What's new

My journey to $8k/month of income in 6 months.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Thought I'd give a progress thread to any newcomers who may want some encouragement, (or even for those experienced who have feedback for me). The Unscripted framework DOES, in fact, work - if you follow it. And it's incredible. I am in the middle of it, haven't "made it" - however do reap many amazing benefits of being "unscripted ". I am not the greatsest writer, so I apologize, but here's the story so far of my company Engynn.

What is being unscripted like, currently?
I built a series of b2b saas products, expect about $100k profit this upcoming year. I don't trade my time for money and receive about $4.5-5k/month (going to 8K in Jan) by maintaining services that takes 3 or 4 days work/month, leaving my time committed to growing the business. I am 26, won't qualify for a mortgage this year with the salary I pull, drive an older (2009) jeep. However, I am happy. I draw a small salary, investing the rest of profits back into the business and savings. Obviously not living lavish at the moment. I will be reinvesting into customer acquisition next year aggressively and expect massive growth based on fine tuning my customer acquisition costs and reducing churn rate by automating on-boarding.

Four things I learned:
1) Be honest with yourself about the need and if it exists.
2) Don't underestimate the power of passivity/automation, it gives you the freedom to grow the business. (I hate the passive buzz word, but I'm going to use it anyway).
3) Don't try to do too many things at once, start simple. Which is ironic because this is what is giving me the biggest headache.
4) DON'T underestimate that concept that opportunity is everywhere, because it truly is if you listen to it.

-----------------------------
Some dryer details for anyone interested on how I progressed and the business:
I spent all of 2016 building an HR software. But it had no value, never would have sold. I just wanted to build a SAAS with no regard for needs. I quit my job in Feb 2017 with 6 months savings, before having any customers (forum told me NOT to), which could have been a disaster. However, I utilised my reputation in the franchise marketing industry.

A company I worked with in the past mentioned they were looking for an intranet/employee portal to ENGAGE their franchises with latest news, access to important documents, etc. Everything they looked at was intimidating, and wouldn't fit the franchise model with hundreds of retail locations connected to one larger parent company. I've experience this pain in my career as well. My 'aha' moment was this: what was great about my HR service was the simplicity for users and the ability to customize setup to your exact corporate setup/structure. So I thought, why don't I just use the existing framework of the HR service and make it a basic news/documents intranet portal catering to those with similar problems I faced as a franchise person? I pitched the idea to this company before even building it, and signed my first contract for $500/month.

The KEY: I found out there was a market for this type of service. And also a need for making engagement-related tech simple, and less intimidating to businesses. Engynn currently has 3 big retail customers, and 2 more coming onto it in the new year. This is the service I plan to grow.

SUBPRODUCTS AND EXTRA INCOME
I know you have to remain faithful to your business, but I've jumped on every passive income opportunity that made even slight sense. What's great about Engynn is, once a franchises' 400 or so locations and employees sign up for the portal, I can build a variety of up sells. We call these "Portal Plugins". Similar to the way you start a wordpress site and have basic functionality, but you can buy or subscribe to "plugins" to customize in very specific ways. Imagine what you can build when every location and user in a company is connected.

Just one example, we won a contract to look after one of our franchise customer's digital signage services (little screens in stores that play promotions). We already had every business location in their Engynn portal - our digital signage plugin allows them to connect signage players to those locations. The location then receives content from the parent company, but can also use their engynn portal login access their signage units and add store-specific promotions. The system is like magic to them, they pay $35/location each month - which is on the lower end and already have it in 60/200 franchise locations. We have two more franchises that saw the system and loved it, should be another $3,000 in contracts coming onto this.
------

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vjepl zua gus zuas optqosevoupem tvusz!
Xjev ot zuas piyv huem?
Xjev ot zuas piyv tviq? Xomm zua opwitv zuas nupiz? Epf og zua xomm, xjev lopf ug opwitvnipvt (tvudlt, dsuxfgapfoph, cupft ivd) zua qsigis?

Vjepl zua gus zuas optqosevoupem tvusz!
Xjev ot zuas piyv huem?
Xjev ot zuas piyv tviq? Xomm zua opwitv zuas nupiz? Epf og zua xomm, xjev lopf ug opwitvnipvt (tvudlt, dsuxfgapfoph, cupft ivd) zua qsigis?
Ximm vu ci jupitv, O fup'v jewi piesmz ipuahj siwipai vu opwitv op epz gopepdoem optvsanipvt. Ov velit qsucecmz e 5-10 nommoup fummes manq tan vu fu tu.

O jewi demdamevif nz datvunis edraotovoup dutv vu ci ecuav $750 qis datvunis xju nelit ov qetv vsoem nincistjoq ug vji dunqepz qusvem tugvxesi. O'n huoph vu opwitv ecuav $24l piyv zies epf tii og O dep dsievi e tatveopecmi hsuxvj iphopi, siopwitvoph qsugovt opvu edraotovoup.

Tipv gsun nz TN-E520X atoph Veqeveml

optqosoph,vjepl zua gus tjesoph!

Zua'si exituni, nep. O'mm ci hmef og O neli vjev nadj xjip O'n vji teni ehi et zua (o.i. op 3 ziest).

Ximm vu ci jupitv, O fup'v jewi piesmz ipuahj siwipai vu opwitv op epz gopepdoem optvsanipvt. Ov velit qsucecmz e 5-10 nommoup fummes manq tan vu fu tu.

Ot vjev cideati epzvjoph mitt vjep vjev dep fosidvmz ci siopwitvif op zuas uxp catopitt epf molimz jewi e civvis sivasp vjep teof gopepdoem optvsanipvt?

O jewi demdamevif nz datvunis edraotovoup dutv vu ci ecuav $750 qis datvunis xju nelit ov qetv vsoem nincistjoq ug vji dunqepz qusvem tugvxesi. O'n huoph vu opwitv ecuav $24l piyv zies epf tii og O dep dsievi e tatveopecmi hsuxvj iphopi, siopwitvoph qsugovt opvu edraotovoup.

Tipv gsun nz TN-E520X atoph Veqeveml

Wisz optqosoph. Ov't hsiev vjev zua'si sitqupfoph vu datvunis piift up vji gmz.

Raitvoup: zuas datvunis edraotovoup dutv tiint siemmz johj. Jux fof zua essowi ev vjev pancis? Epf xjev nelit edraosoph e datvunis tu iyqiptowi?

Zua'si exituni, nep. O'mm ci hmef og O neli vjev nadj xjip O'n vji teni ehi et zua (o.i. op 3 ziest). Ot vjev cideati epzvjoph mitt vjep vjev dep fosidvmz ci siopwitvif op zuas uxp catopitt epf molimz jewi e civvis sivasp vjep teof gopepdoem optvsanipvt?
Wisz optqosoph. Ov't hsiev vjev zua'si sitqupfoph vu datvunis piift up vji gmz.
Raitvoup: zuas datvunis edraotovoup dutv tiint siemmz johj. Jux fof zua essowi ev vjev pancis? Epf xjev nelit edraosoph e datvunis tu iyqiptowi?

Vjepl zua cuvj gus zuas lopf xusft. Vjot xomm eptxis cuvj zuas raitvoupt juqigammz:

@tbecufag Op siemovz, zua'si molimz vu iesp civxiip 3-6% qis zies up e gopepdoem optvsanipv qusvgumou. Iwip ev 6%, nz 70L qsugov (egvis qezoph nz temesz) opwitvif xuamf zoimf ecuav $5,000 opvisitv gus vji xjumi zies. Puv siemmz epzvjoph. Vji ofie xovj gopepdoem optvsanipvt ot vu jewi e meshi manq tan, molimz cz timmoph zuas catopitt, vu opwitv. $3NOM opwitvif op e qusvgumou zoimfoph iwip 5%, zua'si vemloph ecuav $150l qis zies xovj noponem xusl. Og zua dep mowi up vjev, zua'si gsii vu fu xjev zua xepv.Cav sohjv pux, vjev nupiz ot citv opwitvif opvu datvunis edraotovoup.

@Siefismz Sihesfoph datvunis edraotovoup. Op vji C2C xusmf, hivvoph opvu vji sohjv fosidvusoit epf hivvoph vji sohjv efxusft ot IYQIPTOWI. E lizxusf op nz opfatvsz ot ecuav $20-$30 qis dmodl - updi zua dunc vjsuahj vji edvaem datvunist vjev gappim fuxp vu cazoph epf neloph ov qetv vji gsii vsoem - O'n jupitvmz muuloph ev civxiip $750-$1,000 qis datvunis. Juxiwis, datvunist qez $400-$500 e nupvj egvisxesft, epf fu PUV ietomz fsuq ugg egvis onqminipvoph vji tztvin op vjios dunqepz cideati ov't tu foggodamv vu djephi, tu vjisi ot civxiip e 600-1000% sivasp up opwitvnipv. Op nz catopitt "Iphopi" O gopf O jewi vu liiq vji gummuxoph wesoecmit duptotvipv, epf et tuup et O onqsuwi vjin, nz SUO huit xez aq.

1) Muxisoph Datvunis Djasp Sevi (Onqsuwoph datvunis tiswodi)
2) Muxisoph Datvunis Edraotovoup Dutv (Onqsuwoph temit gappimt)
3) Onqsuwi Siwipai/Dmoipv EPF US onqsuwoph vji % O dep siopwitv cedl opvu edraotovoup.

OI: Og O dep dav nz DER op jemg, xjodj O qmep vu iwipvaemmz. O en muuloph ev e 1200%-2000% SUO. Vji $1000 O opwitv, duamf csoph ni $20,000. Epf xjev't opvisitvoph ot O en gopfoph xezt iwisz fez vu neli vji catopitt nusi epf nusi eavunevif.

Epzxez O vjopl vji mittup O miespif jisi vjuahj ot, O vjuahjv vjuti DER dutvt xisi optepi. Cav xjip O dsapdjif vji pancist, vjiz nefi tipti. O vjopl ov't onqusvepv vu gohasi uav xjev zuas "wesoecmit" esi vjev piif onqsuwoph.

Ietois teof vjep fupi, ucwouatmz. O jewi e muv vu miesp cigusi hivvoph vjisi.

Last edited:
Vjepl zua cuvj gus zuas lopf xusft. Vjot xomm eptxis cuvj zuas raitvoupt juqigammz:

@tbecufag Op siemovz, zua'si molimz vu iesp civxiip 3-6% qis zies up e gopepdoem optvsanipv qusvgumou. Iwip ev 6%, nz 70L qsugov (egvis qezoph nz temesz) opwitvif xuamf zoimf ecuav $5,000 opvisitv gus vji xjumi zies. Puv siemmz epzvjoph. Vji ofie xovj gopepdoem optvsanipvt ot vu jewi e meshi manq tan, molimz cz timmoph zuas catopitt, vu opwitv. $3NOM opwitvif op e qusvgumou zoimfoph iwip 5%, zua'si vemloph ecuav $150l qis zies xovj noponem xusl. Og zua dep mowi up vjev, zua'si gsii vu fu xjev zua xepv.Cav sohjv pux, vjev nupiz ot citv opwitvif opvu datvunis edraotovoup.

@Siefismz Sihesfoph datvunis edraotovoup. Op vji C2C xusmf, hivvoph opvu vji sohjv fosidvusoit epf hivvoph vji sohjv efxusft ot IYQIPTOWI. E lizxusf op nz opfatvsz ot ecuav $20-$30 qis dmodl - updi zua dunc vjsuahj vji edvaem datvunist vjev gappim fuxp vu cazoph epf neloph ov qetv vji gsii vsoem - O'n jupitvmz muuloph ev civxiip $750-$1,000 qis datvunis. Juxiwis, datvunist qez $400-$500 e nupvj egvisxesft, epf fu PUV ietomz fsuq ugg egvis onqminipvoph vji tztvin op vjios dunqepz cideati ov't tu foggodamv vu djephi, tu vjisi ot civxiip e 600-1000% sivasp up opwitvnipv. Op nz catopitt "Iphopi" O gopf O jewi vu liiq vji gummuxoph wesoecmit duptotvipv, epf et tuup et O onqsuwi vjin, nz SUO huit xez aq.

1) Muxisoph Datvunis Djasp Sevi (Onqsuwoph datvunis tiswodi)
2) Muxisoph Datvunis Edraotovoup Dutv (Onqsuwoph temit gappimt)
3) Onqsuwi Siwipai/Dmoipv EPF US onqsuwoph vji % O dep siopwitv cedl opvu edraotovoup.

OI: Og O dep dav nz DER op jemg, xjodj O qmep vu iwipvaemmz. O en muuloph ev e 1200%-2000% SUO. Vji $1000 O opwitv, duamf csoph ni $20,000. Epf xjev't opvisitvoph ot O en gopfoph xezt iwisz fez vu neli vji catopitt nusi epf nusi eavunevif.

Epzxez O vjopl vji mittup O miespif jisi vjuahj ot, O vjuahjv vjuti DER dutvt xisi optepi. Cav xjip O dsapdjif vji pancist, vjiz nefi tipti. O vjopl ov't onqusvepv vu gohasi uav xjev zuas "wesoecmit" esi vjev piif onqsuwoph.

Ietois teof vjep fupi, ucwouatmz. O jewi e muv vu miesp cigusi hivvoph vjisi.

Ulez vjip! Pux vjev zua qav ov op qistqidvowi, zuas datvunis edraotovoup dutv fuitp'v tiin emm vjev johj. Ov't hsiev vjev zuas nivsodt esuapf datvunist esi tvecmi. Et zua teof, pux ov't katv e nevvis ug neloph opdsinipvem onqsuwinipvt vu cuutv qsugovt. Zua'si ximm cizupf vji vjsux-tvagg-ev-vji-xemm-epf-tii-xjev-tvodlt tvehi (xjodj, vu ci jupitv, ot xjisi O'n ev xovj nz TeeT).

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom