What's new

My Re-Introduction

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Knowledge Kick

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
It's been so long since I've frequented The Fastlane Forum that I felt compelled to write a new introduction. Hopefully you guys will have me back :tiphat:. Here's a brief synopsis of where I've been and where I'm going.

Ages 0-17

Nothing too profound happening here. Lower-middle class family. Not poverty, but closer to poor than to the true middle-class. Oldest of 5 kids, do the math. I was always smart, but probably a little too ADHD. My mom would never let them put me on any medication, though, because she said she didn't want me to act like a zombie. Anyway, I got good grades...mostly As, some Bs. I always felt like I could probably easily get all As if I could actually care about anything I was learning.

Ages 18-21

The worst years I've had. Life hit me hard. I came from being popular and a standout in high school to nobody really giving a shit anymore. These years are tough. It seems to be that most people view this age range as too young to really take serious but too old to feel bad for. You aren't a kid anymore and I learned that. During this time period, I tried college...I failed at college...I tried college again...I failed college again. I hated the people, I hated the classes, etc. I dropped out twice and became ineligible for the academic grants I received.

I tried everything. I went to so many bullshit interviews, I brainstormed so many scams and get rich quick ideas. I got my real estate license and tried that. I was so lost. I had potential, but that's about it. All of this confusion and hopelessness wasn't helped by the fact that I had a couple close friends die, my parents get divorced and a plethora of other dumb things.

Sad, right? Well, at least it doesn't last forever...

Ages 22-25

This is about the time when I woke up and said F#@! THIS. Coincidentally enough, this is the same time I joined The Fastlane Forum. I think I stumbled across it by Googling something along the lines of "I want to be successful no matter what". MJ was just getting started with his book back then and it seemed like a pretty friendly place, so I stayed. I still had no idea what I wanted to do, by the way, but I was determined, if nothing else.

At this same time, I decided to sign back up for college. I failed at it twice before, and lost my scholarships, but found out that I could still go back for free after all. I guess growing up poor my whole life did help me in this case. I accumulated a total of ZERO credits my first two tries at school. The next 120 should be a breeze...

Fueled by like-minded people on the forum, motivational stories and just an unrelenting desire to be better and take care of my family...I actually stuck everything out this time. I banged those goddamn 120 credits out, 18 credits per semester (12 is full time) and worked full-time while doing it. I became really interested in online business after joining this forum and decided that's what I wanted to really do. I was waiting tables at night and saving my tip money to invest in my business.

Here's something I learned about myself during this time period...I'm probably too confident. If I heard someone did something in 2 days, I think to myself, "wow...well that means that I can do it in 1". I'm usually wrong, but I think that stubbornness and confidence helps sometimes. I make this point because I really thought I would have this whole thing down and be rolling with one year. WRONG. I'm 4 years in now and have gotten MUCH better, but I'm still learning.

How much money did I make in the first 4 years? Honestly, not much...but it gets better.

THE PAST 1 YEAR

Okay, so now I graduated. I really want to run my own business, but I have no money. I decide to use that degree I worked so hard for and get a job. I took a job at JP Morgan as a stock analyst. Here's the tricky part of taking a job...the security feels good. I never had money my whole life, so getting a reliable $2,500 every 2 weeks felt good. I admit it. However, I was absolutely NOT happy here. The 60+ hours a week left me miserable and I came home every night exhausted and passed out.

I made sure I told myself that taking the job would only be a means to an end. I would save up (better/more) money and use it to invest in myself. I actually did do that. A couple months ago, I guess someone above me noticed I was pretty good and actually offered me a better, higher paying job within the company. That felt good because I finally got some validation. What felt better was turning it down. I had been building my business up little by little this entire time and was finally ready to dive in head first and take a huge risk. I figured that if I put as much time and effort into my business, as I did at work, I would kill it.

I gave my notice. Instead of starting in the new position on the first day of the 2nd Quarter 04/01, it was day 1 of being my own boss...FOR REAL this time.

Excuse me for not coming back until now, but for the last month I have been putting every waking second into this. I'm actually working more hours than I was in Investment Banking...but it feels SO much better and more fulfilling. I'm off to a great start so far. My goal for the first few months was to at least equal what I was making at work and then start to make more a little bit down the road.

I'm actually doing BETTER ALREADY and the upside/potential is ridiculous. I use the lessons I learned here every single day. I'll take any project that comes my way that can make money, but I'm always trying to flip that project into RESIDUAL income. I'm working my a$$ off to get my residual income working for me, so I can make money while I sleep. I don't want to trade my time for money and I damn sure don't want to sit in that cubicle ever again.

I'm sorry if I rambled, but I'm just excited for this next chapter of my life. I've come a long way and I'm proud of myself. I can just FEEL IT, when I think about what comes next. I AM SO CLOSE.

Thanks! :coolgleamA:

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vjev't e qsivvz exituni tvusz. Xjip zua niepv zua caomv aq zuas catopitt, jux nadj xisi zua neloph dunqesif vu zuas kuc op vji uggodi? Dep zua fowi opvu e movvmi nusi fiveom ecuav xjev vzqi ug catopitt?...idunnisdi, tiswodi, ivd. O apfistvepf ecuav puv howoph uav xjev zuas edvaem ofie ot. Ov't nuvowevoph vu miesp jux nepz vonit uvjist edvaemmz geom epf dep tvomm raodlmz vasp ov esuapf ev epz voni. Huuf madl!

Vjev't e qsivvz exituni tvusz. Xjip zua niepv zua caomv aq zuas catopitt, jux nadj xisi zua neloph dunqesif vu zuas kuc op vji uggodi? Dep zua fowi opvu e movvmi nusi fiveom ecuav xjev vzqi ug catopitt?...idunnisdi, tiswodi, ivd. O apfistvepf ecuav puv howoph uav xjev zuas edvaem ofie ot. Ov't nuvowevoph vu miesp jux nepz vonit uvjist edvaemmz geom epf dep tvomm raodlmz vasp ov esuapf ev epz voni. Huuf madl!

Jiz, tasi. Ov't e noyvasi ug i-dunnisdi epf tiswodi.

Zie, nep. O haitt cioph madlz ot civvis vjep cioph huuf...epf cioph sitomoipv ot civvis vjep cioph madlz.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom