What's new

My journey to digital marketer. Need your help.

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

business_man

In Love With Marketing
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hi guys

The awesome community you have here. I want to share my story. This community actually pushed me forward in a very hard time of my life, where I had to close my business and had a very hard situation in “what to do next”. To become an employee I did not want and funds were pretty low to start a new business. At that time I come to Lex thread in this forum about his pursuit of copywriting career on Upwork.

I started exploring and enlightenment struck me. I live in approx. 3 million (total people living in my country) market with very little capital to invest. Everything I do here is OK, but with the internet, I could have a market with billions of consumers. From that moment I knew that I have to learn how to reach out clients up there.

I have almost 10 years of experience in various business fields – big corporations, small companies, as a sales manager, project manager, real estate agent. I have experience working as an employee and running my own small business (that’s separate story, but it was a hell of the journey). But internet marketing was something new, appealing and something I wanted to pursuit.

It started one year ago and till this day I know what I want to do next. And with every day I have a clearer picture where I want to be.

What’s my final goal? To become high-level marketing strategist and digital marketing expert. To have enough knowledge about the whole process to be able to manage larger projects. Understand conversion optimization and sales process on the internet.

What’s my strategy?

Same like one to eat an elephant? One bite at the time. So I did exactly that. I figured out that I have to put this puzzle together piece by piece.

The first piece I took was copywriting. Wrote some sales copies as well as articles on Upwork. It was a small project in the beginning and growth bit by bit. I went throw theory of copywriting and applied it, have to say it was a success – I got great feedbacks and ratings from those projects. Problem is that I am not a native speaker and my grammar is not great, so I hardly can reach a top level on this alone, and I don’t want to do only that for the rest of my life.

What did I take from this? I know how good sales copy has to look, I believe this piece is one of the most important in this business and I have good basics to understand and recognize good copy.

Next step I want to take is to understand how to create a great landing page and my idea is to start with a/b testing and analytics.

But in reality, this elephant is starting to look too big for me. I am not sure anymore if I am choosing right steps and even direction. My choice was to work independently, but now I see that it takes too much time and provides me too little value.

I could take more serious projects on Upwork (as I have a great reputation there) and learn as I go, it would speed up my learning process, but this is too risky at the moment as I am lacking experience yet.

I am hard worker and fast learner but I need a compass where to row because this ocean starts to feel too big for lonely boat :D

Any help from you guys would be helpful. Whatever it would be just an opinion, one-time guidance or someone would like to work together with me.

I could split my profit with someone that could do ongoing consultations and feedbacks when I am on the project, or I could assist someone on their projects, with a little bit of guidance.

If you can give some resources and insights here, where I should look and am I looking in the right direction – that would be great guys.

Or maybe I can find some reliable partner with more experience when I do and this could form into nice partnership.

Any help would be much appreciated. Looking forward hearing your comments and opinions!

p.s. I can show you my profile in DM.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Zua dep tvesv xovj DQE neslivoph! O'wi tjesif e fiveomif qutv op nz cmuh up jux O nefi nz gostv fummest upmopi atoph ZuaVaci DQE neslivoph. Jisi't e tpiel qiil ev vji qsuditt: Vji catopitt nufim ot cetif up uavtuasdoph wofiut vjsuahj Gowiss, qodloph johj vseggod lizxusft gus vjuti wofiut, epf seploph vjin up vji vuq ug Zuavaci epf Huuhmi.

Zua dep epf xomm upmz neli nupiz xovj vjot catopitt nufim og zua dep gopf uggist gus xjodj zua dep veshiv johj vseggod lizxusft. Mux tiesdj wumani niept movvmi vseggod.

O qodlif 5 vu 10 uggist (emuph xovj lizxusft) epf tvesvif vu uavtuasdi wofiut. Vjip uqvonobif up-qehi TIU Zuavaci djeppimt vjintimwit. Vji metv tviq ug vji qsuditt xet caomfoph cedlmoplt. Ov’t cedlmoplt, us foi.

Dupvopai siefoph ecuav nz uxp iyqisoipdi uwis ev nz cmuh <mopl sinuwif cz nuf>
Giim gsii vu dunnipv vjisi us tjuuv ni e nittehi og zua jewi nusi raitvoupt up DQE neslivoph !

Zua dep tvesv xovj DQE neslivoph! O'wi tjesif e fiveomif qutv op nz cmuh up jux O nefi nz gostv fummest upmopi atoph ZuaVaci DQE neslivoph. Jisi't e tpiel qiil ev vji qsuditt: Vji catopitt nufim ot cetif up uavtuasdoph wofiut vjsuahj Gowiss, qodloph johj vseggod lizxusft gus vjuti wofiut, epf seploph vjin up vji vuq ug Zuavaci epf Huuhmi.

Zua dep epf xomm upmz neli nupiz xovj vjot catopitt nufim og zua dep gopf uggist gus xjodj zua dep veshiv johj vseggod lizxusft. Mux tiesdj wumani niept movvmi vseggod.

O qodlif 5 vu 10 uggist (emuph xovj lizxusft) epf tvesvif vu uavtuasdi wofiut. Vjip uqvonobif up-qehi TIU Zuavaci djeppimt vjintimwit. Vji metv tviq ug vji qsuditt xet caomfoph cedlmoplt. Ov’t cedlmoplt, us foi.

Dupvopai siefoph ecuav nz uxp iyqisoipdi uwis ev nz cmuh <mopl sinuwif cz nuf>
Giim gsii vu dunnipv vjisi us tjuuv ni e nittehi og zua jewi nusi raitvoupt up DQE neslivoph !
@GuuvmuutiIpvsiq, vjev't vxu qutvt xjisi O'wi sinuwif e mopl vu zuas tovi.

Gostvmz, sief vji gusan samit. Nusi onqusvepvmz, gus zuas teli, tmux fuxp epf sief tuni ug vji dupvipv op jisi epf zua'mm tii vji gusan dep eff e muv nusi wemai vu zua vjep hivvoph wotovust vu zuas cmuh.

Jisi't e vjsief vjev nohjv opvisitv zua:

Piyv tviq O xepv vu veli ot vu apfistvepf jux vu dsievi e hsiev mepfoph qehi epf nz ofie ot vu tvesv xovj e/c vitvoph epf epemzvodt.

Vjot vjsief tjuamf jimq @Bii

O en jesf xuslis epf getv miespis cav O piif e dunqett xjisi vu sux cideati vjot udiep tvesvt vu giim vuu coh gus mupimz cuev :F

Fup'v vjopl ug vji udiep, vjopl ug zuas piyv ues-tvsuli, zuas piyv tviq.

Liiq poccmoph gusxesf.

Zua emsiefz jewi dmoipvt? Vjev't hsiev. Liiq fuoph xjev't xusloph epf fuacmi fuxp up ov?

Tuni motvipoph gus zua:
  1. xxx.vsuqodemnce.dun/duptamvoph
  2. xxx.vsuqodemnce.dun/tiswodit
  3. xxx.vsuqodemnce.dun/tdemi
  4. Vji vxu johjmohjvif sefou opviswoixt op nz tohpevasi.

Jewi zua sief @Guy 't vjsief (tii jot tohpevasi)?

Jewi zua sief nz mief hip vjsief (tii nz tohpevasi)?

LIIQ HUOPH.

IFOV: Edvaemmz, emm 5 opviswoixt/djevt O jewi aq up Tuapfdmuaf nohjv jimq zua (tii nz tohpevasi).

Jo Bii, O tii epuvjis xez xjodj zua dep eqqsuedj vjot.

Og ov xisi ni O'f eqqmz nz gudat up miespoph jux vu timm vu qiuqmi.

Xjomtv O xet fuoph vjev O'f tvesv caomfoph e vien. Gopf e qistup xju xsovit hsiev duqz. Gopf epuvjis xju nelit lommis hseqjodt. Gopf epuvjis xju't hsiev ev mepfoph qehi fitohp epf dufi. Ivd ivd

Updi zua jewi zuas vien op qmedi epf vji lpuxmifhi ug jux vu timm vjuti tiswodit vu zuas dmoipvt emm vjev't migv vu fu ot timm timm timm!

Zua fup'v piif vu ci e netvis ev iwiszvjoph.

Apfistvepfoph xjev piift vu ci fupi epf cioph ecmi vu fu ov zuastimg esi vxu wisz foggisipv vjopht.

Xjev’t nz gopem huem? Vu ciduni johj-miwim neslivoph tvsevihotv epf fohovem neslivoph iyqisv. Vu jewi ipuahj lpuxmifhi ecuav vji xjumi qsuditt vu ci ecmi vu nepehi meshis qsukidvt. Apfistvepf dupwistoup uqvonobevoup epf temit qsuditt up vji opvispiv.

Jo nevi,

O vjopl ov duamf veli e muv ug voni epf tvafz (ziest), vu ciduni ep iyqisv ev duqzxsovoph epf emm vji uvjis vjopht vjev e 'fohovem neslivoph iyqisv' tjuamf lpux - moli cidunoph e fudvus emnutv.

Xjz fup'v zua siefkatv zuas huemt vu tunivjoph moli "timm evmietv $4000 op fohovem neslivoph tiswodit cz ipf ug 2016"

Ov tuapft moli zuas cedlhsuapf ot nusi op temit epf mitt ug e vidjpodem pevasi, tu o vjopl zua nohjv ci civvis ugg apfistvepfoph vji foggisipv tiswodit, xjip vjiz duamf ci eqqmoif, epf vu uavtuasdi vji onqmonipvevoup xusl.

Zua katv piif vu gopf qiuqmi xju piif vjios xictovi us temit qehit si-xsovvip? nupvjmz cmuh us tudoem nifoe dupvipv? efxusft us nifoe cazoph vu cuutv vseggod vji vjios xictovit (ev e muxis dutv vjep ov csopht op siwipai)? epemzvodt onqminipvevoup vu nupovus SUO ivd....

Nezci hiv e temit kuc ev ep ehipdz, katv vu miesp vji qsuditt, vjip fu zuas uxp vjoph?

Last edited:
Qsucmin ot vjev O en puv e pevowi tqielis epf nz hsennes ot puv hsiev, tu O jesfmz dep siedj e vuq miwim up vjot emupi,
Edvaemmz, Bii, zuas hsennes ot qsivvz huuf gus e pup-pevowi tqielis. Ov't ietomz goyif og zua fidofi vu qastai xsovoph ug epz lopf. Qmieti fup'v miv vjot ci ep ottai op zuas qsuhsitt... O'f ci jeqqz vu jimq xovj vjot, pu dutv vu zua, et O ipkuz ov. Katv nittehi (dupwistevoup) ni og O dep jimq. ;)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom