What's new

New nember coming your way

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Oscar Toro

Contributor
Hello everybody,
My name is Oscar, and I wish to start my journey and share it with you, but first, some information about myself:
I have 24 years, finished the career of Industrial Engineering ay my local university.
My first job was at finance, developping and managing innovative financial products. I worked here and got amused of the slowlane. I did my job really fast, got great results, really good feedback and, well, I liked it. I worked here while I was still studying.
Afterwards, I finished studying, and got stuck doing nothing for a while, I quit my job as the same time I finished school.
While I was there, doing nothing with my life, applying to jobs, I got sick. I believe this was the worst time on my life. I consider myself a really inteligent person, but, on that period of time, I though I was the most stupid because I couldn't find a job, my friends left me (It´s true that everybody wants to be with you when you are in a good position, but when something happens, all your friends disappear).
I got really depressed. I called my friends but none of them wanted to hang out with me. This oppened my eyes.
In this time, some good things happened, but with my mood, I saw everything as bad. I got first on a list, to work on a state agency. But they never called me (They eventually did).
I remember getting out of the interview really excited because I did well, and even got happier when I saw my name as candidate #1 for the job.
Well, I told myself, there´s got to be something to do. I started studying to get some networking, but I was really young and nobody took me seriusly on the courses I took. Afterwards I decided to apply to state-related programs that only relied on my skill.
Once I got on foot, when I change my mind to go get it (Even though I saw my classmates, who weren´t the best in classes, getting really good jobs, well in that time that bothered me, I had a really bad mentality=.
And finally I got a job interview, where I did really well; but guess what, I was competing against the son of a directory member in the organization, so... you know how this ends.
In that time, even though I started going to courses and educating myself, I also was gaming. I played League of Legends (For those who know, I reached Diamond 4 which was cool for me).
Gaming took most of my time so, pretty much, I was wasting it. I was waiting for the big chance, but wasting my time doing something that wouldn´t pay out.
Finally, I got another job interview, which I totally nailed. I got into a nice job, which I'm staying for one more month, I've allready quit.
I got up again, got a nice salary (in Peru, which internationally won´t be good), and did really good.
The first 6~7 months, I just went partying with my salary. I got back my friends (which wasn´t a good choice), and blew my money on alcohol.
Finally I decided I had to do something with my life, maybe last year, so I started studying Business Administration on a really expensive program (Again, expensive on my country reality).
I felt I got railed, but I didn´t.
All I did was go to classes, read from time to time, get good grades, mostly because the program wasnt as hard as I thoughy. But finally, last year I decided my life HAD to go somewhere and the time to get into the right path was TODAY. (Well today somewhere on november last year).
I ditched all my bad friends, well, I just stopped going out that much and stopped drinking, so they naturally disappeared, and allied with my sister to get a business.
We sold jewerlly, she earned a lot of money, from her work, and the business. Right now she is travelling around the world, with the money she saved, and waiting to go study abroad with a scholarship she won.
And me, I started reading a lot. A LOT. Starting looking for ways to get money, get better at work, get a better job, get a better learning.
I was there until I found the Millionaire-Fastlane book, maybe 1 week ago. I read it and changed the way I saw things (I read some other GURUS, and when I found this book I was reading about the stock market, actually I won 20% of my investment buying OIL ETF's, but I´m not going back there).
Now I´ve got my vision clear.
I´m going through the fastlane, and I´ll share my experience with you guys.
What I´m doing now:
-I quit my job about 2 months ago, but I´ll stay one more month. They asked me too.
-I want to focus into: Creating a sales network in my town. This is the most important thing for me. I got some ideas so I can sell without incurring into big fixed costs.
-I´ll continue selling jewerlly (BTW Peruvian silver and gold are really good), mostly with the network I´m aiming to create.
-Find out about more businesses, get involved in everything I can (But also, doing it RIGHT).
I'm using the book teachings to guide my journey, and reading more books to get more and more knowledge about business.
Finally, english isn´t my first language so, If I made any mistake, please correct me so I can improve.
Have a good night everyone.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom