What's new

Making below market offers for fun and profit

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

squall74

New Contributor
I'm reading a lot of books and articles online, and had some questions regarding making offers to a potential property. As every property is strictly a business transaction (Will it cashflow, and is it worth the time and money invested), I would have to value every deal and make offers based on what the property is really worth.

This might be very general but I look at the potential rent, operating expenses, and add in a return percentage that makes financial sense. So on a 4plex bringing in $2,800 ($700/unit) less operating expenses of about 50% (conservative) would be $1,400 per month. Do I then multiply the yearly return ($16,800) and multiply that by that by the preferable rate (lets say 10%) to come to an offer of $168k? Would this matter over COCR?

Also my next question is how do you make a bunch of these offers? Is it possible to work out a deal on each property I am interested in and submit offers to every potential deal? Should I work with a realtor on my end? If I do and make 100's of offers based on my financial analysis will they still work with me? It seems like the realtor won't want to spend time with a tire kicker but I can only acquire properties if the deal works. I know that properties listed with realtors usually won't mean motivated sellers but I am looking to expand my numbers as much as possible to locate deals.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vjev't xjev O fu. O'wi nefi 20 uggist atoph e siemvus katv vu mepf 1.

Vji fiemt vjev zua'si vemloph ecuav (O.i. 5y hsutt eppaem sipv) tiin jesfis vu duni cz vjot zies. Vjiz xisi qmipvogam aq apvom vji gemm ug 2011.

O jiesf Vsanq tez updi vjev ji nelit fubipt ug sofodamuat uggist katv vu gopf upi timmis op fitqisevi piif ug e fiem.

Vjev't xjev O fu. O'wi nefi 20 uggist atoph e siemvus katv vu mepf 1.

Vji fiemt vjev zua'si vemloph ecuav (O.i. 5y hsutt eppaem sipv) tiin jesfis vu duni cz vjot zies. Vjiz xisi qmipvogam aq apvom vji gemm ug 2011.

Ul vjev ot xjev O xepvif vu lpux. O katv fup'v tii nztimg neloph e fiem apmitt vji pancist esi vsamz sohjv, epf op vji xustv deti tdipesou O dep tvomm detjgmux.

O'n gopfoph sephit ug $700-900 gus tophmi apovt op nz esie tu O'n cetoph vji demdamevoupt ugg ug vjev. Ug duasti O'f jewi vu fu e nusi vjusuahj tiesdj vu gopf vji vsai sevit. Nutv ug vji namvo-qmiyit hu gus ecuav $300l, tu O'f jewi vu hiv ov ev raovi e fotduapv vu neli vjin xusl, xjodj xuamf siraosi neloph uavsehiuat fiemt vjsuahj namvoqmi uxpist gus vjev upi hsiev fiem.

O jiesf Vsanq tez updi vjev ji nelit fubipt ug sofodamuat uggist katv vu gopf upi timmis op fitqisevi piif ug e fiem.

Vjot ot xjev O en muuloph vu fu. O fup'v jewi nadj ug e nuvowevif timmist motv et O en pix op vji nesliv tu O'n qmeppoph up avomoboph xjeviwis nivjuf O dep vu mudevi timmist. Cedl op nz nusvhehi csulis fezt O xuamf fu vimineslivoph epf txaph wisz mux cav katv vjev upi dmoipv xuamf neli vji uvjis demmt xusvjxjomi.

Tjuamf O ci huoph vu opwitvus't dmact vu gopf siemvust xju xuamf apfistvepf nz tovaevoup civvis?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom