The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Making Money is Like Losing Weight

Gareth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Nov 25, 2016
It never really occurred to me until a few hours ago that making money is like weight loss.

I work with people every week to get their mind right to lose weight, but the parallel to making money had eluded me.

People gain weight over time and at the heart of it is maths. When their calories "in" exceed their calorie expenditure then energy gets stored as body fat. +300 calories a day over equilibrium can see you gain a kilo a month.

When it comes to weight loss people want to lose weight FAST and EASY.

That's why you see the infomercial with those machines that electronically tense your muscles. Exercise with no effort.

People decide to lose weight, they set unreasonable goals and then are disappointed when they don't get it.

For example, Bob starts a diet on Monday, he cuts 1000 calories a day from his diet. By Wednesday he is starving, But he gets on the scale and is depressed that he doesn't see any weight loss. He gives up because the diet isn't working.

So we have an idea we want to make money. We set a super high goal of wealth. We put together a website. One week later we blast a ton of traffic at it and get saddened when the bank account isn't full. We give up and go in search of another idea....

....just a thought!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I like this!!

It's sort of like sheddding off the unnecessary baggage in your life (debt, bad relationships, etc), and you end up feeling lighter!

Funny how that works?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.