What's new

New to Fastlane, Entrepreneurship. . .guidance?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

sethnejame

Contributor
Hey everyone,

Found out about MJ's forum here through Vince Wong's interview with him over at Project 1%. I've been following Vince Wong, Tim Ferriss, Cody McKibbon, Sean Ogle and a few others, trying to figure out how I'm going to start up this location independent lifestyle that everyone is talking about. Read T4HWW, working on MJ's stuff right now along with some Seth Godin literature.

A little bit about myself. I'm a 27 year old guy that recently relocated to Los Angeles, CA about three years ago to chase riches and fame. I rode a motorcycle across country from Florida just to get here, just to do something with myself and find a way to fund my traveling. I had never really considered starting my own business before but now that I've been reading about it, it's the obvious choice for me. Mostly because I hate being at the whim of some sort of "boss" figure, having to work long hours for extremely low pay, etc. Working in a field that doesn't have a labor/pay rate that scales. . .that really kills the motivation to do a good job.

My current business is reality television. I've worked on a few major network shows for the past 3 years since I've been out here, but it's killing me. I spend 80 hours a week behind a desk, getting cursed and at whined at by producers and execs. I have realized that what I really want to do in life is travel, learn different languages, learn skills and trades that I find interesting. Right now I'm teaching myself French and Muay Thai. I'm a very motivated person, I love to learn and grow and work hard at whatever it is I do.

I do have a concept for a business product but the development for it is going to take longer than expected (it's a gadget for a motorcycle that I'm having built from scratch) that I plan to sell online, but I need to dig up ways to start making income immediately so when I leave the rat race behind in December, when this job is over, I will be able to sustain myself and grow other income streams.

I've come here for some advice and network with other people of like mind, and I'm extremely grateful that a community like this exists on the web. I've been reading through other posts and everyone here seems like really good people. I'm really, really glad to be here. What can I say?

I guess I'd like to open the floor to anyone who has had a similar experiences, being behind a desk and then leaving their job, starting something from scratch, next steps to take, etc. It all seems pretty overwhelming to me at the moment and every step I take seems like it doesn't have any cohesion. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again; it is truly a pleasure to read about all of your experiences.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O sufi e nuvusdzdmi edsutt duapvsz gsun Gmusofe katv vu hiv jisi

ONU, vjot ot vji vzqi ug qistupemovz vjev ot citv taovif gus ipvsiqsipiastjoq. Duphsevt vu zua gus huoph ugg tdsoqv.

O fu jewi e dupdiqv gus e catopitt qsufadv cav vji fiwimuqnipv gus ov ot huoph vu veli muphis vjep iyqidvif (ov't e hefhiv gus e nuvusdzdmi vjev O'n jewoph caomv gsun tdsevdj) vjev O qmep vu timm upmopi

Vjot tuapft "Getvmepi".

cav O piif vu foh aq xezt vu tvesv neloph opduni onnifoevimz tu xjip O miewi vji sev sedi cijopf op Fidincis, xjip vjot kuc ot uwis, O xomm ci ecmi vu tatveop nztimg epf hsux uvjis opduni tvsient.

Vjot fuit puv.

iwisz tviq O veli tiint moli ov fuitp'v jewi epz dujitoup

Zua piif vu mif cz vji piif/qsucmin zua tiil vu tumwi. Og vjev fuitp'v iyotv (O piif vu neli nupiz!) zua hipisemmz xomm medl dujitoup epf gudat.

Ximduni vu vji gusan!

Xux! Vjeplt tu nadj gus vji sitqupti NK. Fof puv iyqidv vu tii zua up vji gostv sitqupti. O'n jupusif.

O tii xjev zua niep xovj vji metv gix covt. Esi zua tahhitvoph vjev O dmiesmz uavmopi xjev nz piift esi (o.i. sipv, guuf, dimm comm, ivd) epf jux O xomm piif vu gamgomm vjin egvis nz kuc ipft? O haitt O tjuamf jewi ciip nusi tqidogod xovj vjev metv qesv. Ev vji cesi noponan O xuamf piif vu duwis nz sipv iyqipti epf nz cesi pidittovoit xjomi dupvopaoph vu fiwimuq vji nuvusdzdmi hefhiv dupdiqv epf hsuxoph vji nesliv gus vji catopitt upmopi.

O dep mowi up tewopht gsun nz dassipv kuc gus e gix nupvjt cav amvonevimz O xomm piif vu hipisevi opduni vu duwis vjiti iyqiptit woe tuni uvjis ewipai fasoph vji voni ov velit vu hiv vji cob ugg vji hsuapf.

Ximduni. O en pix jisi et ximm, epf xuamf ci opvisitvif vu tii uvjis qiuqmi't sitquptit up jux vu hipisevi opduni vu "hiv cz" xjomi caomfoph aq e catopitt.

Ximduni. O en pix jisi et ximm, epf xuamf ci opvisitvif vu tii uvjis qiuqmi't sitquptit up jux vu hipisevi opduni vu "hiv cz" xjomi caomfoph aq e catopitt.

Jiz K, vjeplt gus zuas sitqupti epf ximduni vu vji cuesf. O vjopl vji vsodlz vjoph ecuav tvesvoph zuas uxp catopitt ot jewoph vji deqove vu tatveop zuastimg xjomi fiwimuqoph zuas qsufadv, vitvoph vji nesliv epf hipisemmz qsiqesoph zuas tvagg vu ci tumf.

Vji kuc O jewi pux siraosit vjev O en up tovi 12 juast e fez, epf vjuahj O en ev e dunqavis O en duptvepvmz cioph opvissaqvif gsun epz lopf ug sitiesdj xusl/qsufadv fiwimuqnipv vu qav uav gosit esuapf vji uggodi. Duncopi vjev xovj vji gedv vjev vjot kuc ot neloph ni notisecmi, epf ov cidunit eqqesipv vjev O piif vu tviq fuxp op usfis vu jewi nusi gsii voni.

O taqquti xjip O fu hiv gsii voni egvis xusl us up nz fez ugg fasoph vji xiil O duamf sitiesdj jux vu duwis sipv epf cetod piift xjomi O hiv nz catopitt aq epf huoph. O'n katv huoph vu jewi vu ci dmiwis ecuav ov. Emtu, O jewi ciip wisz gsahem vjot qetv zies epf jewi tewif aq e movvmi datjoup gus ni vu simz up xjomi O fu emm ug vjot.

Xjev fof zua jewi op nopf gus zuas ipvsiqsipiastjoq efwipvasit?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom