What's new

Marketing Thoughts: The Delicate Balance of Marketing & The Answer Behind It

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

contract

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Now let's compare something...

1. Brands will bombard their customers with ads of their brand over and over again.

We believe it makes people more comfortable/repeatable/trusting of buying our brand. They become familiar with it right...

2. Now take for instance the aspect of people. We meet someone new, and they are constantly entering our lives. Phone calls, texts, emails, workplace, hang outs, randomly seen at the grocery store/around town, etc.

You could also call this building rapport, much like a good salesperson does + (We could take this even further, when they are invited into a social circle and accepted; much like a good friend who recommend a business/product to you)

But here's where I see an interesting comparison.

The human aspect of things is personable, and well.. Human.

The brand aspect of things is cold, commercial and never truly realistic.

All ads of course, can be sparked with life, music, visuals, human testimonials, and what have you..

HOWEVER...

We ALL have people we have met that we don't like.

We ALL have companies we have dealt with or been introduced to that we don't like.

It would appear there is a delicate balance here.

You don't want to be too overly active putting your brand in someone's face.

Much like people, you become too clingy, too desperate.

Chances are you don't hang out with you car insurance rep on a daily biases.

Why in the world would you want to see an ad for that brand on a daily biases?

Now my impression from this is:

When we are re-targeting people with our ads, or perhaps showing it to them for the first time. Wouldn't it be more logical to display say them once per week, instead of multiple times per day, across every single website they visit? Day after day...

There is ad blindness of course to factor in here.

But the same can be said about driving past a local business every day after work.

You see the sign in front of the business, but do you really focus in on it daily?

Expanding on this further: There is NO reason/why being answered here.

That sign out front, or that banner is useless, *for the time being.

Why or what would make you stop and enter that local business?

Why or what would make you stop browsing a website and click onto that brand's banner ad?

Perhaps you are hungry, so you see a restaurant sign and you stop to eat there.

In reverse, should you see a lawyer street sign, but have no need for a lawyer...

What action can you take, if none is required of you, nor of any direct needed.

My point here is that is not a matter of directly marketing/advertising per say.

It is a matter of answering: Why/what reasoning. (Your brand become this answer)

How will YOU solve a problem for me today?

Can you embed something in my mind that will serve as a memory for tomorrow?

Will your brilliant 14-stage filtering process be the determining factor when I select a whiskey at the bar next month?

Is this the answer the customer is seeking?

Will your 100 phone calls this month from my internet lead, really make me purchase a car today?

Perhaps you will just exhaust my patience and lose the sale.

Perhaps your email 8 months from now will remind me how much I hate my car after a random flat tire.

You become the answer to solving my problems; a sale can now begin.

So why did I write this?

Mostly morning rambles..

But, I believe a lot of us tend to rush into things too fast.

Find the problem, create the answer, delicately deliver it accordingly.

It is one thing to have ambition and pride in your brand, another to shove it down someone's throat.

What is your purpose, and what purpose does it serve people?

Focus on answering the "why" and building on the "reason".

In relationships we are attracted to people we like. But what REALLY cements us to the other person in the first place?

We want a family/kids/loving company/pleasure/someone to listen, or a million other reasons...

Now take all of those reasons away.

Imagine the crazy thought of dating a tree...

You might be asking yourself right now, why would you?

The people who launched over 1,004 investor funded photo apps this past year are apparently doing the same.

Welcome to the world of marketing.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom