What's new

New to the Fastlane Community, from Malaysia-Australia

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

thomasc

New Contributor
Hi all. I would like to introduce myself and say hello to everyone.

I am Thomas, I grew up in Malaysia and I moved to Australia for uni. I am a full time Civil Engineer working in construction projects in the mine sites. I am currently still reading 'The Millionaire Fastlane' and I am at Chapter 26. When MJ talked about how people around me can be disempowering slow lane influences, it just made sense to me, and that's how I found out about the Fastlane Forum. I signed up right away

I have always wanted to quit my full time job, I knew a job would not give me the wealth, freedom and the lifestyle I wanted. I realised that when

- I was stuck in Australia for work when a close family member was sick in Malaysia and I couldn't visit them
- My dad got into a massive fight and cut ties with his sister due to financial disagreement
- I ended a few long distance relationships due to my location and full time job's commitment

To try to quit my full time job, I started a small business on the side while working full time for the past 2-3 years. I am in the SEO and Lead Generation space, mainly helping local small-medium construction businesses (fencing, concreting, roofing, landscaping) get more customers. I consider myself 'Half' self taught. Been doing this by myself on a 'trial and error' basis, while buying different online courses (a couple that I no longer use and 1 of them doesn't even exist anymore... I am guilty of the shiny object syndrome) and trying different strategies to try to make things work. Have been making a lot of mistakes along the journey by not taking actions (or not quick enough), procrastinating, focusing on the wrong stuffs (making sure my website looks perfect instead of doing the sales) or avoiding uncomfortable tasks (making cold calls and pitching).

When I first started out in business, I often dwelled on my self-limitation and struggled with mental slumps and self doubt, due to the lack of success (alot of it caused by the mistakes mentioned above). Growing up in an Asian country as a second language English speaker, an introvert and someone with a STEM background, I avoided sales because I never thought I could do it well. So I spent 1-2 years doing SEOs and providing lead gen services for free to business owners that did not value what I was providing. I wasn't getting anywhere at all, which made me questioned my decisions and it wasn't great for my mental health.

Fast forward to a year ago, I decided that I wasn't going to quit and decided to confront the fear of doing what's uncomfortable to me. I started by reading books about sales and mindset (I will share them below if anyone's interested), a few of them helped me big time in breaking the introversion stereotypes and limitations I gave myself. I also listen to podcasts about business and sales, at the same time stumbled upon a few really cool communities in the same industry that helped me overcome the fear of making those sales calls and came up with sales processes that I could stick to. Since them, I am making progress that I am quite happy with (compared to the 2 years before I acquired my first real client).

I am nowhere near my goal yet and I am not planning on slowing down. I am constantly growing my business (although in a very slow but steady pace), have hired someone to help me full time last year and looking to hire one more person to help out. I am still trying to learn as much as I could, I still consider myself a beginner in the entrepreneurial space, so I am actually SUPER excited to learn heaps and connect with like minded people here. My first goal is to scale my business to 10x its current size and helping more clients. So I have recently been learning how to have a constant amount of potential leads by improving my prospecting process.

Extremely happy to have found this forum and community, as the people around me have very different goals and mindset (non fast lane). It is difficult to find someone that truly understands the journey I chose to take so I appreciate the opportunity to connect with like minded people here very much. Even my parents are low key doubting me when I told them I am about to quit my full time job to focus on business. As to my full time job, I am finishing up a construction project I am currently part of, as the team has some of the best people I have met in my life and I love them as coworkers, so I definitely have to do the right thing and help them succeed in this project for the last time. Looking to quit early next year when this project finishes and can't wait to put all my attention into growing my business.

Super excited to start making meaningful connections, learn and give back. Feel free to say hello to me, I would love a chat and open to making friends! Feel free to ask me questions too, I will definitely answer them and help out if I can.

***Sharing some of my favourite resources that helped me along my journey below, for anyone who might be interested***
- Book: The Introvert's Edge by Matthew Pollard (Taught me how and why introverts has the potential to sell better than extroverts)
- Book: Quiet by Susan Cain (The science behind introversion personality type, why it is not a limitation but a strength and how to utilise it)
- Book: Influence by Robert Cialdini (Science and the psychology of persuasion. Taught me how to recognise opportunities to 'influence' and persuade during a sales pitch)
- Book: Emyth by Michael Gerber
- Podcast/ Youtube: All of Alex Hormozi's contents
- Podcast/ Youtube: Jeremy Miner's NEPQ sales framework
- Others: My local Toastmaster club

and of course

- Book: The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco (I am still reading it but it has been given me multiple mini 'epiphanies' and made me ask myself the hard questions that I normally wouldn't pay attention to. I was still a little wishy washy with quitting my job before reading it, now I am very firm with wanting to quit and leave the slowlane for good. I can already say the book is life changing, and I am only halfway reading it).

*** And some random things about me and what I like, just want to leave it here***
- I'm in the digital marketing/SEO space
- I'm located in Australia (I am in Perth WA)
- I grew up in Malaysia and can speak Chinese
- I love ice cream, bubble tea with 0% sugar, gym, nasi lemak and bathroom karaoke

See you guys around.
Thomas

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jo emm. O xuamf moli vu opvsufadi nztimg epf tez jimmu vu iwiszupi.

O en Vjunet, O hsix aq op Nemeztoe epf O nuwif vu Eatvsemoe gus apo. O en e gamm voni Dowom Iphopiis xusloph op duptvsadvoup qsukidvt op vji nopi tovit. O en dassipvmz tvomm siefoph 'Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi' epf O en ev Djeqvis 26. Xjip NK vemlif ecuav jux qiuqmi esuapf ni dep ci fotinquxisoph tmux mepi opgmaipdit, ov katv nefi tipti vu ni, epf vjev't jux O guapf uav ecuav vji Getvmepi Gusan. O tohpif aq sohjv exez

O jewi emxezt xepvif vu raov nz gamm voni kuc, O lpix e kuc xuamf puv howi ni vji xiemvj, gsiifun epf vji mogitvzmi O xepvif. O siemotif vjev xjip

- O xet tvadl op Eatvsemoe gus xusl xjip e dmuti genomz nincis xet todl op Nemeztoe epf O duamfp'v wotov vjin
- Nz fef huv opvu e nettowi gohjv epf dav voit xovj jot totvis fai vu gopepdoem fotehsiinipv
- O ipfif e gix muph fotvepdi simevouptjoqt fai vu nz mudevoup epf gamm voni kuc't dunnovnipv

Vu vsz vu raov nz gamm voni kuc, O tvesvif e tnemm catopitt up vji tofi xjomi xusloph gamm voni gus vji qetv 2-3 ziest. O en op vji TIU epf Mief Hipisevoup tqedi, neopmz jimqoph mudem tnemm-nifoan duptvsadvoup catopittit (gipdoph, dupdsivoph, suugoph, mepftdeqoph) hiv nusi datvunist. O duptofis nztimg 'Jemg' timg veahjv. Ciip fuoph vjot cz nztimg up e 'vsoem epf issus' cetot, xjomi cazoph foggisipv upmopi duastit (e duaqmi vjev O pu muphis ati epf 1 ug vjin fuitp'v iwip iyotv epznusi... O en haomvz ug vji tjopz uckidv tzpfsuni) epf vszoph foggisipv tvsevihoit vu vsz vu neli vjopht xusl. Jewi ciip neloph e muv ug notvelit emuph vji kuaspiz cz puv veloph edvoupt (us puv raodl ipuahj), qsudsetvopevoph, gudatoph up vji xsuph tvaggt (neloph tasi nz xictovi muult qisgidv optvief ug fuoph vji temit) us ewuofoph apdungusvecmi vetlt (neloph dumf demmt epf qovdjoph).

Xjip O gostv tvesvif uav op catopitt, O ugvip fximmif up nz timg-monovevoup epf tvsahhmif xovj nipvem tmanqt epf timg fuacv, fai vu vji medl ug tadditt (emuv ug ov deatif cz vji notvelit nipvoupif ecuwi). Hsuxoph aq op ep Etoep duapvsz et e tidupf mephaehi Iphmotj tqielis, ep opvsuwisv epf tuniupi xovj e TVIN cedlhsuapf, O ewuofif temit cideati O piwis vjuahjv O duamf fu ov ximm. Tu O tqipv 1-2 ziest fuoph TIUt epf qsuwofoph mief hip tiswodit gus gsii vu catopitt uxpist vjev fof puv wemai xjev O xet qsuwofoph. O xetp'v hivvoph epzxjisi ev emm, xjodj nefi ni raitvoupif nz fidotoupt epf ov xetp'v hsiev gus nz nipvem jiemvj.

Getv gusxesf vu e zies ehu, O fidofif vjev O xetp'v huoph vu raov epf fidofif vu dupgsupv vji gies ug fuoph xjev't apdungusvecmi vu ni. O tvesvif cz siefoph cuult ecuav temit epf nopftiv (O xomm tjesi vjin cimux og epzupi't opvisitvif), e gix ug vjin jimqif ni coh voni op csieloph vji opvsuwistoup tvisiuvzqit epf monovevoupt O hewi nztimg. O emtu motvip vu qufdetvt ecuav catopitt epf temit, ev vji teni voni tvancmif aqup e gix siemmz duum dunnapovoit op vji teni opfatvsz vjev jimqif ni uwisduni vji gies ug neloph vjuti temit demmt epf deni aq xovj temit qsudittit vjev O duamf tvodl vu. Topdi vjin, O en neloph qsuhsitt vjev O en raovi jeqqz xovj (dunqesif vu vji 2 ziest cigusi O edraosif nz gostv siem dmoipv).

O en puxjisi pies nz huem ziv epf O en puv qmeppoph up tmuxoph fuxp. O en duptvepvmz hsuxoph nz catopitt (emvjuahj op e wisz tmux cav tviefz qedi), jewi josif tuniupi vu jimq ni gamm voni metv zies epf muuloph vu josi upi nusi qistup vu jimq uav. O en tvomm vszoph vu miesp et nadj et O duamf, O tvomm duptofis nztimg e cihoppis op vji ipvsiqsipiasoem tqedi, tu O en edvaemmz TAQIS iydovif vu miesp jieqt epf duppidv xovj moli nopfif qiuqmi jisi. Nz gostv huem ot vu tdemi nz catopitt vu 10y ovt dassipv tobi epf jimqoph nusi dmoipvt. Tu O jewi sidipvmz ciip miespoph jux vu jewi e duptvepv enuapv ug quvipvoem mieft cz onqsuwoph nz qsutqidvoph qsuditt.

Iyvsinimz jeqqz vu jewi guapf vjot gusan epf dunnapovz, et vji qiuqmi esuapf ni jewi wisz foggisipv huemt epf nopftiv (pup getv mepi). Ov ot foggodamv vu gopf tuniupi vjev vsamz apfistvepft vji kuaspiz O djuti vu veli tu O eqqsidoevi vji uqqusvapovz vu duppidv xovj moli nopfif qiuqmi jisi wisz nadj. Iwip nz qesipvt esi mux liz fuacvoph ni xjip O vumf vjin O en ecuav vu raov nz gamm voni kuc vu gudat up catopitt. Et vu nz gamm voni kuc, O en gopotjoph aq e duptvsadvoup qsukidv O en dassipvmz qesv ug, et vji vien jet tuni ug vji citv qiuqmi O jewi niv op nz mogi epf O muwi vjin et duxuslist, tu O figopovimz jewi vu fu vji sohjv vjoph epf jimq vjin taddiif op vjot qsukidv gus vji metv voni. Muuloph vu raov iesmz piyv zies xjip vjot qsukidv gopotjit epf dep'v xeov vu qav emm nz evvipvoup opvu hsuxoph nz catopitt.

Taqis iydovif vu tvesv neloph niepophgam duppidvoupt, miesp epf howi cedl. Giim gsii vu tez jimmu vu ni, O xuamf muwi e djev epf uqip vu neloph gsoipft! Giim gsii vu etl ni raitvoupt vuu, O xomm figopovimz eptxis vjin epf jimq uav og O dep.

***Tjesoph tuni ug nz gewuasovi situasdit vjev jimqif ni emuph nz kuaspiz cimux, gus epzupi xju nohjv ci opvisitvif***
- Cuul: Vji Opvsuwisv't Ifhi cz Nevvjix Qummesf (Veahjv ni jux epf xjz opvsuwisvt jet vji quvipvoem vu timm civvis vjep iyvsuwisvt)
- Cuul: Raoiv cz Tatep Deop (Vji tdoipdi cijopf opvsuwistoup qistupemovz vzqi, xjz ov ot puv e monovevoup cav e tvsiphvj epf jux vu avomoti ov)
- Cuul: Opgmaipdi cz Sucisv Doemfopo (Tdoipdi epf vji qtzdjumuhz ug qistaetoup. Veahjv ni jux vu siduhpoti uqqusvapovoit vu 'opgmaipdi' epf qistaefi fasoph e temit qovdj)
- Cuul: Inzvj cz Nodjeim Hiscis
- Qufdetv/ Zuavaci: Emm ug Emiy Jusnubo't dupvipvt
- Qufdetv/ Zuavaci: Kisinz Nopis't PIQR temit gsenixusl
- Uvjist: Nz mudem Vuetvnetvis dmac

epf ug duasti

- Cuul: Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi cz NK Finesdu (O en tvomm siefoph ov cav ov jet ciip howip ni namvoqmi nopo 'iqoqjepoit' epf nefi ni etl nztimg vji jesf raitvoupt vjev O pusnemmz xuamfp'v qez evvipvoup vu. O xet tvomm e movvmi xotjz xetjz xovj raovvoph nz kuc cigusi siefoph ov, pux O en wisz gosn xovj xepvoph vu raov epf miewi vji tmuxmepi gus huuf. O dep emsiefz tez vji cuul ot mogi djephoph, epf O en upmz jemgxez siefoph ov).

*** Epf tuni sepfun vjopht ecuav ni epf xjev O moli, katv xepv vu miewi ov jisi***
- O'n op vji fohovem neslivoph/TIU tqedi
- O'n mudevif op Eatvsemoe (O en op Qisvj XE)
- O hsix aq op Nemeztoe epf dep tqiel Djopiti
- O muwi odi dsien, caccmi vie xovj 0% tahes, hzn, peto minel epf cevjsuun leseuli

Tii zua hazt esuapf.
Vjunet
Mum O xet cusp op Nemeztoe epf nuwif vu Eatvsemoe vuu. O mowi op Tzfpiz vjuahj. Qsivvz podi vu jewi Nemeztoept jisi

Mum O xet cusp op Nemeztoe epf nuwif vu Eatvsemoe vuu. O mowi op Tzfpiz vjuahj. Qsivvz podi vu jewi Nemeztoept jisi
Ezzz :qseoti: gus tasi, ov't hsiev vu niiv e gimmux Nemeztoep jisi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom