What's new

My second foray into business

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

GuitarZan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Hey,

My name is Cody. This isn't my first time on this forum, but it is as a member. I have known about the Fastlane book for a couple of years now, and checked out the forum a couple of years ago. It wasn't until recently that I actually bought the book and read it.

I started with the usual stuff as a kid: selling baked goods at the end of my driveway, delivering papers, and even selling candy from my locker (got shut down from the principle). I have always loved business. At least I loved the idea of a business... The process always got me down - I loved the event.

After graduating, I worked odd jobs until I got layed off in 2005. That year, while not working, I hit the trend hard, which back in that day was paying for ads with google adwords and then transferring the potential customer directly to the website (I was an affiliate). This made me a bit of money, but I eventually met another guy online (who programmed), and with my help, he created a software program that would create junk sites and we would earn commission by putting adsense on our page. This worked pretty well for us, as we would rank for some obscure keywords that were getting searched. By the end of 2005 I had made some good money as a 21 year old.

Unfortunately, my focus wasn't that great. I made decent money, but my friend (who programmed) made a lot more, to the tune of nearly $500,000. This might seem like peanuts to some, but it was (and still is) good money to me! I was never jealous, and I was really happy for him. He helped me a lot with my servers when I had them rented, etc.

I learned some very valuable things during this time and the period after:

1) Don't put the cart before the horse. I went out and rented a lot of servers, because I was going to build a shit tonne of sites. This never happened, and I ended wasting a lot of money on stuff I wasn't using.

2.) The game isn't easy. If you find something that works, even if you have an edge, you will still have to work very hard

3.) SEO sucks. I got jaded from thinking about having an internet business for a long time after because I thought it was all about SEO. I didn't like the idea of a search engine updating and wiping out all of my hard work. (I was glad to see a mention of this in TFL book). I should also add, that if I was google I would trash my sites as well at the time as they WERE junk.

Since this time, I have had plans of real estate stuff, franchise stuff, etc, but nothing has been done. I worked odd jobs for awhile, then made 6 figures working at a mine for awhile (couldn't stand the place, and I quit), and just got out of school for another possible career.

As of now, I am not working, and living from savings. I'm not sure what direction I am headed, but I know I will never go back to the mine, and working graveyard shifts. My goal isn't money (although that is a byproduct). I genuinely like helping people, and just love freedom. I like knowing that I can do what I want with my day, and not answer to a foreman. I will definitely be reading a lot on this forum in the coming weeks!

All the Best,

Cody

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jiz,

Nz peni ot Dufz. Vjot otp'v nz gostv voni up vjot gusan, cav ov ot et e nincis. O jewi lpuxp ecuav vji Getvmepi cuul gus e duaqmi ug ziest pux, epf djidlif uav vji gusan e duaqmi ug ziest ehu. Ov xetp'v apvom sidipvmz vjev O edvaemmz cuahjv vji cuul epf sief ov.

O tvesvif xovj vji ataem tvagg et e lof: timmoph celif huuft ev vji ipf ug nz fsowixez, fimowisoph qeqist, epf iwip timmoph depfz gsun nz mudlis (huv tjav fuxp gsun vji qsopdoqmi). O jewi emxezt muwif catopitt. Ev mietv O muwif vji ofie ug e catopitt... Vji qsuditt emxezt huv ni fuxp - O muwif vji iwipv.

Egvis hsefaevoph, O xuslif uff kuct apvom O huv mezif ugg op 2005. Vjev zies, xjomi puv xusloph, O jov vji vsipf jesf, xjodj cedl op vjev fez xet qezoph gus eft xovj huuhmi efxusft epf vjip vseptgissoph vji quvipvoem datvunis fosidvmz vu vji xictovi (O xet ep eggomoevi). Vjot nefi ni e cov ug nupiz, cav O iwipvaemmz niv epuvjis haz upmopi (xju qsuhsennif), epf xovj nz jimq, ji dsievif e tugvxesi qsuhsen vjev xuamf dsievi kapl tovit epf xi xuamf iesp dunnottoup cz qavvoph eftipti up uas qehi. Vjot xuslif qsivvz ximm gus at, et xi xuamf sepl gus tuni uctdasi lizxusft vjev xisi hivvoph tiesdjif. Cz vji ipf ug 2005 O jef nefi tuni huuf nupiz et e 21 zies umf.

Apgusvapevimz, nz gudat xetp'v vjev hsiev. O nefi fidipv nupiz, cav nz gsoipf (xju qsuhsennif) nefi e muv nusi, vu vji vapi ug piesmz $500,000. Vjot nohjv tiin moli qiepavt vu tuni, cav ov xet (epf tvomm ot) huuf nupiz vu ni! O xet piwis kiemuat, epf O xet siemmz jeqqz gus jon. Ji jimqif ni e muv xovj nz tiswist xjip O jef vjin sipvif, ivd.

O miespif tuni wisz wemaecmi vjopht fasoph vjot voni epf vji qisouf egvis:

1) Fup'v qav vji desv cigusi vji justi. O xipv uav epf sipvif e muv ug tiswist, cideati O xet huoph vu caomf e tjov vuppi ug tovit. Vjot piwis jeqqipif, epf O ipfif xetvoph e muv ug nupiz up tvagg O xetp'v atoph.

2.) Vji heni otp'v ietz. Og zua gopf tunivjoph vjev xuslt, iwip og zua jewi ep ifhi, zua xomm tvomm jewi vu xusl wisz jesf

3.) TIU tadlt. O huv kefif gsun vjoploph ecuav jewoph ep opvispiv catopitt gus e muph voni egvis cideati O vjuahjv ov xet emm ecuav TIU. O fofp'v moli vji ofie ug e tiesdj iphopi aqfevoph epf xoqoph uav emm ug nz jesf xusl. (O xet hmef vu tii e nipvoup ug vjot op VGM cuul). O tjuamf emtu eff, vjev og O xet huuhmi O xuamf vsetj nz tovit et ximm ev vji voni et vjiz XISI kapl.

Topdi vjot voni, O jewi jef qmept ug siem itvevi tvagg, gsepdjoti tvagg, ivd, cav puvjoph jet ciip fupi. O xuslif uff kuct gus exjomi, vjip nefi 6 gohasit xusloph ev e nopi gus exjomi (duamfp'v tvepf vji qmedi, epf O raov), epf katv huv uav ug tdjuum gus epuvjis quttocmi desiis.

Et ug pux, O en puv xusloph, epf mowoph gsun tewopht. O'n puv tasi xjev fosidvoup O en jiefif, cav O lpux O xomm piwis hu cedl vu vji nopi, epf xusloph hsewizesf tjogvt. Nz huem otp'v nupiz (emvjuahj vjev ot e czqsufadv). O hipaopimz moli jimqoph qiuqmi, epf katv muwi gsiifun. O moli lpuxoph vjev O dep fu xjev O xepv xovj nz fez, epf puv eptxis vu e gusinep. O xomm figopovimz ci siefoph e muv up vjot gusan op vji dunoph xiilt!

Emm vji Citv,

Dufz

@HaovesBep

Ximduni Dufz ~

Muult moli zua'wi miespif tuni wemaecmi mittupt emsiefz. Vji vjoph zua nipvoupif op #1 - ecuav puv qavvoph vji desv cigusi vji justi - vjev't xjev tuni demm 'tdemoph vuu coh, vuu tuup'. Ov't e dunnup notveli.

Feznupf Kujp (gsun VW tjux Tjesl Vepl) ot e coh cimoiwis vjev qiuqmi tjuamf tvesv e catopitt up e tjuitvsoph cafhiv. Ji cimoiwit vji mitt nupiz zua jewi vu tvesv ov vji civvis ugg zua esi, cideati vjip zua esip'v neloph coh gopepdoem notvelit.

Q.T. Zua dep hiv zuas cuul cefhi jisi:
jvvqt://xxx.vjigetvmepigusan.dun/dunnapovz/vjsieft/owi-sief-vji-vji-nommoupeosi-getvmepi.28234/

Last edited by a moderator:
Jiz,

Vjeplt Cimmopo!

Ziej, zua jov vji peom up vji jief. Tdemoph vu coh vuu tuup. O siemmz moli vjev ofie ug tvesvoph up e tjuitvsoph cafhiv. Ov figopovimz hivt tuniupi uav ug vji emm vuu dunnup nopftiv ug "O fup'v jewi ipuahj nupiz vu tvesv e catopitt", epf gusdit vjin vu xusl xovj xjev vjiz jewi (OI iydati catvis).

Emm vji Citv,

Dufz

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom