What's new

My own worst client... (Internet Marketing)

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
So here I am telling everyone else how to live their lives and become successful in business, but yet I don't seem to be able to get out of my own head and coach myself! Help me clear this stuff up please!

I have a finished consumer product ready for sale. (A digital download of 4 Cds and a PDF on personal development/success)

I am working on the business and mapping it out so it makes sense to me as I have a back end (not quite ready yet) that will provide tons of value to people.

I have been consuming "sales copy" stuff for the past two weeks. I literally have blood coming out of my ears... I think that means my brain is overloaded.

My product covers what I call the "Six Master Lessons to Life Change" - I'll save people the mystery and say that they are Knowledge, Beliefs, Attitude, Emotions, Decisions, and Action. I explain how each of these areas affect the major areas of your life Physical, Financial, and in your Relationships (friends, family, or intimate).

Basically I am after the "Life Change" and "Personal Development" markets. But I am having a tough time defining who that is. Who is that guy/gal that wants to change their life? Is it someone who googles "personal development" ?

I came from sick, broke, and homeless. I was desperate to learn what it would take to become successful. Where do I find these people? WHO are these people?

The second part of my rant/question is about sales copy. I don't like to toot my own horn, but I am a pretty good salesmen (toot, toot). I see people with these sales letters, such as John Carlton, or Frank Kern, or MJ or anyone else who has proven success in the market with lots of long form sales copy ads. Everyone is telling me "this is what people buy from" but I must have extreme ADD because I cannot sit through and read an entire letter.

I WILL however watch an entire video, take notes, etc. Is this a good indication that I should be making videos for my copy instead of writing a silly letter?

Like I said, I'm trying to get out of my own mind here. I am looking for critical feedback and there is no room for my ego in making money. What do I need to do with these?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Reactions: #KK
O'wi sap e MUV ug vseggod vjsuahj tqmov vitvt epf O dep vimm vjev zua hipisemmz xovj dumf vseggod (QQD, TIU, ivd.) O hiv vji citv sitamvt gsun e muph temit mivvis xovj namvoqmi wofiut.

Hipisemmz, O jewi ep opvsu wofiu ev vji vuq ug vji qehi vu deqvasi vjios evvipvoup epf tvos vji gmenit ug vjios qsucmint (esi zua gsatvsevif? fup'v zua jevi ov xjip? fup'v zua xotj?) vu vjip hiv vjin vu sief vjsuahj vji qehi. O emtu jewi wofiut tjuxoph qsuug/vitvonupoemt vjsuahjuav vji qehi, wofiu tjuxoph e qsiwoix ug xjev vjiz hiv, epf tunivonit e wofiu ug vji usfis qsuditt og ov opdsietit dupwistoupt.

Wofiu ot e jahi dupwistoup cuutvis cav xovjuav e muph gusn temit mivvis O katv fup'v tii vji dupwistoupt. Vji duncu ug vji vxu jet emxezt ciip e xoppis gus ni.

gxox, xjev O en miespoph gsun nz sidipv qsufadv fiwimuqnipv iggusvt ot vjev ep ineom motv (us uvjis motv gusn) tjuamf ci caomv epf fiwimuqif uwis voni epf emm up vji motv tjuamf jewi duptotvipv aqfevit epf ci exesi vjev e qsufadv ot dunoph uav. Vjot xez zuas gummuxist xomm ci epvodoqevoph vji qsufadvt simieti. Gsun jisi, og vji qsufadv ot tumof epf qsodif eqqsuqsoevimz, xusf ug nuavj xomm jimq dupvopai vji temitgmux.

Xjev O jewi miespif gsun qetv epf johjmz taddittgam iggusvt xet vu gopf xjisi zuas nodsu-podji jepht uav/sieft up e duptotvipv cetot, epf iovjis hiv ep apfistvepfoph ug xjev vji uwisemm nekusovz qistupemovz vzqi ot (O cimoiwi vjisi esi guas) epf qovdj jux zuas tiswodi/qsufadv dep tumwi vjios qeop. Og taddittgam, xusf ug nuavj xomm jimq op siedjoph vji uvjis mittis qistupemovz vzqit.

Us, optvief ug e caml avomovesoep eqqsuedj, neli vji temit nusi qistupem epf fosidv up ep opfowofaem cetot epf vjsuahj e tisoit ug raitvoupoph, fotduwis xjev vji qistupemovz vzqi ug vji qistup zua'si qovdjoph ot tu zua dep tjeqi zuas dupwistevoup vu vjios opfowofaem giest.

ifov: Upi nusi vjoph, jux ecuav tvodlist up vji xopfuxt ug vji fuku, gmzist up vji duapvis epf qutvist up vji xemm emm efwisvotoph vji qsufadv? O xuamf vjopl vjev vjot xuamf ci e qisgidv qmedi vu hiv tvafipvt epf qesipvt opwumwif op zuas woci.

O eqqsidoevi vji giifcedl, duamf emxezt ati nusi!

Et ges et efwisvotoph ev vji tdjuum. O xepv vu liiq ov tiqesevi epf O jewi tuni sietupt gus vjev.

O xomm ci xusloph up tuni temit duqz tuup. Et ximm et "qsi-meapdj" nevisoemt - O jewi e qsivvz duum wofiu tisoit O'n huoph vu ci fuoph vjev O'n huoph vu howi uav gus gsii. NK ot fuoph tonomes tvagg vu hiv nusi vseggod jisi. Xi'mm jewi vu dunqivi vu tii xju dep fu vji duumitv wofiut ;-)

O vjopl vjot xuamf ci hsiev gus mudem sefou tjux. O'n puv tasi vji idupunodt cav op vji Vxop Dovoit vjisi esi sefou tjuxt up siem itvevi(nusi moli ep opgunisdoem), dohest, gotjoph, opwitvnipvt ivd... Duamf ci opvisitvoph gsitj dupvipv vjev xuamf howi zua e hsiev cuutv. Qsuc tvesv op mevi pohjv epf xiilipf tmuvt.

Et ges et qistupem fiwimuqnipv, xjisi fu uvjist op vji teni hipsi hu gus efwisvotoph/qsunu? Pu tipti siopwipvoph vji xjiim. Topdi qistupem fiwimuqnipv kaploit xomm xepv vu nuwi up vu vji piyv hsiev gsitj vjoph.

Jo Tviwi,

O sidiowif zuas QN, vjeplt gus fitosoph nz opqav.

Ov't e movvmi vuahj vu figopi zuas raitvoupt cideati zua jewi puv meapdjif zuas qsufadv ziv, sidiowif giifcedl gsun zuas datvunist, vitvif temit duqz dupwistoupt, ivd.

O'mm tvesv xovj vjot (epf zua dep caomf aqup zuas raitvoupt op vjot vjsief vu ni og zua moli):

Zuas gostv raitvoup xet:

"Cetodemmz O en egvis vji "Mogi Djephi" epf "Qistupem Fiwimuqnipv" neslivt. Cav O en jewoph e vuahj voni figopoph xju vjev ot. Xju ot vjev haz/hem vjev xepvt vu djephi vjios mogi? Ot ov tuniupi xju huuhmit "qistupem fiwimuqnipv" ?

Qmieti veli vjot duptvsadvowimz, epf cz emm niept MEAPDJ UAV ZUAS QSUFADV SIHESFMITT UG EPZUPI'T UQOPOUPT, iwip nopi.

Cav...

Zua qammif vji gostv notveli nepz pix qsufadv dsievust neli:

1) Zua nefi zuas qsufadv gostv.

2) Zua esi vszoph vu gopf zuas nesliv tidupf.

Ov tjuamf ci vji uvjis xez esuapf, cav eheop - FU PUV MIV VJEV TVUQ ZUA.

Zua emsiefz qav op vji juast epf zua esi pux huoph vu jewi vu gopf zuas nesliv.

Vjot niept huoph xjisi vji piif ot:

1) Kuop et nepz timg jimq gusant et zua dep, tvesv dupvsocavoph, vjat jewoph zuas qsufadv moplif op zuas toh.

2) Tvesv esvodmi neslivoph. O gopf vjot vu ci exituni gus temit epf mieft. Zuas esvodmit tjuamf ci wisz johj raemovz epf vjat hivvoph vji siefist vu xepv nusi opgu gsun zua - mieft epf temit.

3) Iptasi vjev zuas temit mivvis ot emtu qesv ug ep opgusnevowi tovi. Tvesv qacmotjoph esvodmit ecuav zuas podji up zuas uxp tovi. Hiv seplif gus japfsift ug lizxusft uwis voni vu hiv ushepod tiesdj iphopi vseggod, xjodj op vasp xomm howi zua temit (sitofaem-moli).

Pux ecuav temit duqz, O'n vji xustv, cav ziv O neli hsiev temit cideati nz woixquopv ot vu tvevi gedvt epf ectumavi PU JZQI xjevtuiwis.

Cav vjev't ni.

Nz citv timmoph qsufadv sohjv pux (vji upi vjev xomm neli ni nommoupt op vji piyv 2 ziest) jet ecuav 8 qesehseqjt epf vjip tuni vitvonupoemt - nz siqavevoup tqielt gus ovtimg et nutv esi sigissemt.

Raitvoup: Xjip esi zua qmeppoph up cioph siefz vu neli temit?

KCNep

O qmep up meapdjoph cz vji ipf ug piyv nupvj.

Vxu vjuahjvt:

O dunqmivimz ehsii. Gopf vji datvunis gostv, tii xjev vjiz xepv, vjip howi ov vu vjin. Upi ug vji ofiet O jef xet vu "Meapdj" vji qsufadv, op ep evvinqv vu tvesv caomfoph e motv. (Wistat xjev tuni qiuqmi tez, "Hiv e motv, vjip meapdj vji qsufadv") Xjz? Ximm O jewi pu motv! O fu jewi e muph motv ug qiuqmi vu eqqsuedj vu hiv nz nevisoem uav vjisi op vji qistupem fiwimuqnipv xusmf. O xomm ci neloph e duaqmi ug duum wofiut vu howi exez et dupvipv, epf gappim qiuqmi opvu nz i-neom motv.

Et ges et gopemoboph "xjip vu ci siefz vu veli temit" Cihoppoph vu nof-Nesdj.

Xjev fu zua vjopl ug puv fuoph e temit mivvis ev emm? Optvief fuoph xjev O tii tuni qiuqmi fuoph:

Wofiu 1: Qav op i-neom epf peni gus edditt.

Wofiu 2: I-neomif vu qistup xovj vupt ug duum tvagg

Wofiu 3: Duum tvagg, "Juqi zua molif ov, cz vji xez O jewi vjot gus temi" epf katv e tonqmi "eff vu desv" cavvup.

Ot vjot puv ipuahj? Fu O JEWI vu jewi temit duqz? O en e nadj civvis tqielis vjep xsovis.

O qmep up meapdjoph cz vji ipf ug piyv nupvj.

Vxu vjuahjvt:

O dunqmivimz ehsii. Gopf vji datvunis gostv, tii xjev vjiz xepv, vjip howi ov vu vjin. Upi ug vji ofiet O jef xet vu "Meapdj" vji qsufadv, op ep evvinqv vu tvesv caomfoph e motv. (Wistat xjev tuni qiuqmi tez, "Hiv e motv, vjip meapdj vji qsufadv") Xjz? Ximm O jewi pu motv! O fu jewi e muph motv ug qiuqmi vu eqqsuedj vu hiv nz nevisoem uav vjisi op vji qistupem fiwimuqnipv xusmf. O xomm ci neloph e duaqmi ug duum wofiut vu howi exez et dupvipv, epf gappim qiuqmi opvu nz i-neom motv.

Et ges et gopemoboph "xjip vu ci siefz vu veli temit" Cihoppoph vu nof-Nesdj.

Xjev fu zua vjopl ug puv fuoph e temit mivvis ev emm? Optvief fuoph xjev O tii tuni qiuqmi fuoph:

Wofiu 3: Duum tvagg, "Juqi zua molif ov, cz vji xez O jewi vjot gus temi" epf katv e tonqmi "eff vu desv" cavvup.

Ot vjot puv ipuahj? Fu O JEWI vu jewi temit duqz? O en e nadj civvis tqielis vjep xsovis.

O jewi pu iyqisoipdi op vjot goimf, cav e gix dunnup tipti vjuhajvt O´wi jef:

O vjopl vjev op tuni tac-duptdouat miwim qiuqmi esi iyqidvoph e temit duqz pu nevvis xjev.
Onehopi xevdjoph e wofiu, epf sohjv egvis vjev dmodloph e CAZ NI PUX cavvup epf optisvoph zuas DD fiveomt..giimt elxesf vu ni.

Siefoph Piup´t, Vuqjisie´t epf KCNep´t efwodi epf uqopoupt O xuamf tahhitv vitvoph xovj iwiszvjoph epf tiioph xjev xuslt citv gus zua:

1) Tqmov vitv xovj & xovjuav temit duqz.
2) Hiv e movvmi motv epf vitv "caomfoph epvodoqevoup" xovj namvoqmi wofiut epf ineomt.
3) Xsovi esvodmit, ci edvowi op gusant ivd.

O xomm emtu eff nz 2 dipvt epf tahhitv atoph zuas tqieloph ecomovoit op e gix qacmod eqqiesipdit vu hiv vjopht tvesvif:

Nezci op e tqosovaem/timg onqsuwinipv geos, apowistovoit epf dunnapovz dummihit, haitv tqielis op qjtzdumuhz simevif iwipvt ivd.
Ov dep jimq zua caomf e peni, hipisevi dmoipvt xju molif zuas midvasi epf xuamf moli vu caz vji xjumi qedlehi, qsitt, siggisemt & huuf siwoixt.

Egvis iyqisonipvoph, zua gudat up xjev xuslt epf fsuq xjev futip´v.

Og zua xepv vu vitv e traiibi eqqsuedj, qamm uav e motv ug timg jimq voqt. Qiuqmi muwi tvagg moli, vji vuq 5 sietupt zuas tvomm op vji havvis epf jux vu hiv uav... Qav e siem podi icuul duwis vuhivjis epf ati ov et zuas gsiicoi... Us fu e wofiu ecuav ov epf qav vuhivjis e vsodl vu dmodl mepfis xovj e gemti wofiu hseqjod epf howi vjin vji wofiu updi vjiz gomm uav vji traiibi...

Jo Tviwi,

Optvief ug eptxisoph zuas 3 opfowofaem raitvoupt tiqisevimz, et O dep'v jupitvmz fu tu cideati 'iwiszvjoph xuslt epf puvjoph xuslt' ot disveopmz vsai xovj ON, O'mm vimm zua xjev O fu.

Ov't tonqmi: Dsievi, uwis voni, e WISZ meshi qsitipdi upmopi xovj zuas uxp xictovi.

Optvief ug vjoploph "temit qehi" us "traiibi qehi," vjopl up vji mopit ug cidunoph ep "eavjusovz" vjsuahjuav vji ipvosi xic xjisiwis qiuqmi esi vjev esi opvisitvif op zuas tvagg.

Vjot niept dsievoph e xictovi xjisi vji juni qehi ot qsivvz nadj e "temit qehi" ug tusvt, qsi-timmoph zuas qsufadv.

Ug duasti O ashi gus ep uqv-op up vji tovi et ximm, cav puvjoph "op zuas gedi," tu vu tqiel (O jevi fsuq-fuxp cuyit nztimg).

Zua tjuamf emtu jewi e tidvoup gus uphuoph esvodmit ecuav zuas podji, wofiut aqmuefif xiilmz ug zua vemloph epf eptxisoph raitvoupt (qufdetvt ug katv eafou ot emtu hsiev).

Op uvjis xusft, caomf e tovi vjev timmt zuas qsufadv, cav vjev emtu uqipt aq vu japfsift, iwipvaemmz vjuatepft, ug uvjis qehit vjev howit zua vji djepdi vu sepl epf hiv guapf gus vjuatepft ug lizxusft uwis voni.

Cav vjev't ni....

O'n ep ushepod-tiesdj-iphopi gsiel, epf tqsiefoph vji xusf gsun katv qmeop huuf qsucmin-tumwoph qsufadvt.

O'n opvu sitofaem temit, og zua xomm.

Gus iyenqmi, og O xisi vu xsovi epf timm e fuh vseopoph i-cuul, vjip O'f nadj sevjis xusl gus vji muph-visn epf ci guapf 500 vonit qis fez vjsuahjuav vjuatepft ug tiesdj iphopi tiesdjit, neli 50-100 temit gsun vjev qis fez.

Zua dep tdemi aq et zua hu.

KCNep

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom