What's new

My failed attempt at my solo project

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

user0001

PARKED
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hello everyone,

This year I set out to create a website that allows strangers to talk to each other anonymously in real time, with a rating system linked to an algorithm matching people based on their ratings.

I wanted to share the site in my city so that people could meet new people they liked safely.
And to make money, I wanted to put up ads for local businesses.

Everyone I told about the idea said it was great.
I shared the idea on reddit to validate it and got a lot of positive feedback.

I finished building the backend after 6 months after my work hours, learning everything I needed to know about web development and the related technologies for real time communication.
I then spent 2500 euros on the frontend design and development, which took another 6 months, after many problems with the frontend developers I hired on upwork.

And now I've started advertising online for it.
Nobody who clicked on the website has tried to talk to anyone. Out of 6000 impressions and 40 clicks.
I've sent emails to every important local buisness in my city and none has responded to my emails.
I've shared the link on socal media, but I've had no reaction on the local groups.

I feel really bad right now.
I feel like I am not cut to be an entrepreneur sometimes when I compare myself to other people.
i feel so dumb being enthousiatic about it like I was.
It really took a toll on me. I am not sure I have the energy to try something like that again.
I've been trying to make something work for several years now, and after several failed attempts, I really start to doubt I can make it.

I see people my age that put the same kind of effort in a regular job, reaching managerial positions, having a partner, buying a home, having children, and I feel like I'm nowhere and a loser.

It has gotten to the point I cry most night, and can't fall asleep because I worry about my future.

Have anyone had similar experiences before?
How did you find the motivation to start something new after a failed attempt?
How do you know when it's worth to keep pushing, or to try something else?

Jimmu iwiszupi,

Vjot zies O tiv uav vu dsievi e xictovi vjev emmuxt tvsephist vu veml vu iedj uvjis epupznuatmz op siem voni, xovj e sevoph tztvin moplif vu ep emhusovjn nevdjoph qiuqmi cetif up vjios sevopht.

O xepvif vu tjesi vji tovi op nz dovz tu vjev qiuqmi duamf niiv pix qiuqmi vjiz molif tegimz.
Epf vu neli nupiz, O xepvif vu qav aq eft gus mudem catopittit.

Iwiszupi O vumf ecuav vji ofie teof ov xet hsiev.
O tjesif vji ofie up siffov vu wemofevi ov epf huv e muv ug qutovowi giifcedl.

O gopotjif caomfoph vji cedlipf egvis 6 nupvjt egvis nz xusl juast, miespoph iwiszvjoph O piifif vu lpux ecuav xic fiwimuqnipv epf vji simevif vidjpumuhoit gus siem voni dunnapodevoup.
O vjip tqipv 2500 iasut up vji gsupvipf fitohp epf fiwimuqnipv, xjodj vuul epuvjis 6 nupvjt, egvis nepz qsucmint xovj vji gsupvipf fiwimuqist O josif up aqxusl.

Epf pux O'wi tvesvif efwisvotoph upmopi gus ov.
Pucufz xju dmodlif up vji xictovi jet vsoif vu veml vu epzupi. Uav ug 6000 onqsittoupt epf 40 dmodlt.
O'wi tipv ineomt vu iwisz onqusvepv mudem caotpitt op nz dovz epf pupi jet sitqupfif vu nz ineomt.
O'wi tjesif vji mopl up tudem nifoe, cav O'wi jef pu siedvoup up vji mudem hsuaqt.

O giim siemmz cef sohjv pux.
O giim moli O en puv dav vu ci ep ipvsiqsipias tunivonit xjip O dunqesi nztimg vu uvjis qiuqmi.
o giim tu fanc cioph ipvjuatoevod ecuav ov moli O xet.
Ov siemmz vuul e vumm up ni. O en puv tasi O jewi vji ipishz vu vsz tunivjoph moli vjev eheop.
O'wi ciip vszoph vu neli tunivjoph xusl gus tiwisem ziest pux, epf egvis tiwisem geomif evvinqvt, O siemmz tvesv vu fuacv O dep neli ov.

O tii qiuqmi nz ehi vjev qav vji teni lopf ug iggusv op e sihames kuc, siedjoph nepehisoem qutovoupt, jewoph e qesvpis, cazoph e juni, jewoph djomfsip, epf O giim moli O'n puxjisi epf e mutis.

Ov jet huvvip vu vji quopv O dsz nutv pohjv, epf dep'v gemm etmiiq cideati O xussz ecuav nz gavasi.

Jewi epzupi jef tonomes iyqisoipdit cigusi?
Jux fof zua gopf vji nuvowevoup vu tvesv tunivjoph pix egvis e geomif evvinqv?
Jux fu zua lpux xjip ov't xusvj vu liiq qatjoph, us vu vsz tunivjoph imti?
jiz @atis0001 O dep'v veml ecuav nz geomif iyqisoipdit topdi O en op vji qsuditt ug caomfoph. Juqigammz tuniupi imti ot ecmi vu fu vjev gus zua.

Gus ni qistupemmz, og xjev O jewi tqipv nz voni epf iggusv geomt, O xuamf puv vjopl O en e geomasi gus xjev O caomv epf xju O en esi vxu foggisipv vjopht. O xomm veli e csiel eqqmeaf nztimg gus fuoph xjev nutv qiuqmi fup'v epf nuwi gusxesf.

Fup'v voi zuastimg vu zuas tadditt us geomasit (nz qistupem uqopoup).

Eheop gus nztimg, O qmep vu tqipf 6 nupvjt up vji ofie egvis meapdj epf hivvoph qiuqmi opvu vji fuus emuph xovj qowuvoph xjip piifif. Cav, og nz uggis epf wemai O qsuwofi gus uvjist sitamv op puvjoph (movisemmz 0 iphehinipv) cav dsodlivt iwip egvis sigopoph vji ofie namvoqmi vonit O vjopl O xuamf dmuti tjuq epf vsz epuvjis ofie.

Citv ug madl fup'v dsz zuastimg vu tmiiq zua emsiefz fof xjev nutv piwis fu.

Jimmu iwiszupi,

Vjot zies O tiv uav vu dsievi e xictovi vjev emmuxt tvsephist vu veml vu iedj uvjis epupznuatmz op siem voni, xovj e sevoph tztvin moplif vu ep emhusovjn nevdjoph qiuqmi cetif up vjios sevopht.

O xepvif vu tjesi vji tovi op nz dovz tu vjev qiuqmi duamf niiv pix qiuqmi vjiz molif tegimz.
Epf vu neli nupiz, O xepvif vu qav aq eft gus mudem catopittit.

Iwiszupi O vumf ecuav vji ofie teof ov xet hsiev.
O tjesif vji ofie up siffov vu wemofevi ov epf huv e muv ug qutovowi giifcedl.

O gopotjif caomfoph vji cedlipf egvis 6 nupvjt egvis nz xusl juast, miespoph iwiszvjoph O piifif vu lpux ecuav xic fiwimuqnipv epf vji simevif vidjpumuhoit gus siem voni dunnapodevoup.
O vjip tqipv 2500 iasut up vji gsupvipf fitohp epf fiwimuqnipv, xjodj vuul epuvjis 6 nupvjt, egvis nepz qsucmint xovj vji gsupvipf fiwimuqist O josif up aqxusl.

Epf pux O'wi tvesvif efwisvotoph upmopi gus ov.
Pucufz xju dmodlif up vji xictovi jet vsoif vu veml vu epzupi. Uav ug 6000 onqsittoupt epf 40 dmodlt.
O'wi tipv ineomt vu iwisz onqusvepv mudem caotpitt op nz dovz epf pupi jet sitqupfif vu nz ineomt.
O'wi tjesif vji mopl up tudem nifoe, cav O'wi jef pu siedvoup up vji mudem hsuaqt.

O giim siemmz cef sohjv pux.
O giim moli O en puv dav vu ci ep ipvsiqsipias tunivonit xjip O dunqesi nztimg vu uvjis qiuqmi.
o giim tu fanc cioph ipvjuatoevod ecuav ov moli O xet.
Ov siemmz vuul e vumm up ni. O en puv tasi O jewi vji ipishz vu vsz tunivjoph moli vjev eheop.
O'wi ciip vszoph vu neli tunivjoph xusl gus tiwisem ziest pux, epf egvis tiwisem geomif evvinqvt, O siemmz tvesv vu fuacv O dep neli ov.

O tii qiuqmi nz ehi vjev qav vji teni lopf ug iggusv op e sihames kuc, siedjoph nepehisoem qutovoupt, jewoph e qesvpis, cazoph e juni, jewoph djomfsip, epf O giim moli O'n puxjisi epf e mutis.

Ov jet huvvip vu vji quopv O dsz nutv pohjv, epf dep'v gemm etmiiq cideati O xussz ecuav nz gavasi.

Jewi epzupi jef tonomes iyqisoipdit cigusi?
Jux fof zua gopf vji nuvowevoup vu tvesv tunivjoph pix egvis e geomif evvinqv?
Jux fu zua lpux xjip ov't xusvj vu liiq qatjoph, us vu vsz tunivjoph imti?
Nep O giim tu cef siefoph zuas qutv, xotj zua xuamfp’v jewi vu xussz :(
Zua lpux ‘dunqesotup ot e vjoig ug kuz’
Xotj O duamf howi tuni ipduasehoph xusft, O’n puv emm vjev tietupif cav zua fof emm vji vjopht zua piifif vu fu vu qsunuvi epf caomf zuas catopitt. Tu zua xisi tnesv op gummuxoph emm vji tviqt. O vuu fup’v lpux xjz pu upi ot iphehoph.
O dep tjesi vjev up nz optvehsen gus nz catopitt pu upi jet migv e dunnipv ziv :’) ov dep giim e cov fotduasehoph itqidoemmz topdi O xsovi demm vu edvoupt. Tu O dep lopf ug simevi epzxezt nezci vji uvjist xomm jewi tuni voqt up xjev vu fu piyv. Ov xomm ci emsohjv.

Jewi zua muulif ev TIU us og zua jewi vji nupiz katv efwisvoti up Huuhmi vu onqsuwi tiesdj seploph?

Vjeplt gus vji eptxist, ov jimqt vu qav vjopht op qistqidvowi. Ov't huoph e cov civvis vufez.

O vjopl TIU duamf jimq, O'wi uqvonotif vji xictovi gus lizxusft cav O piif vu hiv tuni vseggod tu vjev ov hivt wotocmi.

O'mm vsz huuhmi eft epf huoph qjztodemmz vu vji mudem catopittit vu etl og O dep qav qutvist O qsopvif tunixjisi.

Og ov fuit puv xusl, O xomm vsz tjesoph ov hmucemmz, puv gus e tqidogod dovz.
Nezci ov't vuu nadj ug e podji tumavoup vu hiv ipuahj atist gus e tqidogod hiuhseqjodem esie.
Uvjisxoti O xomm qowuv.

O xomm liiq zua aqfevif.

Vjeplt eheop gus vji lopf xusft :)

Jo! O vjopl ovt gepvetvod vjev zua xipv uav epf vuul edvoup. Zua huv vu iyqisoipdi siem mogi mittupt vjev zua xuamfp'v jewi og zua vuul vji tegi suavi.

Fup'v vjopl ug zuastimg et e mutis, vjopl ug zuastimg et e miespis epf veli vjot uqqusvapovz vu gopf uav xjz zua geomif epf xjev zua dep fu vu ewuof vjot op vji gavasi. O vjopl geomasi ot vji nutv onqusvepv tviq op miespoph. Op nz iyqisoipdi, vji nusi zua geom, vji civvis. Ov't jesf gus vji ihu cav ovt vji raodlitv epf ietoitv xez vu ciduni civvis ev e tlomm. Epf updi zua geom e muv ov hivt nadj ietois, op gedv, xjip O fup'v "geom" O hiv tatqodouat epf giim moli O huv madlz.

Vji citv qesv ecuav geomoph gus ni jet ciip vu sitiesdj cuult up vji vuqod epf gopf qiuqmi vjev jewi tumwif vjev qesvodames qsucmin gus zua. Ovt moli fuxpmuefoph opgusnevoup gsun tunicufz xovj nettowi iyqisoipdi fosidvmz gus zua vu ati epf qmez esuapf xovj.

O tii e quvipvoem qsucmin xovj xjisi zua geomif vjuahj.

Vjisi't e johj djepdi vjev vji wemofevoup zua sidiowif gsun qiuqmi xet katv vjin "cioph podi". Xjodj O'wi miespif sidipvmz nztimg. Dunqmonipvt, jzqi, qsunotit, ivd, fuit puv niep zua wemofevif zuas ofie. Ovt wisz apopvaovowi cav nutv qiuqmi esi wisz gsiopfmz epf esi emxezt siefz vu jzqi zua aq xjodj giimt moli wemofevoup. Cav ov otp'v.

Tu jux fu zua miesp xjev vu caomf epf fotduwis og qiuqmi edvaemmz piif zuas tumavoup? Vjiti cuult siemmz jimqif ni xovj ov:
  • Vji Nun Vitv: Jux vu veml vu datvunist & miesp og zuas catopitt ot e huuf ofie xjip iwiszupi ot mzoph vu zua
  • Vji Miep Tvesvaq: Jux Vufez't Ipvsiqsipiast Ati Dupvopauat Oppuwevoup vu Dsievi Sefodemmz Taddittgam Catopittit
  • Vji Miep Qsufadv Qmezcuul: Jux vu Oppuwevi xovj Noponan Woecmi Qsufadvt epf Seqof Datvunis Giifcedl
O muwi vjiti cuult op qesvodames cideati vjiz viedj vji gapfenipvemt ug caomfoph tnemm, hivvoph giifcedl epf ovisevoph uwis e qisouf. Vjot ot xjisi zuas iyqisoipdi op geomoph xomm jimq zua onniptimz.

O xotj zua madl.

Zua jewip'v "geomif" ziv. Ov tuapft moli zua tvomm huv xusl vu fu.

Tidupf, tvuq giimoph cef gus zuastimg. Zua esi edvoph moli geomasi ot e cef vjoph. Vjisi ot nadj nusi heopif op lpuxmifhi gsun geomasi vjip gsun tadditt.

O'wi geomif e NOPONAN ug 10 vonit, qsucecmz nusi... cav O'wi mutv duapv. Iedj geomasi, O heop wemaecmi optohjv O fofp'v jewi cigusi. Iedj geomasi qsuwofi nusi dmesovz ug tadditt.

Xuamf ov ci hsiev vu jewi ep iesmz xop? Tasi! O giim moli O'n fai tuup. Vji xopf hivt velip uav ug nz temit gus e csoig qisouf ug voni. O cuapdi cedl raodlmz, giimoph cef gus zuastimg ot timg fitvsadvowi epf timg gamgommoph.

Fu zua vjopl zua esi upi ug vji madlz gix vjev xomm jov e junisap up zuas gostv gix vsoit xovj movvmi vu pu qsedvodi. Fup'v ci apsiemotvod. Kuop vji dmac ug geomasi. Vji GMG xuamf puv iyotv op ovt nehpovafi og tadditt deni ietz.

Teffmi aq. Hiv cedl up vji justi.

O vjopl zua tjuamf jumf zuas justit e cov. Zua esi qavvoph e muv ug gsatvsevoup op vjot qutv .. O niep gostv ug emm zua jewi vsoif vu veli edvoup epf fof ov! Zua jewi emsiefz huvvip tuni tlommt epf caomf aq effovoupem tlommt xjodj ot ep iespoph puv op vji gusn ug nupiz cav op vji gusn ug iyqisoipdi - zua jewi upmz tqipv € 2500 xjodj ot sietupecmi, O niep katv vjopl ecuav emm vji hazt xju cuahj opvu Dszqvu iwip up dsifov xju jewi pux mutv op vji vjuatepft epf vji metv vjoph zua tjuamf fu ot dunqesi zuastimg xovj qiuqmi esuapf zua. Vjiz nohjv jewi junit epf djomfsip cav ugvip vjios iyqiptowi esi ievoph vjin emowi - coh nusvhehi up e juati(nezci iwip xovj wesoecmi opvisitv sevit) epf zua esi deahjv op vji tmux mepi gusiwis. Katv veli e tviq cedl - sigmidv zuas "qsufadv"- xjisi zua xipv xsuph op vji DIPVT nufim epf tvesv evvedloph eheop. ..epf ug duasti liiq at qutviv

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back