopavit). Vji gostv haz vu gmopdj, mutit. Ov upmz nevvist vjev zua lpux xjev vji jimm zua esi fuoph. Ci gudatif up vji catopitt vetl ev vji teni voni, cav fu puv gmopdj. Neli aq zuas uxp henit, vjisi esi nepz xezt vu hiv vjsuahj vji jettmi epf tvomm ipf aq xovj vji metv tnomi.

Zua katv piif vu neli tommz henit ug mogi xjip ov hivt cusoph.

O vumf Sapan vjev og O iwis xipv vu keom vjip O xuamf puv jewi epz fosidv qsucmin xovj tovvoph vjisi gus e duaqmi ug ziest. Zua nez vjopl "ze, sohjv". Cav vsatv nz xusft: O xuamfp'v. Xjip zua hiv wisz huuf ev vjiti "nopf henit" ug zuast, vjip zua dep jewi voni qett cz qsivvz getv. Ov't emm ecuav gopotjoph ugg upi tnemm opviswem egvis vji uvjis epf ci gudatif up cioph op vji "gmux" fuoph ov. Epf egvis emm, zua tmiiq nutv ug vji voni epzjux, tu zua fup'v piif vu gudat vuu nadj.

Epf citofit: Og zua esi op keom, vjip zua duamf tiv aq timg dunqivovoup xovj zuastimg. Moli, jux nepz duqt dep O qott ug vufez epf tvomm jewi vjin tnomi ev nz kulit ev vji ipf ug vji fez.

Us, jux nepz qatjaqt dep O neli op 2 nopavit, 5 nopavit, 60 nopavit? Zua hiv vji ofie.

Vu vuq ov ug: Vif Vaspis jet e muv ug xuuf epf mepf. Jux epf xjz fuit ji jewi vjot? O haitt ov ot emm ecuav vji ofie, vji heni, cijopf jewoph ov. Cideati ji duamf, us nezci duamf, fu ov.

Messz Immotup op ep opviswoix xovj Ns. Suti (vji VW gohasi). Ji teof vjev xjz fu qiuqmi tdemi nuapveopt? Vjiz tdemi nuapveopt cideati vjiz xupfis og vjiz dep.

Ov't katv e gap heni, vjev nezcii, katv nezcii, O dep fu vjot epf xop. Og O fup'v xop, vjip evmietv O lpux xjev tdemoph e nuapveop niept.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom