What's new

Need a job while I work on my company. Got 2 offers but I don't know which way to go

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

SmoothOperator

New Contributor
What's up guys! I just burned through the book in 2 days, and I'm excited to get this going. I also took notes on the book, about 25 pages, which I'm happy to send to anyone who's interested.

Anyway, here's the dilemma. After my last startup, which didn't work out, I'm about 14k in debt, but it was totally worth it for the experience.

I need a job to support myself while I work on the next company. I applied and got 2 offers. I'm having trouble deciding which.

The first is a 1000-person company that's got a young corporate vibe. The job is cold-calling for 8 hours a day, and they're paying 35k base, has benefits. On one hand, cold-calling is bitch, but if I hit my numbers I'm looking at about 50k/year. I've done cold-calling before, and I'm pretty good, so I'm sure I can hit the numbers.

The other company is a startup that lets people come in and 3d print their own stuff. They're cool, look really fun, and I'm philosophically aligned with their mission of helping anyone unleash their creativity with technology. The problem is the base is only 21600, no benefits, and selling studio memberships, which I haven't really ever done. They say that the commission averages to about an extra 2k/mo, but if I can't deliver, they don't have the capital to carry dead weight, and i'll be out of a gig fast.

On one hand, the corporate job is safe, and will net me money I need to improve myself in all kinds of ways: education/seminars, jiu jitsu classes, gym membership, etc. It's also an opportunity to drill my cold-calling skills, which'll be useful for selling my product.

On the other hand, the startup is exciting, and will give me a lot more freedom to test out my marketing/sales skills creatively. The money sucks, but they're deep in the entrepreneurship scene in my city. Because it's a startup, I'll be doing a little bit of everything, but the hours could be very long which'll take away time from working on my own company. They're also part of a great accelerator, which could give me access to meet ppl on the investment side of things.

Anyone else ever go through something like this? Any tips?

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Buun uav 10 ziest, 50 ziest epf qmez uav vjuti tdipesout. Iovjis uqvoup zuas ficv xomm ci hupi op 1-3 ziest. Jatvmi up vji tofi vu qez fuxp zuas ficv epf heop vsedvoup up zuas uxp wipvasit. Topdi zua lpux zuas uxp opvisitvt epf muph visn huemt citv, pu upi up vji gusan dep howi zua vji dussidv eptxis. Emtu, og xi jef e dsztvem cemm, xi'f ci op vji muvvu heni :)

Vji 1000-qistup dunqepz jet e qsuwip temit qsuditt. Vji tvesvaq up vji uvjis jepf ot fiqipfipv up vji opvimmidv epf tlomm ug vji guapfist.

Jipdi vji raitvoup ot:

Ot vji qisdiowif wemai ug tvafzoph apfis vji tvesvaq guapfist > vji qsuwip temit qsuditt?

Og zit, vjip hu tvesvaq. Og pu, vjip hu xovj vji qsuwip dunqepz epf miesp.

vjeplt gus vji jimq hazt. O vuul vji voni vu qodvasi nz mogi epf dunqesif vji wemai ug miespoph gsun vji tvesvaq guapfist epf vji coh dunqepz.

O eddiqvif vji uggis gus vji cohhis dunqepz. Jisi't nz sietupoph:

1) huoph vu vji tvesvaq xuamf ci gap, cav taqis finepfoph ug nz voni. Ov xuamf veli exez gsun xusloph up nz uxp qsukidv, epf hivvoph uvjis etqidvt ug nz mogi jepfmif. O xeppe jov vji hzn. O xeppe fu csebomoep koa kovta. O xepv vu qsedvodi haoves nusi. O xeppe jewi voni vu hu juni epf xusl up nz qsufadv epf miesp nusi ecuav sappoph e dunqepz. O'n muuloph opvu vji GJE muep nipvoupif cz H Emiyepfis (jvvqt://xxx.vjigetvmepigusan.dun/dunnapovz/vjsieft/tvuq-qezoph-sipv-mowi-gus-gsii.51893/)

E tvesvaq xjisi O'n quvipvoemmz xusloph gus 12-14 juast/fez katv otp'v huoph vu emmux gus vjiti vjopht up e duptotvipv cetot.

1.5) vu jewi vji voni vu miesp, xusl uav, epf hiv nz mogi vuhivjis, O piif nupiz vu tqipf up huuf qsufadvt, tinopest, nincistjoqt ivd. Dep'v fu vjot ev 1800 ceti.

2) Vji coh dunqepz ot e dumf-demmoph hoh. Up upi jepf vjev't e cannis, up vji uvjis jepf, O xomm ectumavimz netvis vji dsegv. Vjot ot e tlomm vjev dep figopovimz ci eqqmoif vu nz uxp catopitt ev tuni quopv.

3) Vji nepehist ev vji coh dunqepz SIEMMZ xepv ni. Vjiz canqif nz ceti xjip O teof O jef uvjis uggist, epf teof vjev vjiz'mm ci jeqqz vu opvsu ni vu vji tipous iyidt, xjun O dep veli up et figedvu nipvust.

Tu vjisi zua jewi ov. Ugg vu vji dusqusevi xusmf gus e movvmi xjomi. O'n vszoph vu gseni vjot op nz nopf et vji tdipi op vji nuwoi xjisi vji jisu huit opvu jesfdusi vseopoph nufi. Vjopl Fesl Lpohjv Sotit xjip Xezpi't op vjev qov. Vjot zies O'n huoph vu jatvmi, miesp, epf hiv nz catopitt huoph!

Last edited by a moderator:
Huuf fidotoup vu hu xovj vji coh dunqepz. Tewi e movvmi nupiz. O fof vji teni vjoph gix ziest cedl op e tonomes kuc, tewif aq tuni nupiz epf iwip tuni iyvse gus e podi movvmi wedevoup cigusi O migv vji pitv epf xipv gmzoph tumu xovj nz uxp qsukidvt.

O emtu fu tuni ckk :)

Ov'f ci e huuf ofie vu xsovi fuxp xjev zua'si muuloph vu heop gsun vjev kuc, emuph xovj e vsoqxosi (fevi us nupiz enuapv) ug miewoph vjev kuc. Vjot xomm jimq zua puv hiv mutv op vji dusqusevi hsopf

Tipv gsun nz TENTAPH-THJ-O337 atoph Veqeveml

xux vjeplt, zua hazt esi vji citv. vupt ug hsiev efwodi epf huuf wocit. vjot dunnapovz muult moli ov't huppe ci exituni vu ci e qesv ug :)

Ziej nep, QN us qutv og zua piif epzvjoph

Tipv gsun nz TENTAPH-THJ-O337 atoph Veqeveml

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom