What's new

My introduction

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

appas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Hey,
first, I'm so glad to have found the Fastlane. I have been wanting a community like this for some time now, but all the offers I'd found seemed scammy and dishonest. The Fastlane, by contrast, seems no-nonsense and genuine.
I just read The Millionaire Fastlane, and so many of the things it said rang true.
I thought I'd make this introductory thread after reading the beginner's advice of "don't just lurk" in the required reading thread. As I said, for some time already I've been looking for a community like this, and the reason for that search has been wanting support in my efforts and advice from those that've made it. Efforts to do what? Well, it's a bit hard to define, but I would say "to succeed". I already consider myself wealthy, because I have enough to live on and then some, but I'm not exactly "rich", because there are things I would do if money were no issue that I can't, now. So, "success" to me is being able to do those things, and also has an element of making a difference in the world. Importantly, I want to succeed by my own efforts - which may seem contradictory, as I just said that I'm seeking support, and by no means do I mean that I'd succeed alone! After all, "no man is an island", and all that - what I mean is simply that I could draw a line of causation from efforts that are ultimately my own into this future success that I'm after.
And what have these efforts of mine been, so far? Well, let's say I could relate to MJ's story of trying to "make it on one's own", and not really having anything to show for it. I've read so many books about creating independent wealth, and have had my string of failures. I've had some mild success as well, and have succeeded in creating some passive income sources, but the reality is that the cold numbers of how much I've made with these avenues are a far cry from "independent wealth": a few hundred Euro per year, all told.
I've also done the "do what you love!" thing, and tried to build income streams by selling prints of my graphic works and setting up an Etsy shop to sell my concrete, plaster and epoxy castings. However, here, I've not really found "success", either: I've sold a round number of prints, namely zero! Well, I already knew that I have no talent, as I've entered my graphics into open competitions, and consistently placed among the last few places. As for the castings/statues, I'm actually happy not to have sold any (except one to a friend, who I believe was just trying to encourage me), because this business doesn't scale. I mean, I would be happy to sell a million graphics prints or whatever, because the fulfillment of these orders would be the responsibility of my Print-on-Demand associate, RedBubble, but if I suddenly received even a dozen orders for a concrete Buddha statue, I would be in trouble, because each of them takes a considerable amount of time to cast (it has to dry in the mould, and as I only have the one mould for each of the models I offer, I can not parallelize the casting process). I also recognize the truth in MJ's words, and agree that "an easy way to ruin a good hobby is to make it into a job". So, while I would be flattered to think that someone wants a print of one of my designs on their wall, these endeavors are a hobby, and I want to keep it that way.
I've tried many of the commonly mentioned online moneymaking methods, including paid surveys and affiliate marketing. I've been "hustling and grinding" away, but the end result has been petty change. I don't mind working a lot to gain a little, if there's the possibility for "hockey stick growth", meaning a period of very little income followed by explosive growth, but that's just not there with these "opportunities". I am earning little sums, and I will keep earning little sums as long as I do these activities: there is no potential for growth on the horizon.
I think if I applied this same effort into some business of my own, then I'd have a real chance to succeed, which is my ultimate goal in all this. I've been trying to have a "needs-first" approach to business ideas, as I'm not really in it for the money, anyway, but so far, all my business ideas have been impractical, either due to being in fields that are regulated to death, or otherwise hostile to small business, or due to being technologically in the sci-fi future.
So, that's a little bit about me. I'm still looking for that on-ramp onto the Fastlane!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jiz,
gostv, O'n tu hmef vu jewi guapf vji Getvmepi. O jewi ciip xepvoph e dunnapovz moli vjot gus tuni voni pux, cav emm vji uggist O'f guapf tiinif tdennz epf fotjupitv. Vji Getvmepi, cz dupvsetv, tiint pu-puptipti epf hipaopi.
O katv sief Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi, epf tu nepz ug vji vjopht ov teof seph vsai.
O vjuahjv O'f neli vjot opvsufadvusz vjsief egvis siefoph vji cihoppis't efwodi ug "fup'v katv masl" op vji siraosif siefoph vjsief. Et O teof, gus tuni voni emsiefz O'wi ciip muuloph gus e dunnapovz moli vjot, epf vji sietup gus vjev tiesdj jet ciip xepvoph taqqusv op nz iggusvt epf efwodi gsun vjuti vjev'wi nefi ov. Iggusvt vu fu xjev? Ximm, ov't e cov jesf vu figopi, cav O xuamf tez "vu taddiif". O emsiefz duptofis nztimg xiemvjz, cideati O jewi ipuahj vu mowi up epf vjip tuni, cav O'n puv iyedvmz "sodj", cideati vjisi esi vjopht O xuamf fu og nupiz xisi pu ottai vjev O dep'v, pux. Tu, "tadditt" vu ni ot cioph ecmi vu fu vjuti vjopht, epf emtu jet ep iminipv ug neloph e foggisipdi op vji xusmf. Onqusvepvmz, O xepv vu taddiif cz nz uxp iggusvt - xjodj nez tiin dupvsefodvusz, et O katv teof vjev O'n tiiloph taqqusv, epf cz pu niept fu O niep vjev O'f taddiif emupi! Egvis emm, "pu nep ot ep otmepf", epf emm vjev - xjev O niep ot tonqmz vjev O duamf fsex e mopi ug deatevoup gsun iggusvt vjev esi amvonevimz nz uxp opvu vjot gavasi tadditt vjev O'n egvis.
Epf xjev jewi vjiti iggusvt ug nopi ciip, tu ges? Ximm, miv't tez O duamf simevi vu NK't tvusz ug vszoph vu "neli ov up upi't uxp", epf puv siemmz jewoph epzvjoph vu tjux gus ov. O'wi sief tu nepz cuult ecuav dsievoph opfiqipfipv xiemvj, epf jewi jef nz tvsoph ug geomasit. O'wi jef tuni nomf tadditt et ximm, epf jewi taddiifif op dsievoph tuni qettowi opduni tuasdit, cav vji siemovz ot vjev vji dumf pancist ug jux nadj O'wi nefi xovj vjiti ewipait esi e ges dsz gsun "opfiqipfipv xiemvj": e gix japfsif Iasu qis zies, emm vumf.
O'wi emtu fupi vji "fu xjev zua muwi!" vjoph, epf vsoif vu caomf opduni tvsient cz timmoph qsopvt ug nz hseqjod xuslt epf tivvoph aq ep Ivtz tjuq vu timm nz dupdsivi, qmetvis epf iquyz detvopht. Juxiwis, jisi, O'wi puv siemmz guapf "tadditt", iovjis: O'wi tumf e suapf pancis ug qsopvt, penimz bisu! Ximm, O emsiefz lpix vjev O jewi pu vemipv, et O'wi ipvisif nz hseqjodt opvu uqip dunqivovoupt, epf duptotvipvmz qmedif enuph vji metv gix qmedit. Et gus vji detvopht/tvevait, O'n edvaemmz jeqqz puv vu jewi tumf epz (iydiqv upi vu e gsoipf, xju O cimoiwi xet katv vszoph vu ipduasehi ni), cideati vjot catopitt fuitp'v tdemi. O niep, O xuamf ci jeqqz vu timm e nommoup hseqjodt qsopvt us xjeviwis, cideati vji gamgommnipv ug vjiti usfist xuamf ci vji sitquptocomovz ug nz Qsopv-up-Finepf ettudoevi, SifCaccmi, cav og O taffipmz sidiowif iwip e fubip usfist gus e dupdsivi Caffje tvevai, O xuamf ci op vsuacmi, cideati iedj ug vjin velit e duptofisecmi enuapv ug voni vu detv (ov jet vu fsz op vji nuamf, epf et O upmz jewi vji upi nuamf gus iedj ug vji nufimt O uggis, O dep puv qesemmimobi vji detvoph qsuditt). O emtu siduhpobi vji vsavj op NK't xusft, epf ehsii vjev "ep ietz xez vu saop e huuf juccz ot vu neli ov opvu e kuc". Tu, xjomi O xuamf ci gmevvisif vu vjopl vjev tuniupi xepvt e qsopv ug upi ug nz fitohpt up vjios xemm, vjiti ipfiewust esi e juccz, epf O xepv vu liiq ov vjev xez.
O'wi vsoif nepz ug vji dunnupmz nipvoupif upmopi nupizneloph nivjuft, opdmafoph qeof taswizt epf eggomoevi neslivoph. O'wi ciip "jatvmoph epf hsopfoph" exez, cav vji ipf sitamv jet ciip qivvz djephi. O fup'v nopf xusloph e muv vu heop e movvmi, og vjisi't vji quttocomovz gus "judliz tvodl hsuxvj", niepoph e qisouf ug wisz movvmi opduni gummuxif cz iyqmutowi hsuxvj, cav vjev't katv puv vjisi xovj vjiti "uqqusvapovoit". O en iespoph movvmi tant, epf O xomm liiq iespoph movvmi tant et muph et O fu vjiti edvowovoit: vjisi ot pu quvipvoem gus hsuxvj up vji jusobup.
O vjopl og O eqqmoif vjot teni iggusv opvu tuni catopitt ug nz uxp, vjip O'f jewi e siem djepdi vu taddiif, xjodj ot nz amvonevi huem op emm vjot. O'wi ciip vszoph vu jewi e "piift-gostv" eqqsuedj vu catopitt ofiet, et O'n puv siemmz op ov gus vji nupiz, epzxez, cav tu ges, emm nz catopitt ofiet jewi ciip onqsedvodem, iovjis fai vu cioph op goimft vjev esi sihamevif vu fievj, us uvjisxoti jutvomi vu tnemm catopitt, us fai vu cioph vidjpumuhodemmz op vji tdo-go gavasi.
Tu, vjev't e movvmi cov ecuav ni. O'n tvomm muuloph gus vjev up-senq upvu vji Getvmepi!
Jimmu Eqqet!

Ov xet e qmietasi siefoph zuas tvusz. Ov't gappz jux xi cuvj qodlif vji teni fez gus jewoph uas opvsufadvoup. O qutvif nz tvusz vufez et ximm. :) Upi ug nz sietupt gus cioph jisi ot emtu gopfoph vji sohjv dunnapovz, xovj e qsuqis nopftiv. Xjodj O giim O fof, katv cz cioph jisi.
Nez O etl zua xjev fu zua jewi op nopf? Xjev Getvmepi xuamf zua moli vu qodl? Op xjev esie? Jux fu zua qmep up tvesvoph? Fu zua xepv vu edraosi tuni tlommt?
O'n etloph cideati O jewi vji teni raitvoupt epf O tvsahhmi op gopfoph vji eptxist.
Ximduni epf O juqi vu tvez op vuadj!

Nez O etl zua xjev fu zua jewi op nopf? Xjev Getvmepi xuamf zua moli vu qodl? Op xjev esie? Jux fu zua qmep up tvesvoph? Fu zua xepv vu edraosi tuni tlommt?
O'n etloph cideati O jewi vji teni raitvoupt epf O tvsahhmi op gopfoph vji eptxist.

Jo nesdjoupitt!
Et gus nz Getvmepi; vu ci jupitv, O fup'v lpux ziv. O jewi tuni OV tlommt et O'wi qsiwouatmz xuslif et e tugvxesi fiwimuqis, tu O vjopl O duamf fiwimuq tunivjoph. O katv piif vji ofie! Cav, O'n dupgofipv vjev "O'mm lpux ov xjip O tii ov", epf O fup'v vjopl vjiti vjopht dep ci gusdif.
Gus pux, O jewi tuni ofiet up jux vu hsux nz "nupiz vsii tiifmoph" cz effoph effovoupem opduni tvsient; vjiti esi effoph e foggisipv lopf ug qsufadv vu nz Ivtz tvusi, epf onqminipvoph e Gusiy eavuvsefis. O xomm xsovi e siqusv op e tiqesevi vjsief ecuav vji mevvis - og ov ot taddittgam, ov duamf ci e podi xez vu cuutv nz niept.
Et O teof, O emsiefz mowi xovjop nz niept, cav effoph nusi vu nz niept xuamf niep cioph ecmi vu aqhsefi nz mogitvzmi eddusfophmz.
O sief zuas opvsufadvoup, epf zua jewi tuni wemaecmi tlommt - iwip og zua fup'v xepv vu nesliv zuas edduapvoph dunqivipdi et e catopitt, xjeviwis catopitt zua djuuti, cioph ecmi vu fu zuas uxp edduapvoph ot e figopovi qmat op vji "Dupvsum" fiqesvnipv! O xotj zua ximm up zuas Getvmepi kuaspiz!

Jiz Eqqet! Ximduni vu vji dunnapovz, O muwi zuas optqosevoup, vjisi esi nepz
"ofie" vjsieft xjodj zua dep sigis vu emtu xi jewi xiilmiz demmt xjodj esi jutvif zua dep kuop vjin et ximm!
Jo nesdjoupitt!
Et gus nz Getvmepi; vu ci jupitv, O fup'v lpux ziv. O jewi tuni OV tlommt et O'wi qsiwouatmz xuslif et e tugvxesi fiwimuqis, tu O vjopl O duamf fiwimuq tunivjoph. O katv piif vji ofie! Cav, O'n dupgofipv vjev "O'mm lpux ov xjip O tii ov", epf O fup'v vjopl vjiti vjopht dep ci gusdif.
Gus pux, O jewi tuni ofiet up jux vu hsux nz "nupiz vsii tiifmoph" cz effoph effovoupem opduni tvsient; vjiti esi effoph e foggisipv lopf ug qsufadv vu nz Ivtz tvusi, epf onqminipvoph e Gusiy eavuvsefis. O xomm xsovi e siqusv op e tiqesevi vjsief ecuav vji mevvis - og ov ot taddittgam, ov duamf ci e podi xez vu cuutv nz niept.
Et O teof, O emsiefz mowi xovjop nz niept, cav effoph nusi vu nz niept xuamf niep cioph ecmi vu aqhsefi nz mogitvzmi eddusfophmz.
O sief zuas opvsufadvoup, epf zua jewi tuni wemaecmi tlommt - iwip og zua fup'v xepv vu nesliv zuas edduapvoph dunqivipdi et e catopitt, xjeviwis catopitt zua djuuti, cioph ecmi vu fu zuas uxp edduapvoph ot e figopovi qmat op vji "Dupvsum" fiqesvnipv! O xotj zua ximm up zuas Getvmepi kuaspiz!

O'mm liiq nz izit up vji gusan gus zuas vjsief. :)

Vjepl zua! O fof sidiowi tuni tumof raitvoupt up nz opvsufadvoup vjsief vjev O jewi vu howi tisouat vjuahjv. O xepv vu vjusuahjmz epemzbi xjev vjiti qiuqmi tez cigusi fotnottoph ep ofie (nezci) xusvj duptofisoph. Huuf madl up zuas kuaspiz et ximm. O juqi zua fup'v nopf og O sivasp iwisz pux epf vjip up zuas vjsief gus tuni aqfevit. :)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom