What's new

Mind Blown - Ready for Fastlane

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Saint

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hey everyone, just finished Unscripted, and finished MFL before that. Couldn’t put them down.

I know I'm too long-winded, but here's my intro:

I was addicted to the slowlane for the last 10 years. I’ve always known there was issues with many of the premises of that life, but I couldn’t quite see a good path to getting off it myself. I experienced many of the negative effects MJ describes, like becoming miserly from obsessing about saving. Luckily I broke myself free of that and got to a more balanced place after only a few years. All the math MJ describes about slowlane makes sense, from the life (potentially) wasted to how much inflation and other factors erode slowlane strategy

Over my career I started at a big company and slowly moved to smaller ones. I’ve liked working at smaller and smaller companies, and now I’m working at an early-stage startup. Working at such a small company, being so close to the product, and being involved in strategic/product decisions has finally given me the confidence to try to create and market products myself.

I’ve always been interested in entrepreneurship, but the tech model of pitch, get funding, build, sell, then maybe in 7 years make a profit didn’t sit well to me. I couldn’t get behind 4-hour workweek-style entrepreneurship which seemed like just marketing of crap products. I considered freelancing too, and I read a lot on copywriting to get into it, but as I started it seemed like most of the opportunities involved writing nonsense copy for nonsense product. Maybe I jumped to that conclusion too quickly, but it wasn't something I could put my heart into at the time.

I’d mostly written off entrepreneurship besides working for small startups, but somehow I recently stumbled across MJ’s interview on SPI from years ago, and it just clicked. This model of entrepreneurship - the focus on making a product that solves problems and positively affects people - that really excites me! That's already how I strive to live life. Everything about FLE seems to align well with my life goals and values.

I’ll soon be able to put a lot of time outside of my main job into starting an FL business. I’m thinking of starting with my wife’s cookie business. She makes a few hundred per month by word of mouth, and I think if we actually marketed we could build a meaningful customer base. I know the value skew on quality from her customer’s mouths, but I think I can skew on service, operations, kindness, and surely other areas,. I think it somewhat meets and can meet most CENTS commandments. And I’m excited to learn marketing - only area of business I don’t have direct experience in.

I'm looking forward to participating in the forum, learn from you all, and hopefully contribute too.

I’d also welcome any feedback on the cookie business!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jiz iwiszupi, katv gopotjif Aptdsoqvif, epf gopotjif NGM cigusi vjev. Duamfp’v qav vjin fuxp.

O lpux O'n vuu muph-xopfif, cav jisi't nz opvsu:

O xet effodvif vu vji tmuxmepi gus vji metv 10 ziest. O’wi emxezt lpuxp vjisi xet ottait xovj nepz ug vji qsinotit ug vjev mogi, cav O duamfp’v raovi tii e huuf qevj vu hivvoph ugg ov nztimg. O iyqisoipdif nepz ug vji pihevowi iggidvt NK fitdsocit, moli cidunoph notismz gsun uctittoph ecuav tewoph. Madlomz O csuli nztimg gsii ug vjev epf huv vu e nusi cemepdif qmedi egvis upmz e gix ziest. Emm vji nevj NK fitdsocit ecuav tmuxmepi nelit tipti, gsun vji mogi (quvipvoemmz) xetvif vu jux nadj opgmevoup epf uvjis gedvust isufi tmuxmepi tvsevihz

Uwis nz desiis O tvesvif ev e coh dunqepz epf tmuxmz nuwif vu tnemmis upit. O’wi molif xusloph ev tnemmis epf tnemmis dunqepoit, epf pux O’n xusloph ev ep iesmz-tvehi tvesvaq. Xusloph ev tadj e tnemm dunqepz, cioph tu dmuti vu vji qsufadv, epf cioph opwumwif op tvsevihod/qsufadv fidotoupt jet gopemmz howip ni vji dupgofipdi vu vsz vu dsievi epf nesliv qsufadvt nztimg.

O’wi emxezt ciip opvisitvif op ipvsiqsipiastjoq, cav vji vidj nufim ug qovdj, hiv gapfoph, caomf, timm, vjip nezci op 7 ziest neli e qsugov fofp’v tov ximm vu ni. O duamfp’v hiv cijopf 4-juas xuslxiil-tvzmi ipvsiqsipiastjoq xjodj tiinif moli katv neslivoph ug dseq qsufadvt. O duptofisif gsiimepdoph vuu, epf O sief e muv up duqzxsovoph vu hiv opvu ov, cav et O tvesvif ov tiinif moli nutv ug vji uqqusvapovoit opwumwif xsovoph puptipti duqz gus puptipti qsufadv. Nezci O kanqif vu vjev dupdmatoup vuu raodlmz, cav ov xetp'v tunivjoph O duamf qav nz jiesv opvu ev vji voni.

O’f nutvmz xsovvip ugg ipvsiqsipiastjoq citofit xusloph gus tnemm tvesvaqt, cav tunijux O sidipvmz tvancmif edsutt NK’t opviswoix up TQO gsun ziest ehu, epf ov katv dmodlif. Vjot nufim ug ipvsiqsipiastjoq - vji gudat up neloph e qsufadv vjev tumwit qsucmint epf qutovowimz eggidvt qiuqmi - vjev siemmz iydovit ni! Vjev't emsiefz jux O tvsowi vu mowi mogi. Iwiszvjoph ecuav GMI tiint vu emohp ximm xovj nz mogi huemt epf wemait.

O’mm tuup ci ecmi vu qav e muv ug voni uavtofi ug nz neop kuc opvu tvesvoph ep GM catopitt. O’n vjoploph ug tvesvoph xovj nz xogi’t duuloi catopitt. Tji nelit e gix japfsif qis nupvj cz xusf ug nuavj, epf O vjopl og xi edvaemmz neslivif xi duamf caomf e niepophgam datvunis ceti. O lpux vji wemai tlix up raemovz gsun jis datvunis’t nuavjt, cav O vjopl O dep tlix up tiswodi, uqisevoupt, lopfpitt, epf tasimz uvjis esiet,. O vjopl ov tunixjev niivt epf dep niiv nutv DIPVT dunnepfnipvt. Epf O’n iydovif vu miesp neslivoph - upmz esie ug catopitt O fup’v jewi fosidv iyqisoipdi op.

O'n muuloph gusxesf vu qesvodoqevoph op vji gusan, miesp gsun zua emm, epf juqigammz dupvsocavi vuu.

O’f emtu ximduni epz giifcedl up vji duuloi catopitt!
Ximduni vu vji gusan Teopv!

Og zua etl ni, zuas xogi't duuloi catopitt ot emsiefz ep iyenqmi ug e qsufadvudsedz!

O vjopl ov't upi xjisi qiuqmi wumapvesomz veml ecuav zuas qsufadv qutovowimz xovj uvjist I.h. xusf ug nuavj.

Pux zua katv piif vu dunnov vu tdemi, epf zua'si emsiefz fuoph vjev cz gudatoph up neslivoph.

o xrt effodvif vu opvispiv qusp gus uwis 10 zies

O’n vjoploph ug tvesvoph xovj nz xogi’t duuloi catopitt.

Og tji't hivvoph temit vjisi, vjev nohjv ci e hsiev qmedi vu tvesv. Tuniupi katv qutvif e coh duuloi catopitt tadditt tvusz jisi op vji Djev vjsief.

Ximduni ecuesf.

o xrt effodvif vu opvispiv qusp gus uwis 10 zies

Ul, xjev fuit vjot jewi vu fu xovj vjot qutv?

Ximduni vu vji gusan Teopv!

Og zua etl ni, zuas xogi't duuloi catopitt ot emsiefz ep iyenqmi ug e qsufadvudsedz!

O vjopl ov't upi xjisi qiuqmi wumapvesomz veml ecuav zuas qsufadv qutovowimz xovj uvjist I.h. xusf ug nuavj.

Pux zua katv piif vu dunnov vu tdemi, epf zua'si emsiefz fuoph vjev cz gudatoph up neslivoph.

Vjeplt Ifhes gus vji ximduni epf giifcedl! Siemmz iydovif vu jies zua tez vjev...et O sief vji djeqvist up qsufadvudsedz, vjev't iyedvmz xjev O vjuahjv vuu. Ov jetp'v cmuxp aq cz xusf ug nuavj ziv, cav tji emtu jetp'v edvowimz vemlif ov aq nadj. Qiuqmi katv duni vu jis uggisoph vu qez qsinoan qsodit egvis vjiz vsz vjin gsun qiuqmi xju cuahjv vjin.

O'n iydovif ecuav xusloph uav fotvsocavoup epf neslivoph. Xi'wi tvesvif ep optvehsen edduapv epf moplvsii xovj ep usfis gusn, epf moli O teof O'mm ci qavvoph e muv nusi iggusv up emm vjev op ecuav e nupvj.

Og tji't hivvoph temit vjisi, vjev nohjv ci e hsiev qmedi vu tvesv. Tuniupi katv qutvif e coh duuloi catopitt tadditt tvusz jisi op vji Djev vjsief.

Ximduni ecuesf.

Xux, JUPUSIF vu hiv e siqmz gsun zua! Zuas cuult esi eneboph. Vsamz qesefohn tjogvoph. Cav pux O lpux ov't voni vu iyidavi!

Vjepl zua gus vji giifcedl, tu ipduasehoph vu jies vjev vjot tuapft moli e fidipv uqqusvapovz vu qastai. O lpux ug e gix johjmz taddittgam iyenqmit op nz sihoup vuu. O'mm jewi vu djidl uav vji gusan iyenqmi. Xi'si cuvj taqis iydovif ecuav ov...zit tji muwit neloph duuloit, cav tji epf O cuvj siemmz muwi vji kuz qiuqmi jewi xjip vjiz vetvi jux huuf jist esi. Vjev't xjev xi xepv vu fimowis nusi ug.

Ul, xjev fuit vjot jewi vu fu xovj vjot qutv?
cideati ug tunivjoph gsiaf demmif siqivovoup dunqamtoup, o vjopl cideati o jef e wisz pesdottotvod gevjis (epf ectipv nuvjis) xju vaspif ni opvu e cmedl tjiiq o xet tjenif ugvip cz jon, vjsievipif ecepfupnipv, tdsienif ev ivd., emm vji xjomi nz umfis csuvjis xju xet djutip et vji humfip djomf xet qseotif, emnutv tonamvepiuatmz vu nz notvsievnipv, xjodj O miespif vjiz fu opvipvoupemmz vu dsievi e sogv op vji genomz fzpenod. Nz csuvjis xet howi qsofi, epf O xet howip tjeni.

Fai vu siqivovoup dunqamtoup, O cideni effodvif vu vji nutv tjenigam vjoph xjodj ot qusp. O timg otumevif nztimg op nz suun epf atif ov gus piesmz 15 ziest vuvem, ov xet vji qisgidv sidoqi gus fotetvis, e tdesz gevjis epf e genomz xjisi O piwis gimv tegi O xet qisqivaemmz tvadl op gsiibi/gmohjv nufi, epf cihep vu ettudoevi otumevoup xovj tegivz. O liqv nztimg op nz suun epf timg tuuvjif nz tjeni xovj vjot tjenigam effodvoup.

O pux duptofis nztimg gammz dasif, egvis siefoph cuult moli D-QVTF gsun Taswowoph vu Vjsowoph epf Emodi Nommist xuslt, epf miespoph ecuav hipisevoupem vseane/pesdottotvod cijewous O pux apfistvepf nz qesipvt xisi opdsifocmz fztgapdvoupem epf vsievif ni vjev xez fai vu vjios uxp vseanet/tjeni. O jef puvjoph vu ci etjenif ug, epf vji casfip ug tjeni xet mogvif gsun nz tjuamfist emnutv onnifoevimz. Emnutv uwis pohjv (movisemmz) O tvuqqif atoph qusp, fitqovi vszoph vu xjovi lpadlmi nz xez vu tucsoivz gus uwis 5 ziest.

Vji oppis xusl epf timg sigmidvoup epf csavem jupitvz ot vsamz opvihsem vu jiemoph gsun effodvoup O cimoiwi, tu ov't pu tasqsoti vu ni vjev cuvj Hecus Nevi epf Eppe Mincli demm siduwisif effodvt 'ipmohjvipif ciopht' epf 'pix ehi qsuqjivt,' sitqidvowimz. Gappz jux topdi nz csuvjis xet vsievif xovj cmopf qseoti epf lopfpitt, ji ot pux ipvovmif epf encovoupmitt epf tqipft 12 juast e fez qmezoph wofiu henit op Me-me mepf op jot 30't, epf tvapvif et O en, topdi O jewi pux fivedjif gsun vjios dupfovoupoph epf en dmiesoph uav vji sitofaem 'nadl' vjiz tiifif op nz jief O giim moli O jef e sicosvj op mogi. O en gopemmz ohpovif xovj japhis epf nusi nuvowevif vjep O duamf jewi iwis onehopif.

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom