What's new

New Member Intro!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

FrankRumbauskas

Contributor
Hey all,

I'm new to the forum having first read the book almost a year ago, and then again this month.

I started my first successful business, which is still going strong, ten years ago in 2003 selling my "Never Cold Call Again" product online and that continues to generate about $30-40k/month without much time or input from me, save for writing three new articles & promo emails each week, and logging into Google AdWords for a few hours each month (I've tried to outsource AdWords twice, both times to very reputable companies, and both were disasters that temporarily crushed my revenue).

My niche is in the sales training business and since then I've become a NY Times best-selling author, and found out fast that books are HORRIBLE products. Something that Dan Kennedy says repeatedly. But they're good for bringing people to your website and buying high-margin products. I'm glad to be a best-seller but would have stopped at one published book if I knew then what I know now.

My income has been stuck at that same level for a few years. I went and spent a few days with my friend and fellow author Jeffrey Gitomer to get his insight into how he has an 8-figure business, and I was immediately turned off. While Jeffrey is a great guy, and one of the nicest and most generous people I've ever known, the reality is he has an 8-figure business by traveling and speaking 100+ days a year. Living in hotels for a third of the year is a TOTAL non-option for me. I've always hated travel, and no way do I want to be away from home with a 2-year old and another one on the way!

The other problem with sales training is that you ARE the brand. It's not a sellable asset. I *am* my business as Jeffrey is his. So over the past year I've been working on my real Fastlane: An online marketing consultancy that can be sold after a large client base & revenue stream has been built.

Lucky for me, my success with NeverColdCall.com has come from knowing how to generate massive traffic to the website. Same goes for getting on the NY Times best-seller list, and over time that has attracted people to me seeking help. My goal now is building up my online marketing agency (focusing on enterprise-level SEO and Reputation Management) to the point where I can sell it for eight figures, which shouldn't take too long at the rate we're going. In fact I just picked up a $20k/month Reputation Management client and the profit margin on that is around 80% so it doesn't take a ton of those to have a VERY valuable Fastlane, especially since I'm not doing the actual work.

I'm especially encouraged to know that a local SEO agency recently sold for $25 million and another SEO sold for $100 million. And another provider selling relatively simple and ineffective link pyramids has sold for $25 as well. So their appears to be something of a "dot-com" phenomenon going on right now with SEO agencies being bought out for big bucks - hence my urgency to turn this into a massive Fastlane, fast!

I live in Dallas and Mark Cuban's house is only a short detour on my way to my office, so I drive by at least once a week for inspiration. And BTW Mark's short e-book available on his blog is AWESOME. I can read the whole thing in a couple of hours and it's a nice shot of motivation when needed! (One of my SEO guys worked with Mark in the 1990s around the birth of Broadcast.com which is pretty damn cool. He had a chance to get in on it but didn't - his regret, my gain for getting a smart guy on the team!)

Anyway, that's my story. I'm 40, recently married, love my life and have loved it for 10 years since my first successful business took off - and currently it's still my top income source - but ready to really kick my a$$ into high gear and get into a KILLER Fastlane that can be sold as an asset and isn't a self-branded, self-employment type gig like the sales training/speaking business.

Frank

PS: At the time I started NeverColdCall.com in 2003 and for the few years prior I was piss broke and was spending time at the Phoenix Public Library reading and learning, so that part of MJ's story really brought back some great memories!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hsiev opvsu qutv - muvt ug optqosevoup op ov - huuf madl caomfoph zuas vsai Getvmepi!

Hsiev opvsu, emnutv nottif ov!

O'wi ciduni e PZ Vonit citv-timmoph eavjus, epf guapf uav getv vjev cuult esi JUSSOCMI qsufadvt. Tunivjoph vjev Fep Lippifz tezt siqievifmz. Cav vjiz'si huuf gus csophoph qiuqmi vu zuas xictovi epf cazoph johj-neshop qsufadvt. O'n hmef vu ci e citv-timmis cav xuamf jewi tvuqqif ev upi qacmotjif cuul og O lpix vjip xjev O lpux pux.

O sinincis siefoph ecuav vjot cigusi O gostv tvesvif xsovoph VNG... ov xet tunivjoph O fofp'v xepv vu fu et nz uckidvowi xetp'v vu timm duedjoph, tinopest, us tuni $997 10 fotd qsuhsen... juxiwis, e muv ug VNG siefist amvonevimz ipf aq kuopoph vji Optofis gusan xjodj jet vaspif opvu ep apqmeppif "Cedlipf". *Vjiz* tez xsovoph e cuul xovjuav tuni vzqi ug aqtimm us cedlipf ot eavjus tedsomihi.

O'n tasi nepz ug vji timg-qaccist jisi (opmdafoph nztimg) xuamf muwi vu jies ecuav zuas iyqisoipdi op qacmotjoph.

Ximduni ecuesf!

Epz ofie xjev lopf ug namvoqmit vjuti ehipdz temit gohasit siqsitipv? Jux esi zua tdemoph zuas ehipdz (og zua'si xommoph vu tjesi)?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom