What's new

New Beginnings (Long Read)

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

wzrd

The Creator
Read Fastlane!
Hi Everyone,

I signed up a couple of days ago after purchasing MFT and seeing this forum quoted a couple of times. The first time I logged in and browsed through the forums I stood still looking at this precise forum "Introductions & Networking" and thought "Hey, I should start by letting people know who I am". But me being me being I wanted to write something else than "my age, my job, why I'm reading the MFT".
So I guess I'll start with the basics and take it from there (if you hadn't notice by now - I enjoy writing).

I'm a 20 year old guy from Portugal currently finishing my bachelors in Marketing, Advertising & Public Relationships. I decided to go to college because at 17 I had no idea where and who I wanted to be, so with my family supporting the decision I went ahead and enrolled. At the time I was suffering from depression, mostly because I was accepting the slowlane into my life as the only road, and wondering what meaning would it bring to my life and so without an horizon in sight I took my family's advice.
Nowadays I'm pretty glad I went to college not because of the teachings but because It allowed me to be near like minded people and stumble upon the Millionare Fastlane which is quickly becoming my favorite book. University so far has been more about becoming someone than learning how to become someone, if that makes sense.

Onto what I want...

What I want is "simple": Freedom and a legacy.
Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be a super hero, but later In life I came to the conclusion that real life superheroes exist behind the curtains, real life superheroes are the ones that offer value to their peers and - much to my satisfaction - are rewarded by doing so with the most incredible of prizes - Freedom (in form of currency).
As I am writing this, the path to becoming a "superhero" is very nicely put in MFT as I interpret that becoming a Fastlaner, is becoming a superhero to those around you since the value you bring and represent exponentially increases towards your peers.
What's stopping me right now? Besides myself I currently have no idea on what I want to do. In the book MJ talks about how he coded for hours on end but it was alright since he was enjoying it, same thing with Mark Cuban, both of them had passion for what they did and luckily it was something that generated prosperity in their lives. I'm not saying it was all stars and rainbows for them as I'm sure most of you know it wasn't but the passion to work on something simply isn't there for me at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bitch, writing my thoughts helps organizing my head.
I have a couple of hobbies and interests but none that I see adaptable towards to generate income.
I know where I want to be but I don't know how to get there. MFT is illuminating some of the steps, but not all of them (nor did I expect it to show every single one of them, as I am aware they're different like every single one of us, unique)
"Where there's a will, there's a way", hopefully I'll find my way soon and will be able to enjoy freedom by the time im 26.

If you made it this far, thank you.

TL;DR: 20 Year old Marketeer from Portugal.
If you're just reading the fine print, all the same (thank you for opening my thread I guess!).
I wish everyone in this forum nothing but sucess!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom