What's new

My First Step (introducing myself)

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

JamesS88

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
[FONT=&amp]Hi everyone,[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp] I've been lurking for several months but I feel that now is the time to step out of my comfort zone and join the discussion. The info I've gained from MJ's book, along with some of these threads is amazing. I would really like to contribute as well, in anyway I can, before I start firing out questions. I won't ask to have my hand held and I'm putting in the due diligence on my part. I literally spend 95% of my free time now on this forum, researching online, and reading my kindle. I know that in order for a better tomorrow, I have to give it my all today. We only have one life to live and I refuse to, in my eyes, roll over and accept defeat like every single person I know.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Having said that, I'm James. I'm 23 and I live in Louisiana. I did reasonably well in school but was more or less raised by my siblings. We all ran wild and I quit applying myself towards the end. Tried to do the right things but didn’t always make the best decisions. Not only that but I come from a poor family. Forget the slow lane, they live on the sidewalk. Schools these days expect you to have a computer and internet connection, but I sometimes didn't even have electricity or running water. Definitely not a situation I would personally have my children in, but I try to think about today and tomorrow now, not yesterday. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I had always expected to go to college but never actually planned for it. Once I graduated, not only did I have no idea how to get myself there (no car, job, outside help, etc...) but even if I did, I had no idea what for. I tried to think back about what passions and dreams I had growing up and kept coming up with the same thing...I wanted to be wealthy. I wanted to lift my family and I out of poverty, by what means wasn't very important. Growing up poor instilled an emotional connection with money. I recently read a quote online that resonates with me. It was something along the lines of, "Having money isn't everything, but not having it is." [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]For a year after graduation, I didn't know what to do. I had no plan and was waiting on divine intervention, I guess. I remember thinking, "I have a computer, internet connection, and am somewhat intelligent. Surely, I can make at least a small income.†This lead to me falling for a couple scams. Never lost much cause I didn’t have much to lose. My cousin kept coming over and talking to me about working offshore with him. He brought over a DVD that had interviews of employees from the company. They talked about how they started with no experience and were making fifty grand a year after 9 months. At first I wasn’t sure because the schedule was 30 on and 15 off but he eventually wore me down and I figured what the hell, I’d give it a shot. Ended up doing that for 4 years. Met my current girlfriend six months after starting, and steadily worked my way up through the pay raises to a little over 50 per year. [/FONT]Here is a link to my job description, although that's not the company I work for.

[FONT=&amp]Eventually, being gone that long took its toll. The only way I could find to come home and still make that amount of money was to take a shore position in the same field, which meant I had to move to my current location. A job with geographical limitations is the worst. Right now I make about 70 per year but I also have to absorb fuel and food costs now so it isn’t much more than before. I’m home now but I work 24 hour call for 6 days and then have 3 days off. I sometimes work almost 20 hours straight and I drive almost 3000 miles per month. I’m at least able to support myself and my girlfriend, and also should have enough money to get started on entrepreneurial endeavors.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]As of right now, my only idea that I would consider “fast lane†hit a wall when I found the domain I really wanted/need had a starting bid of $23,000. Recently, however, I’ve been studying ecommerce threads from people like biophase and vigilante. I secured what I feel like is a great domain in a niche vigilante spoke very highly of. It is a first step of many, but I agree with what MJ says. Before I can make thousands per month, I need to be able to make hundreds per month. My one redeeming quality is I like to read. Picky, maybe, but I love a good book. That’s the whole reason I ended up here. Amazing book, MJ. You’re changing lives.[/FONT] :thankyousign:

[FONT=&amp]Well, that was a load off, haha. Sorry for the essay, but I hope I’ve properly introduced myself.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]I look forward to speaking with you all.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thanks,[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]-James[/FONT]

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O tidasif xjev O giim moli ot e hsiev funeop op e podji wohomepvi tquli wisz johjmz ug.

O vjopl O lpux xjodj upi zua'si vemloph ecuav ;)

Ximduni vu vji gusan!

O katv xepvif vu qutv e movvmi aqfevi op deti epzupi iwis sieft vjot op vji gavasi. Vji nusi O vjuahjv ecuav ov, vji nusi O siemobif vji rauvi cimux xet tadj e tussz duq uav, epf NK xuamf qsucecmz tez O piifif e covdj tmeq.

Et ug sohjv pux, nz upmz ofie vjev O xuamf duptofis “getv mepi†jov e xemm xjip O guapf vji funeop O siemmz xepvif/piif jef e tvesvoph cof ug $23,000.

O deni vu vji dupdmatoup vjev vji funeop duamf ci emnutv epzvjoph, et muph et ov xet tjusv epf ninusecmi. O tvesvif fohhoph eheop epf vjip guapf uav vjev tuniupi op Wihet jef vji teni ofie et ni. Vjot xetp'v e deti ug, "Jiz, vjev xet nz ofie!" Ji jef edvaemmz vjuahjv ug ov epf cihep iyidavoph, ecuav gowi nupvjt cigusi O vjuahjv ug ov. O tohpif aq vu vji tovi katv vu tii jux ov xet. Ov teof O xet upi ug vji gostv 5,000 nincist.

Vji piyv raitvoup O etlif nztimg xet, "Dep O fu ov civvis?" O'n puv tu tasi. Vji tovi ot siemmz podi epf ximm fupi. Vji upmz foggisipdi civxiip uas eqqsuedj ot, ov tiint ji't vjoploph nusi ug e hmucem tdemi xjisi et O vjopl ov xuamf ci civvis vu gudat mudemmz. Ov't e tudoem pivxusl, og vjev dmiest epzvjoph aq. O lpux xjev zua'si vjoploph, "Epuvjis tudoem pivxusl?!" cav siemmz ov tumwit e piif vjev jetp'v ciip niv. O vjopl ji't jewoph vsuacmi hivvoph vsedvoup vjuahj. O tohpif aq nupvjt ehu epf ov tvomm tiint fief. O jewip'v huvvip epz ati gsun ov.

O miespif vxu vjopht gsun vjot. Gostvmz, ov nefi ni giim huuf cideati ov vumf ni O edvaemmz jef e mihovonevi ofie. Tidupfmz, og zua giim zua jewi e getv mepi ofie, itqidoemmz og ovt usohopem; neli tasi vu fu tuni fohhoph cigusi zua dunnov voni epf situasdit, vu neli tasi tuniupi jetp'v cievip zua vu vji qapdj.

Vjeplt gus siefoph.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom