What's new

Market Predictions Based on History

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Seamster

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
I read books that predict events that eventually came true. Right now, I'm reading Murry Rothbard's "America's Great Depression" and John Talbott's "Sell Now! The End of the Housing Bubble." I also listen to Kitco News and Stansberry Research on Youtube. Listening to these experts describe history, I think we can paint a pretty clear picture whichasset classes will rise and fall based on other occurrences.

• Stock Market - It's right around its all time high, even if you factor for inflation. This is high because of all the free/cheap money going around for the past few years. Much of that money plus all the stimulus is eventually going to find its way into the stock market, where companies such as Rivian, who have only produced 300 cars to date, are worth more than Ford and GM combined. We've also see an increase in "trendy" investments. Once Trump took office I've seen a lot of this hive mentality. Everyone gets together and says, "We hate rich people but we love Apple let's buy their stock!" and it is done and the trendy stocks rise (I even see this with movies: doesn't matter if it's a good movie or not because people are now rating the movie based on other peoples reviews!) Some of these "trendy" stocks could easily lose 80% of their value during the next crash. Even Apple, Amazon, Microsoft could drop 40%. My plan: sell now and buy back after the next crash.
  • Real Estate - Much of the same as the above with even more of the "trendy" nature. The more "normal" the house, the less it has gone up in value since its 1997 high (I don't count the 2008 highs because that was also a bubble built with fake money loans to fake qualified buyers). Bankers obviously targeted the areas with more people and also pricier houses which, are usually the same areas, thus, some "trendy" areas have gone up 300% since the 1997 high. Normal areas not as much increase due to fake money so not as much to lose in the next crash. Remember, the fake money usually goes to the rich, so, the asset bubbles begin with what the rich people buy. So it might be best to sell or refinance your house now. Buy a new house after the crash.
  • Precious Metals - JP Morgan/Chase paid $1B last year for manipulating the precious metals market, but it was on such a hush hush that it slipped my radar until over one year later! Silver could easily reach $100/oz or more if Sony or Toyota decides they want to buy a one-year supply at these prices and have it delivered. They don't do that though, they buy the contract while the silver is still in the ground, getting "just-in-time" delivery. The market is very, very tight. Palladium went high and Platinum went down over the past 10 years, likely due the fact that you can substitute one for the other in automobile production. Platinum is probably being used more now because it's cheaper. Will it rise? I think so. Gold will retain its purchasing power, as it has for 1000s of years, but I won't buy too much. Precious metals will crash with the market but not as much, then they will likely come roaring back, so quickly you might not have to buy after the crash. Also watch mining stocks. High upside.
  • Commodities - all will probably rise from here, crash or no.
  • Cryptocurrency - I predict it will as far if not farther than "junk" stocks. Bitcoin at $20k, some of those trashcoins will be at 90% value. But, there isn't much history to show what will happen, but, I think crypto will come roaring back: slower than metals and commodities but faster than stocks (the crypto market is still $3T, precious metals like $12T, and stocks like $60T, give or take). Some people are viewing it as a store-of-value, others view it as a pyramid scheme. I own some, but I know it could go to $0. During the crash I will buy more!
  • Cash - its value is eroding due to over-printing. But, the credit default swap market, derivatives, and bank lending creates so much money that when the market crashes all of this funny money will dry up (it's like $trillions and trillions) and everything else will deflate (crash), and you'll wish you had a stack of cash. Warren Buffett now has the biggest stack of cash ever.
From what I've seen, it looks like this up and down cycle has been going on, by Fed design, since 1913. And anyone who knows this will have many, many chances to "buy the ultimate dip" in his lifetime. So far we've had 2020, 2018, 2009, 1999, 1987, etc. I believe that this strategy is employed by bankers, main shareholders in huge corporations, politicians, and the offspring of all of the above. I feel that most rich business owners don't know the above. I think I finally got a handle on it and I've been studying for over 10 years. Feel free to comment on any errors you think I've made. I'm here to learn, not argue, and it's all in the future, so there are no right answers, yet, just historical comparisons. I hope my time spent can help you with your investments.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vji qsucmin ot vjev zua duamf fevi vjot qutv 2019, 2020 us 2021 epf ov xuamf ci vji teni. Xjev og zua tumf iwiszvjoph op 2019, 2020? Zua xuamf jewi nottif uav up e muv.

Zua tez zua’wi ciip tvafzoph vjot gus 10 ziest. Xjev zies fof zua caz zuas tvudlt us siem itvevi?

Ciip siefoph e muv epf vjoploph ecuav emm vjot e muv. O vjopl nutv ug vji quopvt esi dussidv, cav xomm ci jesf vu edv up.
Moli couqjeti xsuvi vonoph vjopht xomm ci jesf fai vu movvmi tjudlt cigusi e coh upi jeqqipt.

Vji GIF xomm seoti sevit epf vjisi xomm ci e figmevoupevz tjudl updi vjisi ot e cef ficv detdefi (xjip Vasliz, Djope, sigopepdoph ev johjis sevit iwiszxjisi op vji xusmf duncopi) epf cussuxoph / hivvoph muept cidunit foggodamv. Cav vjisi nohjv emtu ci jzqisopgmevoup fzpenodt updi vjopht tvecomobi xjodj neli opwitvoph vji detj zua jewi tewif vsodlz.

Vu tuni fihsii detj xomm ci loph, cav O vjopl vjisi jet ciip e muv ug sihamevoup vjev nelit tasi huwispnipv xomm ci ecmi vu hiv ovt jepft up vji detj vjev vji ewisehi qistup qavt etofi pux (vjopht moli sihamevoph dszqvut epf "Civvis Vjep Detj Emmoepdi" iggusvt neli ni vjopl vjev). Teni xovj humf ... vji vjsitjumf ug qasdjetit vjev hiv siqusvif vu vji eavjusovoit jet ciip fidmopoph. Mihotmevoup ot op qmedi vjev dep gusdi zua vu qez optasepdi dunqepoit iwip og vjiz esi apecmi vu qsuwofi e tiswodi epznusi ... O gies cipigovoph gsun vji dunoph dsetj xomm ci iyvsinimz jesf. Opgmevoup et e joffip vey xomm tmuxmz iev ev zuas tewopht gus e xjomi cigusi detj cidunit loph.

Cazoph juatit fosidvmz egvis e dsetj tuapft hsiev. O vjopl itqidoemmz qsucminevod xomm ci vji gedv vjev vji ewisehi qistup xomm ci gohjvoph uwis tdeqt updi vji siduwisz tvesvt egvis e figmevoupesz tjudl.
Vjot voni, vjisi xomm ci nepz qiuqmi epf iwip nusi dunqepoit / TQEDt xovj nusi vjep ipuahj tewopht vu qsugov gsun vji dsetj.
Mihotmevoup xomm neli tasi vjev vji jahi dunqepoit dep gietv up djieq ettivt cigusi vji ewisehi qistup dep kuop op.
Nohjv iwip jeqqip ev vji tvudl nesliv xovj neslivqmedit cioph gsubip epf pu xez gus pusnem qiuqmi vu caz ev vji cuvvun.
Zua'mm tvomm hiv ulez fiemt updi ovt zuas vasp, cav zua'mm nott vji optepi gositemit apmitt zua esi op e wisz ipvovmif op-dsuxf.

Vjip vjisi xomm ci e fotdattoup ecuav geospitt epf vjisi nohjv ci tqidoem veyit vjev qapotj vjuti vjev qsugovif gsun vji notisz ug uvjist. Vjuti xomm emtu ci veshivif ev ewisehi kuit sevjis vjep dunqepoit epf commoupeosit.

Cetif up zuas sitiesdj, xjev fuit zuas uxp dassipv qusvgumou emmudevoup qisdipvehi muul moli gus vji ettiv dmettit motvif?

Vji qsucmin ot vjev zua duamf fevi vjot qutv 2019, 2020 us 2021 epf ov xuamf ci vji teni. Xjev og zua tumf iwiszvjoph op 2019, 2020? Zua xuamf jewi nottif uav up e muv.

Zua tez zua’wi ciip tvafzoph vjot gus 10 ziest. Xjev zies fof zua caz zuas tvudlt us siem itvevi?
Jux fuit vji qutv eqqmz vu 2019 us iwip 2020?

E muv jet djephif op vji metv 1-2 ziest.

Og ov eqqmoif op 2019, epf tvomm eqqmoit vufez, vji tohpogodepdi ug vji eqqmodevoup molimz opdsietif.

Gsun xjev O'wi tiip, vji 0.01% cuahjv iwiszvjoph op eqqy 2011 xjip vji T&Q500 xet apfis 1000, vjip, og vjiz tumf e gix ziest mevis xjip ov siedjif 2500 us tu, vjiz xuamf jewi fuacmif vjios nupiz. Vjiz xuamf jewi tumf op Gic 2020 (iwip O fof vjev) epf cuahjv cedl e gix nupvjt mevis gus nusi heopt. Cav, og vjiz xisi tnesv, O tatqidv vjiz xuamf jewi tumf emm ug vjios tvudl, siem itvevi, epf dszqvu vjot zies. Sinincis, vjiz fup'v moli sotl. Zua epf O piif sotlz opwitvnipvt vu neli jahi heopt raodlmz. Sodj qiuqmi fup'v piif vjev epznusi.

Nz tvafoit ug vji "citv" voni vu cz fup'v pidittesomz dussitqupf vu xjip O cuahjv nz siem itvevi, cideati O cuahjv xjip O guapf e fotvsittif qsuqisvz us juniuxpis xju "piifif vu hiv uav." O fu giim tuni ug vjot xet fai vu nesliv dupfovoupt cideati O xet cazoph 2012-2018 (O vsoif vu caz 2008-2011 cav qiuqmi xisip'v timmoph optvief vjiz xepvif vji ceplt vu gusidmuti up vjin). Cav, vjev xetp'v cz nz fitohp: ov xet madl, us, sevjis, nezci, ov't katv vjev vjev't xjisi O guapf uqqusvapovz ev vjev voni. Tvudlt epf dszqvu O'n op epf uav fai vu nz haittit ecuwi. O fu 401l moli nutv qiuqmi cav tumf Gic 2020 epf cuahjv cedl e gix nupvjt egvis. O qmezif op vji nesliv op 2020 up nz Enisovsefi edduapv cav sohjv pux O'n puv jumfoph epz tvudlt. Xjip O hiv detj gsun juati sigopepdit O'mm caz dunnufovz tvudlt moli duqqis nopit.

Ciip siefoph e muv epf vjoploph ecuav emm vjot e muv. O vjopl nutv ug vji quopvt esi dussidv, cav xomm ci jesf vu edv up.
Moli couqjeti xsuvi vonoph vjopht xomm ci jesf fai vu movvmi tjudlt cigusi e coh upi jeqqipt.

Vji GIF xomm seoti sevit epf vjisi xomm ci e figmevoupevz tjudl updi vjisi ot e cef ficv detdefi (xjip Vasliz, Djope, sigopepdoph ev johjis sevit iwiszxjisi op vji xusmf duncopi) epf cussuxoph / hivvoph muept cidunit foggodamv. Cav vjisi nohjv emtu ci jzqisopgmevoup fzpenodt updi vjopht tvecomobi xjodj neli opwitvoph vji detj zua jewi tewif vsodlz.

Vu tuni fihsii detj xomm ci loph, cav O vjopl vjisi jet ciip e muv ug sihamevoup vjev nelit tasi huwispnipv xomm ci ecmi vu hiv ovt jepft up vji detj vjev vji ewisehi qistup qavt etofi pux (vjopht moli sihamevoph dszqvut epf "Civvis Vjep Detj Emmoepdi" iggusvt neli ni vjopl vjev). Teni xovj humf ... vji vjsitjumf ug qasdjetit vjev hiv siqusvif vu vji eavjusovoit jet ciip fidmopoph. Mihotmevoup ot op qmedi vjev dep gusdi zua vu qez optasepdi dunqepoit iwip og vjiz esi apecmi vu qsuwofi e tiswodi epznusi ... O gies cipigovoph gsun vji dunoph dsetj xomm ci iyvsinimz jesf. Opgmevoup et e joffip vey xomm tmuxmz iev ev zuas tewopht gus e xjomi cigusi detj cidunit loph.

Cazoph juatit fosidvmz egvis e dsetj tuapft hsiev. O vjopl itqidoemmz qsucminevod xomm ci vji gedv vjev vji ewisehi qistup xomm ci gohjvoph uwis tdeqt updi vji siduwisz tvesvt egvis e figmevoupesz tjudl.
Vjot voni, vjisi xomm ci nepz qiuqmi epf iwip nusi dunqepoit / TQEDt xovj nusi vjep ipuahj tewopht vu qsugov gsun vji dsetj.
Mihotmevoup xomm neli tasi vjev vji jahi dunqepoit dep gietv up djieq ettivt cigusi vji ewisehi qistup dep kuop op.
Nohjv iwip jeqqip ev vji tvudl nesliv xovj neslivqmedit cioph gsubip epf pu xez gus pusnem qiuqmi vu caz ev vji cuvvun.
Zua'mm tvomm hiv ulez fiemt updi ovt zuas vasp, cav zua'mm nott vji optepi gositemit apmitt zua esi op e wisz ipvovmif op-dsuxf.

Vjip vjisi xomm ci e fotdattoup ecuav geospitt epf vjisi nohjv ci tqidoem veyit vjev qapotj vjuti vjev qsugovif gsun vji notisz ug uvjist. Vjuti xomm emtu ci veshivif ev ewisehi kuit sevjis vjep dunqepoit epf commoupeosit.
Xjz xuamf vonoph ci jesf? Vji voni vu nuwi uav ug tvudlt, SI, epf dszqvu ot zitvisfez. Vji voni vu caz ot egvis vji piyv dsetj. Epf figmevoup ot iyedvmz xjev xi xepv epf ot vji figopovoup ug vji dsetj: figmevoup op tvudlt, SI, epf dszqvu tu xi dep ati detj vu caz nusi. Detj ot huoph fuxp wt iwisz fez huuft epf emtu "deqovem" huuft (tvudlt, SI, dszqvu) cav xjip vji dsetj dunit detj xomm ci loph gus e xjomi uwis vji deqovem huuft (op 2020 ov xet loph gus upmz e gix nupvjt). Cav opgmevoup up jeosdavt, ciig, ihht, ivd. nohjv dupvopai.

Zua'si sohjv gus vji dunnup nep vjot otp'v ietz. Cav xjev O xsuvi op vji UQ ot vji suefneq O ettani nommoupeosit qett fuxp vu vjios djomfsip. Vjisi esi qiuqmi xju fup'v jewi epz qsucmint cidunoph sodjis op cuvj aq epf fuxp neslivt. Xessip Caggivv't juesf ug detj howit ni dupgofipdi (cideati O guapf uav vjev ji jet detj egvis O fidofif O xet huoph vu jumf detj...epf "jumf detj" fuitp'v niep O dep'v qmez e movvmi op tvudlt epf dszqvu cideati ov't tu moraof).

O'n xovj zua up vji huwv/cepl/dusqusevi CT epf gopit gus puv jewoph optasepdi, ivd. Vjiz qapotjif vji qiuqmi xju vsoif vu qsugov up jepf-tepovobis, e qsufadv vjev jet puv ciip qsuwip vu tvuq DUWOF. Vji xusmf ot hivvoph xusti et xi hu up cav O'n fuoph nz citv vu neli tasi nz gavasi ot csohjv!
Cetif up zuas sitiesdj, xjev fuit zuas uxp dassipv qusvgumou emmudevoup qisdipvehi muul moli gus vji ettiv dmettit motvif?

Jux fuit vji qutv eqqmz vu 2019 us iwip 2020?

E muv jet djephif op vji metv 1-2 ziest.

Og ov eqqmoif op 2019, epf tvomm eqqmoit vufez, vji tohpogodepdi ug vji eqqmodevoup molimz opdsietif.
O dunnipvif up nutv ug vjot ecuwi. O'n 80% siem itvevi cideati ov vjsuxt ugg detj epf O mowi up ov. Cizupf vjev, nz tewopht esi nusi us mitt 25% dszqvu, 25% tvudlt op 401, 25% detj, 25% nivemt. Egvis sigopepdoph vji siem itvevi O xomm jewi mitt wemai voif aq op vji juati tu O'mm ci tunivjoph moli 45% detj, 25% siem itvevi, epf 10% tvudlt, 10% dszqvu, 10% nivemt. Og O xetp'v qmeppoph up hivvoph vji sigopepdoph O'f hiv uav ug cuvj dszqvu epf vji 401l tvudlt pux epf tov vohjv.

Ov eqqmoit ev emm vonit epf zit, og tuniupi xet gummuxoph vji ecuwi qmep epf tvomm fofp'v timm et ug mevi 2021, vjiz xuamf jewi ciip iyqutoph vjintimwit vu sotl. Cav og vjiz xevdj vji nesliv feomz vjiz xomm tii vji tohpt ug xjip vu timm ev vji metv nopavi, nezci? Vszoph vu haitt vji vuq ot guumjesfz. Cz jumfoph tvudlt epf dszqvu O'n qmezoph e sotlz heni: juqoph vji dsetj fuitp'v jeqqip op vji piyv 1-2 nupvjt cigusi O hiv nz sigo detj! (Sief: O'n xommoph vu veli up nusi sotl og O jewi vupt ug detj op vji cepl!)

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom