- Joined
- Jul 20, 2011
- Messages
- 91
Rep Bank
$405
$405
User Power: 70%
Hi everybody,
I am fortunate enough to find the book and stumble upon this forum. I am new to this forum and I see lot of people have made their fast lane through several ways such as real estate, internet or stock investing. After reading the TMF book I realized that I am on slow lane (went to a good school, got good grades, completed a PhD degree and got a good job making 50K/year in this economy) and most of my time I have spent on the side walk or slow lane :smx4:. Recently I have a slow realization that I am not cut out for the cubicle job and I want a work on something which will involve interacting with real people in real world.
My current position:
With a family and a kid and I am the sole bread earner. No debt. Around 10k in retirement and 10 k in savings.:nonod:
My passion:
To do science but I recently realized it should be to create something that will add value to people's life.
My Goal:
To be financially independent in next 5-7 years to own my time and pursue my dreams.
Things I am looking to explore:
I am now interested to start an export-import business in USA or a small business. But I do find that I have little money to start with and at the same time not having any experience in the business. So I now have started looking for mentors around. Seriously thinking to relocate to east or west coast of US to expand my search for opportunities.
My sincere request :
I sincerely look for suggestions from fast lane forum guys who have been there and done that. How realistic it is for a guy in mid thirties to start without any resources but few ideas? What are the things I need to do to increase my chances to start something and get going? I know at the end of the day nobody but I have to decide what I need to do. But I need suggestions from people who have done practically from their mistakes and experiences.
Thanks all.
I am fortunate enough to find the book and stumble upon this forum. I am new to this forum and I see lot of people have made their fast lane through several ways such as real estate, internet or stock investing. After reading the TMF book I realized that I am on slow lane (went to a good school, got good grades, completed a PhD degree and got a good job making 50K/year in this economy) and most of my time I have spent on the side walk or slow lane :smx4:. Recently I have a slow realization that I am not cut out for the cubicle job and I want a work on something which will involve interacting with real people in real world.
My current position:
With a family and a kid and I am the sole bread earner. No debt. Around 10k in retirement and 10 k in savings.:nonod:
My passion:
To do science but I recently realized it should be to create something that will add value to people's life.
My Goal:
To be financially independent in next 5-7 years to own my time and pursue my dreams.
Things I am looking to explore:
I am now interested to start an export-import business in USA or a small business. But I do find that I have little money to start with and at the same time not having any experience in the business. So I now have started looking for mentors around. Seriously thinking to relocate to east or west coast of US to expand my search for opportunities.
My sincere request :
I sincerely look for suggestions from fast lane forum guys who have been there and done that. How realistic it is for a guy in mid thirties to start without any resources but few ideas? What are the things I need to do to increase my chances to start something and get going? I know at the end of the day nobody but I have to decide what I need to do. But I need suggestions from people who have done practically from their mistakes and experiences.
Thanks all.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
