The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

MY RANT

Anything related to matters of the mind

Lachie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 19, 2024
Hey fastlane forum. Just need to get something off my chest, you might think I’m bitch in regards to this post. But I need some perspective or some new light on my life.

I’m 18 have a corporate job in the slow lane and another job on the side, I have various F*ck this moments that enable me to change my ways for a couple weeks then I succumb to myself. Due to external factors that I give in to things that disrupt my “flow” I guess you can say or I’m just being a bitch or coward who knows. Such as watching family’s soccer game etc.

Throughout my own self discovery reading various books, especially MJ’s. I have been aware of the rate race or the “red pill” for a couple of years. Seeing that unfold within my work life, personal life and just self awareness when I look around it is like everybody’s existence is just copy and pasted, copy and pasted. The people look at there phones like robots, it doesn’t feel I have purpose or anything I just simply exist. I had a goal which motivated me as reason to get this slow lane job (i would learn more about my industry and get paid to do it) so I thought that was a plus. But it simply isn’t it anymore.

It takes me a hour and a bit to get work and come back home, I make use of my time by reading books and gaining “knowledge”. When I came across MJs books which I read numerous times, I happen to always feel that reading books are just action faking. I’ve always desired freedom that entrepreneurship seems to provide, I guess you can say I’m a “wantrepenuer”. MJ states that the passion doesn’t exist (doing what you love) in which u agree but the journey that is the process doesn’t seem any better. It just feels like an empty circle jerk like the freelancing, copywriting and dropshipping crazes on twitter where they jack each other off for hours on end. Commenting on each others posts and all the other crap.

I have just feel like life has sedated me. I wish I had some sort of urgency to get off my a$$ and not have a choice but to do something. I’m well off tbh and I’ve kept note to always take the opportunities I’m given because I have the privilege of being able to fail and then to get right up again. Since how I’ve landed a corporate job at a young age while everyone else is studying or becoming tradie/apprentice and just filling the gap in there souls with consumerism and lots of alcohol on weekends.

I just don’t feel present in life anymore. I would even be willing to fight someone to the death just so I could fully experience life and how the moments of my life and existence lay in my very hands. If I have been defeated I would happily pass away as life has decided that for me.

I don’t know if you will find me psychotic, it’s just a monotonous cycle and circle jerk going around and around. The work that I do, it has no meaning or value to me. I try and think of problems that occur to me so I can be of use and attempt to resolve them but nothing comes to mind. I’m not looking for something revolutionary such as bill gates or mark zucker berg as I know the money is made in the tiny skews, such as the tracksuit pants that I wear and they have zipper pockets.

It feels like I have to develop a hard skill to create a business or I’m just procrastinating who truly knows anymore tbh. I know that the feeling of pride and passion will come with the work that is being done. But I just happen to feel that I have no purpose for my existence any more. Or I’m experiencing a “existential crisis”, I didn’t know they happened every week. If someone older could impart some wisdom that would be much appreciated.

My life besides my two jobs, gym, and travel to work leaves me a round 6-7 hours of sleep. I’m willing to work further but I have nothing to drive too, so I just get some sleep instead of cutting it out.

I could go on about this for ages but anyways I could have become a big bitch. But I would appreciate any guidance or advice. I doubt the grammar in this whole rant is even correct as I’m typing frantically on my iPhone, I apologise in advance.

Cheers Lachlan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jwhanke

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 26, 2018
Akron, OH
Hey fastlane forum. Just need to get something off my chest, you might think I’m bitch in regards to this post. But I need some perspective or some new light on my life.

I’m 18 have a corporate job in the slow lane and another job on the side, I have various F*ck this moments that enable me to change my ways for a couple weeks then I succumb to myself. Due to external factors that I give in to things that disrupt my “flow” I guess you can say or I’m just being a bitch or coward who knows. Such as watching family’s soccer game etc.

Throughout my own self discovery reading various books, especially MJ’s. I have been aware of the rate race or the “red pill” for a couple of years. Seeing that unfold within my work life, personal life and just self awareness when I look around it is like everybody’s existence is just copy and pasted, copy and pasted. The people look at there phones like robots, it doesn’t feel I have purpose or anything I just simply exist. I had a goal which motivated me as reason to get this slow lane job (i would learn more about my industry and get paid to do it) so I thought that was a plus. But it simply isn’t it anymore.

It takes me a hour and a bit to get work and come back home, I make use of my time by reading books and gaining “knowledge”. When I came across MJs books which I read numerous times, I happen to always feel that reading books are just action faking. I’ve always desired freedom that entrepreneurship seems to provide, I guess you can say I’m a “wantrepenuer”. MJ states that the passion doesn’t exist (doing what you love) in which u agree but the journey that is the process doesn’t seem any better. It just feels like an empty circle jerk like the freelancing, copywriting and dropshipping crazes on twitter where they jack each other off for hours on end. Commenting on each others posts and all the other crap.

I have just feel like life has sedated me. I wish I had some sort of urgency to get off my a$$ and not have a choice but to do something. I’m well off tbh and I’ve kept note to always take the opportunities I’m given because I have the privilege of being able to fail and then to get right up again. Since how I’ve landed a corporate job at a young age while everyone else is studying or becoming tradie/apprentice and just filling the gap in there souls with consumerism and lots of alcohol on weekends.

I just don’t feel present in life anymore. I would even be willing to fight someone to the death just so I could fully experience life and how the moments of my life and existence lay in my very hands. If I have been defeated I would happily pass away as life has decided that for me.

I don’t know if you will find me psychotic, it’s just a monotonous cycle and circle jerk going around and around. The work that I do, it has no meaning or value to me. I try and think of problems that occur to me so I can be of use and attempt to resolve them but nothing comes to mind. I’m not looking for something revolutionary such as bill gates or mark zucker berg as I know the money is made in the tiny skews, such as the tracksuit pants that I wear and they have zipper pockets.

It feels like I have to develop a hard skill to create a business or I’m just procrastinating who truly knows anymore tbh. I know that the feeling of pride and passion will come with the work that is being done. But I just happen to feel that I have no purpose for my existence any more. Or I’m experiencing a “existential crisis”, I didn’t know they happened every week. If someone older could impart some wisdom that would be much appreciated.

My life besides my two jobs, gym, and travel to work leaves me a round 6-7 hours of sleep. I’m willing to work further but I have nothing to drive too, so I just get some sleep instead of cutting it out.

I could go on about this for ages but anyways I could have become a big bitch. But I would appreciate any guidance or advice. I doubt the grammar in this whole rant is even correct as I’m typing frantically on my iPhone, I apologise in advance.

Cheers Lachlan
A couple of my thoughts from reading your post:

-You are 18, so you are still young and have a lot of life left to gain skills and find fulfillment/contentment. I am 33, and I know I don't have it all figured out, and no one does, so there is no need to be so hard on yourself. I generally think the self-talk of you being a "bitch or coward" is not helpful.
-Purpose is a word I tend not to like because it can put arbitrary pressure for some magical "fix," whether they are working at a corporation or an entrepreneur. Everyone is different, and I have been influenced by Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl in this area.
-I'm not sure how long you have been working at your corporate job or what it is, but I would focus on acquiring a skill at the job that you can continually add to. No time is ever wasted, and even in unfulfilling corporate jobs, you can still acquire skills. Focus on communication or even selling. You have to know how to communicate, regardless of whether you work a corporate job or are an entrepreneur. You also have to sell your product or yourself to people as an employee or consultant.
-Success is relative in every situation. Based on what I read, you need to start trying to find a concrete small goal to work for. MJ has his GoalSumo: Supercharge Goal Achievement and Turn Your Big Dreams into Reality website as a starting point. I can't tell you what goal you should focus on; I think with some reflection, you can focus on that, and if it changes in the future, that's fine! We all change our plans based on how we change.
There is no such thing as a magic "fix." Everywhere you go, there you are. Focus on healthy habits (it sounds like you are working out and such). Life is a journey. Try to sit back and reflect on what you want right now and in the future (it's okay if you don't know). Try adding a small amount of silence time with no technology and/or meditating if possible.

I hope this helps! I know my response was vague. Focus on trying to add concrete goals you can work towards in the next year or so. I can't tell you what it is, but you have plenty of time.

Last edited:

ThomasTLM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Mar 6, 2024
Indiana
Full stop. I'm only 24, and I can tell you that it's okay not to have everything figured out right now. I don't know a single 18-year-old that has their life goals fleshed out. I know I certainly didn't when I was your age.

You have time, and you are still young.

The people look at there phones like robots, it doesn’t feel I have purpose or anything I just simply exist.
It just feels like an empty circle jerk like the freelancing, copywriting and dropshipping crazes on twitter where they jack each other off for hours on end. Commenting on each others posts and all the other crap.
I have just feel like life has sedated me.
Since how I’ve landed a corporate job at a young age while everyone else is studying or becoming tradie/apprentice and just filling the gap in there souls with consumerism and lots of alcohol on weekends.
I just don’t feel present in life anymore.
it’s just a monotonous cycle and circle jerk going around and around.
The fact that you realize all of these things means you are already ahead. I remember basically trying to cope with all of these when I was 18. You, however, have already realized the problem. The sooner you realize what is wrong, the sooner you can fix it. The fact that you are here on this forum is a solid first step.

I've kinda imagined escaping the Rat Race like you are bashing up against the door of a cage. With every attempt, you weaken the lock. Keep on banging on the door! You only have to knock the door down once and then you are free, but it will take multiple attempts.

I recommend reading through @G_Alexander 's threads. He joined the forum when he was 18. I'm not sure of specific examples that his thread can give you, but I think just reading through his threads and posts can encourage you to keep pushing forward.

Keep coming back to this forum! We are happy to have you!:)

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Cancel anytime

$7 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 44% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Crush Goals: 30% Off GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Save the best: bookmark/archive ability
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • Crush Goals: 50% Off a GoalSumo.com Subscription

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.