- Joined
- Aug 6, 2018
- Messages
- 6
Rep Bank
$65
$65
User Power: 150%
One day I had a conversation with my friend about self improvement, and for whatever reason by good luck the topic of thefastlane came up. I read the book and instantly fell in love with the concepts that it talks about as its resonated with me A LOT.
Some back story: I'm 24 years old, and have been playing poker professionally for over 6 years, I've reached and did everything I've wanted to set out to do there deep down I've always felt like something was missing. I was making great money but the idea of trading for time for money day in and day out in return for a check didn't make sense to me... but I did it as I rationalized to myself that this is life changing money and I don't have any skill sets outside of this, by luck someone was exiting the poker scene he ran something they call a staking stable, which buys the players into games in return for action. We went through a long discussion discussing the logistics to purchasing it and with due time I ended up buying it, I gave an extra 20% to my partner for management fee.
I ended up traveling and enjoying life in the US while occasionally trying to link up some extra poker deals and interacted with the players in my now company, I coached them once in a while as I enjoyed it and wanted to get my feet wet into learning how people think-- how to interact with people (playing online poker involves very little interaction and networking: thus another negative trait, I want to thrive socially as I see the importance of getting myself out there). The month ended recently I've managed to live well traveling the US and I thought wow.. I traded "X" amount of time and made "Y" amount of money, enough to finance my GF and I's entire trip it while investing VERY LITTLE TIME, which gave me feeling of something that I never had before FREEDOM the thought "I don't need to trade my time for money, I work around the clock!", this thought changed everything I decided today that I will quit playing professionally and trading my time for money, regardless of how much I was making I need to put a priority on time the greatest asset of them all... --- this doesn't mean I will quit forever, I will not completely throw away a skill set, I could play 0 hours a week, I could play 10 hours a week whatever.. the point is NO more 70 hour work weeks, no more graveyard shifts of sleeping at 9 am and waking up at 6pm. I want to control my time and live life on MY terms.
Everything in the book made sense, and I found it thoroughly enjoyable hearing MJ DeMarco talk about poker throughout the book and giving practical examples of why it was lacking crazy potential as 1) it pays only at the creme of the crop 2) you have to trade time for money 3) the competition is stiff and the entry is low. I've managed to make money that has made me happy financially but the lack of everything else and the things I was trading in order to get it made me realize it was no longer worth it. I want to learn extra skill sets, I want to provide value into the world, I want to be able to socialize more often, I want to be a controller of time, I want legendary money... I want to make $1,000,000 a month consistently and have longevity, simply put playing poker professionally I will never have that consistently there is just no way.
I'm thankful for everything poker has provided, but I'm ready to part ways playing professionally to derive income I'll solely depend on improving my company to build extra skill sets, work towards HEALTH, self improvement, reading and writing, sharing what I've learned along the way and in due time I hope being in this forum and learning the ins and outs can lead me to some sort of direction where I can find something I can start going towards to attain Legendary Money.
P.S. Marco if your reading this and interested I would be happy to coach you poker for 1 hour for free as it seems like its one of your interests.
P.P.S This is just as a form of gratitude for sharing so much insight and creating value into my life I'm not a public coach and I don't want to sell anything to you or anyone here on thefastlane considering it doesn't reach the requirements no one would be interested anyway
.
Some back story: I'm 24 years old, and have been playing poker professionally for over 6 years, I've reached and did everything I've wanted to set out to do there deep down I've always felt like something was missing. I was making great money but the idea of trading for time for money day in and day out in return for a check didn't make sense to me... but I did it as I rationalized to myself that this is life changing money and I don't have any skill sets outside of this, by luck someone was exiting the poker scene he ran something they call a staking stable, which buys the players into games in return for action. We went through a long discussion discussing the logistics to purchasing it and with due time I ended up buying it, I gave an extra 20% to my partner for management fee.
I ended up traveling and enjoying life in the US while occasionally trying to link up some extra poker deals and interacted with the players in my now company, I coached them once in a while as I enjoyed it and wanted to get my feet wet into learning how people think-- how to interact with people (playing online poker involves very little interaction and networking: thus another negative trait, I want to thrive socially as I see the importance of getting myself out there). The month ended recently I've managed to live well traveling the US and I thought wow.. I traded "X" amount of time and made "Y" amount of money, enough to finance my GF and I's entire trip it while investing VERY LITTLE TIME, which gave me feeling of something that I never had before FREEDOM the thought "I don't need to trade my time for money, I work around the clock!", this thought changed everything I decided today that I will quit playing professionally and trading my time for money, regardless of how much I was making I need to put a priority on time the greatest asset of them all... --- this doesn't mean I will quit forever, I will not completely throw away a skill set, I could play 0 hours a week, I could play 10 hours a week whatever.. the point is NO more 70 hour work weeks, no more graveyard shifts of sleeping at 9 am and waking up at 6pm. I want to control my time and live life on MY terms.
Everything in the book made sense, and I found it thoroughly enjoyable hearing MJ DeMarco talk about poker throughout the book and giving practical examples of why it was lacking crazy potential as 1) it pays only at the creme of the crop 2) you have to trade time for money 3) the competition is stiff and the entry is low. I've managed to make money that has made me happy financially but the lack of everything else and the things I was trading in order to get it made me realize it was no longer worth it. I want to learn extra skill sets, I want to provide value into the world, I want to be able to socialize more often, I want to be a controller of time, I want legendary money... I want to make $1,000,000 a month consistently and have longevity, simply put playing poker professionally I will never have that consistently there is just no way.
I'm thankful for everything poker has provided, but I'm ready to part ways playing professionally to derive income I'll solely depend on improving my company to build extra skill sets, work towards HEALTH, self improvement, reading and writing, sharing what I've learned along the way and in due time I hope being in this forum and learning the ins and outs can lead me to some sort of direction where I can find something I can start going towards to attain Legendary Money.
P.S. Marco if your reading this and interested I would be happy to coach you poker for 1 hour for free as it seems like its one of your interests.
P.P.S This is just as a form of gratitude for sharing so much insight and creating value into my life I'm not a public coach and I don't want to sell anything to you or anyone here on thefastlane considering it doesn't reach the requirements no one would be interested anyway
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
