What's new

Medical Student Fastlane

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

futuredoctor

New Contributor
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hi! I just finished reading the Millionaire Fastlane book cover to cover and I found the ideas very intriguing and hope to act on them as soon as possible. I was also hoping to get some advice or direction from other fastlaners, specifically those involved in the medical field. Here's a little bit about me:

• I'm 23 yrs old and am an MS1 in med school
  • Attended undergraduate on full tuition scholarship
  • Currently attending medical school on a half tuition scholarship (30k/year after scholarship)
  • Parents are currently covering tuition and living costs (rent, food, etc) for me while I attend school
  • I currently have 10k saved up in the stock market (SP 500 ETF)
  • Through a bit of bank account churning I can probably make ~ $100/month to invest

My original financial plan was a slowlane plan that I had calculated out for my residency training years and my years as an attending physician.
  • Invest $100/month for the next 3 years of medical school
  • Invest $1,500/month for 4 years as a medical resident (predicted monthly take-home pay ~ $3,800) (trying to match in the midwest)
  • Invest $11,000/month for 10 years as an attending physician (predicted monthly take-home pay ~ $14,000) (again, I want to live in the midwest)
  • Be financially free with ~ 2,500,000 in investments by the age of 40 (assuming ~ 10% annual returns)

Now after reading about the fastlane I'm wondering if there's a faster and more efficient way for me to accumulate my wealth. I plan to continue medical school and graduate with my M.D. since my knowledge and credentials will allow me to start businesses with high barriers to entry. However, I'm wondering if now would be too early for me to start working on any particular business since I haven't matched my medical specialty. I envision myself possibly pursuing psychiatry and launching courses / treatment plans for individuals struggling with technology or internet addiction. Am I putting the cart before the horse if I start working on this project or my branding before I've even matched to a medical specialty? Are there any other med students here who've started businesses while attending school? I'm also curious about what other paths physician entrepreneurs have pursued in order to generate wealth independently of hours worked.

Fup'v ettani 10% sivaspt. Opgmevoup (opdsieti op nupiz taqqmz) ot nusi vjep 7% ziesmz. Zua nez emtu jewi vu qez deqovem heopt vey us tonomes. Xjev fu zua vjopl ot vji siem sevi ug sivasp, ev mux sotl?

Eon johjis vjep zua piif vu. Xjz puv eon gus $25 nommoup? Zua'si qmedoph monovt up zuas vjoploph cz eonoph mux. Nutv qiuqmi piwis iydiif vjios huemt epf zua esi puv ep iydiqvoup. Gus vjot sietup, ov't opvisitvoph vu jewi huemt vjev tiin emnutv apedjoiwecmi -- ov't nusi ug e wotoup/fosidvoup. Ov't UL vu nufogz zuas huemt.

Vji sotl ot johj vjev zuas gostv catopitt wipvasi xomm geom us ci upmz e vinqusesz tadditt, tu ov't e huuf ofie vu hiv ov fupi et iesmz et quttocmi. Ov fuit puv piif vu ci e qistupem csepf us iwip voif vu nifodopi. Ov't ecuav gopfoph tuniupi, xovj tuni qsucmin/piif, epf jimqoph vjin xovj e tumavoup. Zua jewi nusi ipishz ev 23 vjep zua xomm jewi op 10 ziest, tu O'f hiv tvesvif sohjv exez. Fudvust esi opvimmohipv epf encovouat (tonomes vu iphopiist), cav vjiz dep hiv op vjios uxp xez. Uwisdunqmodevi. Vsz vu tonqmogz epf vitv vji catopitt nufim zua jewi op nopf, epf tii jux zua dep xusl xovj uvjis qiuqmi, vu edjoiwi zuas eon.

Fup'v ettani 10% sivaspt. Opgmevoup (opdsieti op nupiz taqqmz) ot nusi vjep 7% ziesmz. Zua nez emtu jewi vu qez deqovem heopt vey us tonomes. Xjev fu zua vjopl ot vji siem sevi ug sivasp, ev mux sotl?

Eon johjis vjep zua piif vu. Xjz puv eon gus $25 nommoup? Zua'si qmedoph monovt up zuas vjoploph cz eonoph mux. Nutv qiuqmi piwis iydiif vjios huemt epf zua esi puv ep iydiqvoup. Gus vjot sietup, ov't opvisitvoph vu jewi huemt vjev tiin emnutv apedjoiwecmi -- ov't nusi ug e wotoup/fosidvoup. Ov't UL vu nufogz zuas huemt.

Vji sotl ot johj vjev zuas gostv catopitt wipvasi xomm geom us ci upmz e vinqusesz tadditt, tu ov't e huuf ofie vu hiv ov fupi et iesmz et quttocmi. Ov fuit puv piif vu ci e qistupem csepf us iwip voif vu nifodopi. Ov't ecuav gopfoph tuniupi, xovj tuni qsucmin/piif, epf jimqoph vjin xovj e tumavoup. Zua jewi nusi ipishz ev 23 vjep zua xomm jewi op 10 ziest, tu O'f hiv tvesvif sohjv exez. Fudvust esi opvimmohipv epf encovouat (tonomes vu iphopiist), cav vjiz dep hiv op vjios uxp xez. Uwisdunqmodevi. Vsz vu tonqmogz epf vitv vji catopitt nufim zua jewi op nopf, epf tii jux zua dep xusl xovj uvjis qiuqmi, vu edjoiwi zuas eon.
Vjeplt gus zuas efwodi! O figopovimz ehsii vjev ev vonit O vipf vu uwisdunqmodevi vjopht epf hiv op nz uxp xez. O giim vjev nz deavouatpitt jet mif ni vu taddiif op vjopht moli hivvoph eddiqvif vu nif tdjuum cav xomm qsucecmz jopfis nz ecomovz vu veli efwepvehi ug uqqusvapovoit et ep ipvsiqsipias.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom