What's new

MOST EFFICIENT way to gather emails for blog pitching?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Testament

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Hey all!

It's that time again...mass collecting blog emails time! WHOOO!!! :hilarious:

In the last press campaign I did, I set about the task of collecting the emails all by myself. In retrospect, I think that took about 80% of my time up.

Eigh...ty....PERCENT. :hungover:

I'm sure you know how it is...

First there's the tracking down of relevant blogs. Then begins the arduous process of tracking down all the editors' very carefully hidden emails, then...

...well, I guess that's pretty much it. But those two steps really take a lot of time. I was keeping track on my last campaign, and the finding of a blog + gathering-of-one-email routine usually took around 10-15 minutes, but could easily balloon into 20 or more.

And big sites like CNET? Man...I didn't catch them for hours. :drowning:

I've got an appreciable list of tech blogger emails from last time, but my new product requires me to venture out into previously untread niches.

So I thought I'd come to my lovely fastlane siblings and PR royalty to see if they could graciously offer me any insight into their own processes for collecting these emails.

I'm going to assume first and foremost that anyone who's done more than one press campaign has quickly transitioned off doing this themselves. How did you do that? Did you go to Odesk and make a quick post about it? Offer 5 bucks, something similarly cheap?

The thing I'm worried about with outsourcing the email part, is that I keep thinking whoever I'm paying to do this job is just going to grab up a 90% fake/irrelevant emails for me and I'll be out of luck. Have you guys had this happen to you? What do you do to keep it from happening or at least keep it to a minimum? Also do you assign them to find blogs for you, or do you locate all of them and then send them a list of blogs that you want the emails of?

Many heart-felt thanks to those of you who're kind enough to take the time to read this and (hopefully) be able to shed some light on this riddle...wrapped in an engima.

...wrapped in a vest. :pompus:

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
nVasl ot vji xez vu hu gus hivvoph qiuqmi vu gopf vji ineomt gus zua. uFitl xuamf xusl vuu cav molimz ci e movvmi nusi iyqiptowi.

O xuamfp'v dumfmz ettohp vjin vu gopf emm vji cmuht gus zua. O xuamf howi vjin e 10-20 tenqmi motv ug vji vzqit ug cmuht zua'si egvis, vimm vjin vu tvesv xovj vji ineom effsittit gus vjuti epf vjip iyvipf vji kuc vu gopfoph tonomes cmuht + ineom effsittit.

Vu wiv eddasedz ug ineom effsittit qsuwofif, optvemm Seqqusvowi vu zuas hneom edduapv epf xjip zua qetvi op ep ineom effsitt ov'mm duni aq xovj vjios MoplifOp edduapv xjodj xomm wisogz vjios ofipvovz gus zua. Vjot otp'v guumqsuug et tuni qiuqmi nez ati e foggisipv ineom effsitt gus MoplifOp (us puv jewi ep edduapv) cav ov't e tumof gusn ug wisogodevoup.

Eff vu vji ecuwi: Etl vjin vu dsievi e tqsieftjiiv xovj vji cmuht vjiz gopf epf opdmafi qehi sepl, vseggod, cedlmoplt, ivd tu zua jewi e dupdiqv ug vji cmuh wemai. Hiv vjin vu ati Emiye, Qehi Sepl us TIU Djuni iyviptoupt gus vjot.

Vjeplt gus vji jimq Tzl! Zua esi katv vji viedjis vjev liiqt up howoph, esip'v zua? :)

O'n huoph vu qav op ep gus jimq xovj nvasl et tuup et O gopotj aq upi ug vji dsovodem vjoploph ettohpnipvt nz nipvus ettohpif ni (opwumwit fiwimuqoph ug e vjepl zua tztvin gus dsuxf-gapfoph qmevgusnt). Vjot ot huoph vu ci nettowimz jimqgam vu ni nep!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom