What's new

Living the fastlane college life, but the slowlane is coming closer.. HELP!

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Oak1

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hello everyone,

I'm a 22 year old guy from the Netherlands and I'm still in college (Entrepreneurship study, 1.5 year to go). A couple weeks ago I read the FLM and I was shocked. The book confirmed everything I said to my friends and family since I was young.

- I don't want to work for a boss.
- I don't want to trade my time for money.
- Time is worth more than money.

Ever since I was 15 I knew I wanted to be my own boss. Since then I have managed to earn the same amount of money with fastlane projects, as my friends do with a supermarket job for example. I'm not talking about big $$$, but enough to have all the time in the world to do things I love :).

With fastlane products I mean Internet Marketing, like affiliate marketing, and importing things like caps.

Now, since a couple of months I've got a job at an Internet Marketing company for 1 day a week, that allows me to pay all the bills and still have money left at the end of the month. Although you could define this job as slowlane, I don't hate it because I have some nice colleagues and the work isn't that bad either. Remember, this is only 1 day a week so the other 6 days I'm still living fastlane ;).

Now, the problem:

Although I'm living the fastlane right now, this will be over in 1.5 year. I will have my degree by then and if I don't have any business up and running, I must get a slowlane job (which I hate). At that point I will lose a part of my income because I won't be in college anymore. In the Netherlands the government gives students money on a monthly basis to take care of themselves. I won't get this money anymore.

Long story short, the next 1.5 years I need to start a fastlane business to keep the fastlane lifestyle. One of the biggest problems I face, is that I have goals, but there isn't any clear way to get to those goals.

With fitness for example, it's really easy; eat healthy, workout and you will get a beachbody. This was one of my goals when I started living on my own. I totally nailed it and I'm pretty happy with my body right now :). Starting a business is different. There isn't some blueprint that guarantees a fastlane business as a reward.

Now, I hear you thinking: "Why doesn't this guy expands his fastlane projects to start a real business?"

The problem is, these aren't any long-term business models. I started these projects to earn a quick $ to pursue my fastlane life.

Now, why did I create this thread?

I would like to get some advice and meet people who have been in the same position and are living the fastlane lifestyle right now.

Also, maybe there's someone who recognizes himself in me and would like to get in contact to help me :).

I also created his thread to keep track of my progress, so people can learn from it.

Thanks a lot :)!

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom