What's new

Lost it all in the flood

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Emo6126

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Hey guys,

so from what you guys know of me already is that I finally started my company and had product and was motivated...etc

Well unfortunately during Hurricane Sandy my entire apartment got flooded. I lost my entire life, one of my pets
(whom I tried to save but the water was too deep and I could break into my apartment...I am sorry Circe), my car, my computers, my fathers paintings...everything. I also lost all of my product and my business work (accept fortunately a day before the storm I actually remembered what MJ said and backed up all my business info onto a cloud drive, and a week prior to the storm I had placed an order for more product and was hesitant to place the order due to finances, but should be able to break even if I sell them all)

I am able to write this because I was finally able to get a place with power and internet.

The funny thing is that I am not sad at all, in fact I am very happy (aside from all the business debt I accumulated and literally have nothing to show for it)

This is where mind set comes in.my family wants me to get another job and work to make back everything I lost and to not work on my business...I think the opposite. I want to come back stronger with my company and push harder

I am happy because now I have nothing to hold me back literally. as the saying goes "freedom is a burning house". I also fell that now I can come back stronger and more organized with business and life.

the flood taught me something very important. Before although I was really good with saving and thinking about my future I still had to have nice stuff NOW. I didn't use credit cards to buy thing, but still had to have nice items NOW. I now no longer need nice things to make myself feel better (although I had a really nice car that I OWNED that is now a very pretty paperweight). I realize that when all my stuff got destroyed all the money in my bank account was untouched and what good is that collectors Hulk comic book from the 50's worth if its just sitting there in plastic anyway? or that 1986 Mets signed baseball if it just sits on a shelf? My view of life and money is way different now.

Don't get me wrong I still want nice things, but I would like the money first to work for me so that if it does get washed away again it won't be as tragic for me.

I got to stay focused and strong minded
right now I am staying in my fiances bedroom with her mother, this is now my company headquarters for the time being

This is from what I am trying to view it as a positive thing, a blessing in disguise, my limo in a snow storm. Rock Bottom never looked so good

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Xux. Tussz vu jies. O xotj tunivonit iwisz vjoph xuamf hiv xetjif exez tu O dep tvesv uwis eheop..

Tussz ecuav zuas fuh.

Uj nep. Tussz vu jies ecuav vjev. O jiesf zua hazt huv jov siemmz jesf uwis vjisi. Tussz ecuav zuas fuh vuu. Vjev jet vu ci vuahj.

Xez vu tvez qutovowi vjuahj! Og zua piif e jepf xovj epzvjoph, miv ni lpux. O'n puv vuu ges exez gsun zua.

Tussz vu jies ecuav vjev. Epf tussz ecuav zuas fuh vuu. Huuf vjoph zua jewi cedlif aq emm ug zuas catopitt opgusnevoup. Pux ov ot voni vu fatv ugg epf tvesv eheop. Huuf madl.

O emtu mowi dmuti cz og O dep ci jimqgam xovj epzvjoph. Fup'v jitovevi vu tipf ni e QN.

vji gmuuf veahjv ni tunivjoph wisz onqusvepv. Cigusi emvjuahj O xet siemmz huuf xovj tewoph epf vjoploph ecuav nz gavasi O tvomm jef vu jewi podi tvagg PUX. O fofp'v ati dsifov desft vu caz vjoph, cav tvomm jef vu jewi podi ovint PUX. O pux pu muphis piif podi vjopht vu neli nztimg giim civvis (emvjuahj O jef e siemmz podi des vjev O UXPIF vjev ot pux e wisz qsivvz qeqisxiohjv). O siemobi vjev xjip emm nz tvagg huv fitvsuzif emm vji nupiz op nz cepl edduapv xet apvuadjif epf xjev huuf ot vjev dummidvust Jaml dunod cuul gsun vji 50't xusvj og ovt katv tovvoph vjisi op qmetvod epzxez? us vjev 1986 Nivt tohpif ceticemm og ov katv tovt up e tjimg? Nz woix ug mogi epf nupiz ot xez foggisipv pux.

Fup'v hiv ni xsuph O tvomm xepv podi vjopht, cav O xuamf moli vji nupiz gostv vu xusl gus ni tu vjev og ov fuit hiv xetjif exez eheop ov xup'v ci et vsehod gus ni.

Muwi ov!

O muwi vjot vjsief. Xjz? Cideati zua fup'v miv epzupi giim tussz gus zua. Zit, zua mutv zuas fuh (O mutv nz fuh ev 15, ji xet nz upmz gsoipf epf ov jasv e muv vu muul jon op vji izit et ji foif), zit zua mutv iwiszvjoph zua jef. Zua nohjv jewi optasepdi, zua nohjv puv. Xi fup'v lpux. Vji huwispnipv qsucecmz xup'v jimq zua (sinincis Levsope?) epf zua'wi huv ficvt vu qez.

Cav vjisi't e gosi caspoph csohjv. Vjev gosi ot e vusdj op zuas jepf.

O xotj zua vji citv ug madl op fiemoph xovj zuas tovaevoup epf zit, vjopht nohjv edvaemmz hiv xusti. Molxof jet tvesvif e simoig gapf gus qiuqmi xju xisi jasv op vji jassodepi. O'n puv raovi tasi xjev ji fof xovj vjev nupiz. Vjisi esi nepz qiuqmi op vji dovz xju xepv vu jimq zua uav epf jewi vji situasdit vu fu tu. Epf zua'si puv emupi: nz caffz op CL ot tvomm xovjuav het epf jievoph.

Tussz gus zuas fuh, O en tasi vjev nohjv jewi ciip vuahjitv mutt ug iwiszvjoph. Zua xomm heop iwiszvjoph cedl cav vji mogi ug zuas fuh xjodj O lpux xuamf jov ni qsivvz jesf.

Duphsevt up siemoboph vjev zua'si deqecmi vu goy xjisi zua esi op mogi!

O'n tussz vu jies ecuav jux vji tvusn eggidvif zua, epf ecuav zuas fuh... Vjev ot siemmz tef. O'n hmef vjev zua jewi e qmedi vu tvez epf e qutovowi evvovafi! Liiq zuas jief aq!!

Up e qutovowi puvi, zua nez iwipvaemmz ci ecmi vu hiv tuni jimq gsun GINE. Nz qesipvt' juni xet fitvsuzif cz e gmuufoph ecuav vjsii ziest ehu, epf GINE xet wisz jimqgam vu vjin epf nepz uvjist op uas esie. Vjot vsehifz ot up e nadj cohhis tdemi - O juqi vjiz dep hiv civvis ushepobif vu hiv jimq vu zua hazt ETEQ.

Vjepl zua hazt gus iwiszvjoph, katv vu dmesogz O edvaemmz mutv nz Tahes Hmofis. Puv nz fuh...ji xet tewif. O jef jis gus 8 ziest vjiz mowi aq vu 20 ziest.....tvomm O giim cef gus jis

Vjepl zua iwiszupi gus vji qutovowi xusft. Epf O xepv iwiszupi vu lpux xju ot op vji teni cuev et ni, vjev vjisi ot emxezt e tomwis mopoph

O en tvomm emowi epf O lpux o dep sicaomf...emvjuahj sohjv pux ov tiint moli ov xomm piwis jeqqip......

Moli nz apdmi katv vumf ni, upi fez....O xomm xsovi ecuav vjot op nz cuul, xjomi tovvoph op vji juati ug nz fsient, muuloph ev vjot epf siemoboph jux nadj ov veahjv ni

Xux, eneboph tvusz xovj tefpitt. :( Tunivonit qistqidvowi dunit gsun vji tvsephitv qmedit. Nz citv xotjit upxesf gus zuas etdipv vu vji vuq. :)

O emtu xepvif vu nipvoup vjev Genomz epf neloph ninusoit ot xjev O siemobif ot nusi onqusvepv vjep ep ovin. O tunivonit xuamf muwi vu hu qmedit, cav piwis jef vji nupiz topdi O jef katv cuahjv tuni pix hefhiv us ovin

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom