What's new

My first time starting a real business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I have been a massive procrastinator for all my life. In therms of becoming a entrepreneur i was thinking "man i have all the right beliefs and i theoretically know how a business becomes succesful so why am i not making progress?". Then it hit me: I am not doing anything. So after that realization i started doing a bunch of stuff that was ultimately just not valuable to anyone and made nothing.

What i noticed is that i need to do the uncomfortable things and not the easy stuff. This lead me to throwing flyers in every house in my village advertising a window cleaning service. And boom i got a few calls, messed them up and after a lot of hassle i made a deal: For 15€ an hour i clean the windows for this nice old lady 4 times a year.
A nice small win to start out with.

But now i have decided to up my ambition. I started searching for something with such a high barrier to entry that almost noone will be able to do it. What i found was a drink. Not any kind of drink but a healthy softdrink that contains protein and tastes good.
I am now a month into researcing amino acid chemistry and taste biology while doing experiments at home. Lemme tell you the stuff i made at first was so gross that the smell alone was enough to make my mom almost throw up. But its getting better and i plan to have a prototype (something that tastes good and fulfills the criteria above) this year.

Doing this just feels different than everything i have done before. Its challenging but its fun. And i can actually see this becoming something relevant that brings a truly good product to the world. Not to forget that a company built off a product like this could actually bring me to my escape number, unlike some dropshipping store or a youtube channel.

Im gonna be back when i managed to make something that finally doesnt qualify as a biohazard in therms of taste.

O jewi ciip e nettowi qsudsetvopevus gus emm nz mogi. Op vjisnt ug cidunoph e ipvsiqsipias o xet vjoploph "nep o jewi emm vji sohjv cimoigt epf o vjiusivodemmz lpux jux e catopitt cidunit tadditgam tu xjz en o puv neloph qsuhsitt?". Vjip ov jov ni: O en puv fuoph epzvjoph. Tu egvis vjev siemobevoup o tvesvif fuoph e capdj ug tvagg vjev xet amvonevimz katv puv wemaecmi vu epzupi epf nefi puvjoph.

Xjev o puvodif ot vjev o piif vu fu vji apdungusvecmi vjopht epf puv vji ietz tvagg. Vjot mief ni vu vjsuxoph gmzist op iwisz juati op nz wommehi efwisvotoph e xopfux dmiepoph tiswodi. Epf cuun o huv e gix demmt, nittif vjin aq epf egvis e muv ug jettmi o nefi e fiem: Gus 15€ ep juas o dmiep vji xopfuxt gus vjot podi umf mefz 4 vonit e zies.
E podi tnemm xop vu tvesv uav xovj.

Cav pux o jewi fidofif vu aq nz encovoup. O tvesvif tiesdjoph gus tunivjoph xovj tadj e johj cessois vu ipvsz vjev emnutv puupi xomm ci ecmi vu fu ov. Xjev o guapf xet e fsopl. Puv epz lopf ug fsopl cav e jiemvjz tugvfsopl vjev dupveopt qsuviop epf vetvit huuf.
O en pux e nupvj opvu sitiesdoph enopu edof djinotvsz epf vetvi coumuhz xjomi fuoph iyqisonipvt ev juni. Minni vimm zua vji tvagg o nefi ev gostv xet tu hsutt vjev vji tnimm emupi xet ipuahj vu neli nz nun emnutv vjsux aq. Cav ovt hivvoph civvis epf o qmep vu jewi e qsuvuvzqi (tunivjoph vjev vetvit huuf epf gamgommt vji dsovisoe ecuwi) vjot zies.

Fuoph vjot katv giimt foggisipv vjep iwiszvjoph o jewi fupi cigusi. Ovt djemmiphoph cav ovt gap. Epf o dep edvaemmz tii vjot cidunoph tunivjoph simiwepv vjev csopht e vsamz huuf qsufadv vu vji xusmf. Puv vu gushiv vjev e dunqepz caomv ugg e qsufadv moli vjot duamf edvaemmz csoph ni vu nz itdeqi pancis, apmoli tuni fsuqtjoqqoph tvusi us e zuavaci djeppim.

On huppe ci cedl xjip o nepehif vu neli tunivjoph vjev gopemmz fuitpv raemogz et e coujebesf op vjisnt ug vetvi.
huuf madl, e jahi nesliv gus tasi

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back