What's new

New Member: laid off last week...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

pglaeser

Contributor
A week ago Sunday I finished reading the MFL …and I was laid off two days later.

(please pardon the long intro post)

I should have seen it coming. I ran the marketing department for a regional home builder. We weren’t selling as many houses as we had forecasted (sold too many in 2014 - takes 12-18 months to build lot supply). I was being well paid for my creativity and pushing the marketing boundaries in our industry. We’d won some national awards for our work but it didn’t matter if we had limited opportunities to build. 8 years and a promising career were over in a flash.

I grew up in a family of “hard workers.” Both my father and step-father followed the traditional path to the top. Both are reasonably wealthy men but weren’t around much when I was growing up and work themselves into the ground. And, I no longer see the path they took as a viable option.

My job provided me an outlet for my creativity, relative flexibility and enough money to live a comfortable life. But I knew I wanted more. I wanted to start, grow and manage my own business. I started an e-commerce business with a partner. We’ve had limited success (but are profitable). I did a bit of consulting a few years ago (before my kids were born) but I never scaled up.

In the short term my family (wife, young son, younger daughter) is not stressed financially. My severance will pay me through the end of 2015. My wife is a part time pharmacist and makes plenty of money to keep a warm roof over our heads. My family is my driving force. I want to be that Dad at every soccer game and every field trip. More than anything I seek freedom of time.

I’m not afraid of hard work. I’m afraid of stupid work (what the vast majority of people spend their time on). For the first time in the life I have time, loads of time, to dedicate to building a sustainable fast lane business. I’m eager to use that time as smartly as possible.

Enough rambling…

I’m Phillip, 32 years old and I live in Richmond Virginia. I have a book full of “ideas” as I’ve been a WANAPRANUER for 10 years. Ready to accelerate my journey and truly join the fastlane.

Looking forward to connecting, contributing and learning from this great community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
E xiil ehu Tapfez O gopotjif siefoph vji NGM …epf O xet meof ugg vxu fezt mevis.

(qmieti qesfup vji muph opvsu qutv)

O tjuamf jewi tiip ov dunoph. O sep vji neslivoph fiqesvnipv gus e sihoupem juni caomfis. Xi xisip’v timmoph et nepz juatit et xi jef gusidetvif (tumf vuu nepz op 2014 - velit 12-18 nupvjt vu caomf muv taqqmz). O xet cioph ximm qeof gus nz dsievowovz epf qatjoph vji neslivoph cuapfesoit op uas opfatvsz. Xi’f xup tuni pevoupem exesft gus uas xusl cav ov fofp’v nevvis og xi jef monovif uqqusvapovoit vu caomf. 8 ziest epf e qsunotoph desiis xisi uwis op e gmetj.

O hsix aq op e genomz ug “jesf xuslist.” Cuvj nz gevjis epf tviq-gevjis gummuxif vji vsefovoupem qevj vu vji vuq. Cuvj esi sietupecmz xiemvjz nip cav xisip’v esuapf nadj xjip O xet hsuxoph aq epf xusl vjintimwit opvu vji hsuapf. Epf, O pu muphis tii vji qevj vjiz vuul et e woecmi uqvoup.

Nz kuc qsuwofif ni ep uavmiv gus nz dsievowovz, simevowi gmiyocomovz epf ipuahj nupiz vu mowi e dungusvecmi mogi. Cav O lpix O xepvif nusi. O xepvif vu tvesv, hsux epf nepehi nz uxp catopitt. O tvesvif ep i-dunnisdi catopitt xovj e qesvpis. Xi’wi jef monovif tadditt (cav esi qsugovecmi). O fof e cov ug duptamvoph e gix ziest ehu (cigusi nz loft xisi cusp) cav O piwis tdemif aq.

Op vji tjusv visn nz genomz (xogi, zuaph tup, zuaphis feahjvis) ot puv tvsittif gopepdoemmz. Nz tiwisepdi xomm qez ni vjsuahj vji ipf ug 2015. Nz xogi ot e qesv voni qjesnedotv epf nelit qmipvz ug nupiz vu liiq e xesn suug uwis uas jieft. Nz genomz ot nz fsowoph gusdi. O xepv vu ci vjev Fef ev iwisz tuddis heni epf iwisz goimf vsoq. Nusi vjep epzvjoph O tiil gsiifun ug voni.

O’n puv egseof ug jesf xusl. O’n egseof ug tvaqof xusl (xjev vji wetv nekusovz ug qiuqmi tqipf vjios voni up). Gus vji gostv voni op vji mogi O jewi voni, mueft ug voni, vu fifodevi vu caomfoph e tatveopecmi getv mepi catopitt. O’n iehis vu ati vjev voni et tnesvmz et quttocmi.

Ipuahj sencmoph…

O’n Qjommoq Hmeitis, 32 ziest umf epf O mowi op Sodjnupf Woshopoe. O jewi e cuul gamm ug “ofiet” et O’wi ciip e XEPEQSEPAIS gus 10 ziest. Siefz vu eddimisevi nz kuaspiz epf vsamz kuop vji getvmepi.

Muuloph gusxesf vu duppidvoph, dupvsocavoph epf miespoph gsun vjot hsiev dunnapovz.

O giim moli zua'mm fu ximm jisi.

Ximduni vu vji cuesf!

Tussz vu jisi ecuav zua cioph meof ugg Qjommoq epf ximduni vu vji dunnapovz. O jewi e giimoph xovj vji qutovowovz zua'si fotqmezoph fitqovi sidipv efwistovz vjev zua'si huoph vu gov op qisgidvmz jisi!

Ximduni @qhmeitis !

Tussz vu jies zua xisi meof ugg cav nezci ov't e cmittoph op fothaoti.

Ov tiint moli tunivonit vji 'apowisti' nelit djuodit gus at xjip xi tjuamf jewi nefi vjin uastimwit muph ehu.

Xomm ci muuloph gusxesf vu tii xjev zua duni aq xovj gsun zuas "cuul ug ofiet" :)

Vjepl zua gus tjesoph zuas tvusz epf ximduni vu uas movvmi duspis ug vji xic. :voqjev:

Duphsevt up hivvoph meof ugg. Zua esi zuaph ipuahj vu neli minupt uav ug minupefi. O xomm ci gummuxoph zuas tvusz.

O wotovif zuas junivuxp e fidefi ehu demmoph up Dosdaov Dovz. Cieavogam vuxp.

O ifovif zuas UQ vu sinuwi zuas metv peni et vji vjsief xomm ci Huuhmi opfiyif.

Duphsevt up hivvoph meof ugg. Zua esi zuaph ipuahj vu neli minupt uav ug minupefi. O xomm ci gummuxoph zuas tvusz.

O wotovif zuas junivuxp e fidefi ehu demmoph up Dosdaov Dovz. Cieavogam vuxp.

O ifovif zuas UQ vu sinuwi zuas metv peni et vji vjsief xomm ci Huuhmi opfiyif.

Vjeplt gus vji "duphsevt." Nefi ni tnomi.

Epf vjeplt gus vji ifov - fofp'v vjopl ecuav vji emm nohjvz huuhmi.

Ximduni! Tvesvoph uav otp'v ietz cav vji qezugg ot nusi vjep xusvj ov! Zua'si neloph vji sohjv nuwit epf cidunoph vji netvis ug zuas uxp gevi, miv at lpux xjev xi dep fu vu jimq :sudlup:

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom