What's new

Majoring In Software Engineering And Building Business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Blitz

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Mar 25, 2016
Messages
12
Location
Denver, CO
Rep Bank
$230
User Power: 325%
Writing helps me clarify my thoughts and move forward so this thread will be a place i work through problems. I read TMF when I was 14 so I was incredibly lucky to have that mindset shift at a young age as well as have a family that is very entrepreneurial.

About to leave for freshman year of college and so this thread should help keep me accountable as I go into an environment that supports convergent thought. I watched my parents work their asses off for my entire life so me and my brothers can go to college without having to worry about debt. Working long hours and being away from home alot. Honoring their sacrifice is very meaningful to me.

Software Engineering should help me develop more discipline and work ethic. Especially since I'm not great at math. Score well on SAT but even got a D in a high school math class. As for biz I've been working on a venture for three or so weeks now. Identified a problem, I have a folder on my computer full of "evidence" screenshots.

So I've been chipping away at solving said problem, make sure I get something done every day. Still not truly going hard or grinding though. Almost considered pulling an MJ and just taking off to some studio apartment work on the dream from rise to dawn.

It honestly scares me to think of how hard people are working. Guys like Gary Vee who know they are workaholics, know that it has consequences on other areas of their life, but just love the process so much. I'm not there yet. I see glimpses of it when I look at something I've created or when I think about how entrepreneurs are reducing suffering for others, but rarely do i feel like im obsessed. I hope as I continue to put more time in that I will start to understand.
'
Best of luck to everyone on this forum, even if we fail at least we won't be 45 thinking what if
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Citv ug madl vu zua!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom